Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Is buying a CM really a neccessity?We have been going through well with cesc-busi-iniesta midfield.If their is injury in the mid,xavi can come in.

Cesc-Busi-Iniesta trio has been quite bad, and has forced Messi down to take over the playmaker role.

Messi is probably the second best playmaker in the world, ontop of beeing the best striker

Last edited:
V

voodoomaster

tbh ideally we would sign a CM like Vidal as rumored ,but let's be honest here we don't have the money to reinforce our defense,get new GK and may be a new no 9 too and then sign an expensive CM

Do we need a new number 9? Go for gundogan, hummels/luiz, and stegen, I dont expect more, wouldnt hurt with a few more though;)

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
tbh ideally we would sign a CM like Vidal as rumored ,but let's be honest here we don't have the money to reinforce our defense,get new GK and may be a new no 9 too and then sign an expensive CM

If the Madrid disgusting rumor-mill and pigsty is to be believed, the team will have more than enough money because according to them Messi has already decided he will accept an offer from PSG and leave after the World Cup.

If anyone knows Spanish and wants a good laugh, go here:

http://www.lasexta.com/programas/jugones/chiringuito/

Those are the former clowns from Punto Pelota, now moved to this new program, but still up to their normal bullshit spinning and crap flinging antics. That Francois Gallardo and Tomas Roncero are about as disgusting a pair of creatures as have walked this earth.

I would get angry watching those videos, but I find their stupidity very amusing.

Neymessi

Cesc-Busi-Iniesta trio has been quite bad, and has forced Messi down to take over the playmaker role.

Messi is probably the second best playmaker in the world, ontop of beeing the best striker

That was because iniesta was out of form at that time.He is back now.And cesc has the most assists this season.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Do we need a new number 9?

Messi down to take over the playmaker role... Messi is probably the second best playmaker in the world, ontop of beeing the best striker

In the year when Messi scored over 90 goals in a year, he had by far the most assists in the club, and I think the 2nd most assists overall in Europe, next only to Ozil I believe. I guess the question is what is meant by "making your teammates play better", but if having intergalactic vision and providing ridiculous passes right to the feet/in perfect stride to his teammates qualifies, I would say Messi makes his teammates better.

Watch that video, and tell me that he wouldn't have a field day behind a real 9. Too many times in that video, he would honestly tee up the ball perfectly only to see them waste the chance. A clinical 9 for Messi to link-up with to allow him to play as a 10 I think could be the future of the club long term. Messi is the kind of player who can score from anywhere on the pitch so I don't think playing a 9 in front of him is going to limit his goal scoring. He could easily score 40-50 goals a season as a CAM and having him play behind a 9 would create a lot more balance in our attack.

A new striker will help our team a lot more in the long run than a new midfielder. Especially as Messi gets older, dropping him deeper makes a lot more sense.

Afro

^+1. I think (and I hope) we will see sooner rather than later see Messi moved into midfield, having Biscuits + someone else behind him. Particularly in big games this seasons, I feel we've lacked a certain edge in attack that a true 9 would give us - it worked really well against Milan, I reckon with some proper time put into implementing it in training it could be a very deadly system for us.

aaron101

If we move Messi to CAM and play a striker in front of him, where will Fabregas play? Fabregas is also a No. 10.

BarçAjax8

If we move Messi to CAM and play a striker in front of him, where will Fabregas play? Fabregas is also a No. 10.

You don't move Messi to CAM but back to a free "False-RW" role so he can do what he does now but with a Striker occupying the opposition defense. The only problem with this will be if Dani leaves this summer. When Messi runs centrally it leaves a lot of space on the right wing which Dani usually runs into giving the opposition more than they can handle. If Dani is sold Jordi Alba will be the attacking back allowing Neymar/Pedro to move incisively with his over lapping runs.
Tactically I don't know what that will look like but it doesn't feel right.

Afro

Depends if Cesc has enough within him to reinvent his game to play the role between Sergio and a CM. Personally, I can't see it myself but we're talking about a world-class midfielder here. Also, and I'm prepared to be laughed out of here for this, but there's nothing to suggest that Cesc couldn't be that number 9 in front of Messi - we've seen how effective he can be in that role for Spain, I'd like to see how he does it for Barca with Messi in behind.

XaviMessiGirl

To my defense :mou:

Let the morning after side of me clarify a bit. I never actively want to see us lose but should we lose to Bayern, I won't necessarily be as bitter as say Madrid or Chelsea. Atletico however is...tricky

Yeah, I agree with you there. And even if drunk, that last bit about the board waking up & changing the way they've been running things (football club vs. business) is definitely what I wish for if we get owned in the CL, by Bayern or anyone. Though I think most sensible fans would.

Icarium

Lifestealer
People who are suggesting to move messi into midfield position or in position behind a natural 9 should think twice before saying it. I mean it is too early for messi to play that role i can see him play in that position in future but not yet. He is still 26, i would wait until he reaches 30 to play him in CAM position.

Messi goal scoring talent is just too great to neglect and move from his usual false nine position. If he could play in CAM better pep would have done it with ibra playing front of him. But messi plays at his best in false nine position (most of the time). We only need him to shift to midfield or right wing when the opponents are parking the bus or 3/4 players marking him. He won't be able to do the awesome runs from midfield more often if he has a striker in front of him. He will have much lesser placce. He will still score many goals but it will be more tough for him to score from midfield. He will assist more though, but i don't think we should play a striker in front of him in every match. Messi finishing is one of the best in the world (IMO he is the best finisher). We already have cesc for giving assists, his vision for through balls which will become really important for barca in future is best in the world

False 9 is the perfect place for him to play and an occasional shift to right wing or playing behind a striker will improve barca against bus parking teams. That is why barca should try for an experienced striker rather than sure starter like aguero.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
People who are suggesting to move messi into midfield position or in position behind a natural 9 should think twice before saying it. I mean it is too early for messi to play that role i can see him play in that position in future but not yet. He is still 26, i would wait until he reaches 30 to play him in CAM position.

Messi goal scoring talent is just too great to neglect and move from his usual false nine position. If he could play in CAM better pep would have done it with ibra playing front of him. But messi plays at his best in false nine position (most of the time). We only need him to shift to midfield or right wing when the opponents are parking the bus or 3/4 players marking him. He won't be able to do the awesome runs from midfield more often if he has a striker in front of him. He will have much lesser placce. He will still score many goals but it will be more tough for him to score from midfield. He will assist more though, but i don't think we should play a striker in front of him in every match. Messi finishing is one of the best in the world (IMO he is the best finisher). We already have cesc for giving assists, his vision for through balls which will become really important for barca in future is best in the world

False 9 is the perfect place for him to play and an occasional shift to right wing or playing behind a striker will improve barca against bus parking teams. That is why barca should try for an experienced striker rather than sure starter like aguero.

You are correct that moving Messi to a primary midfield role would be entirely too premature right now. He simply is too good a scorer to move him further away from the goal and to give him responsibilities that would make him less of a scoring threat.

However, that and getting him a striker help are two different things. Getting Messi a true striker will only enhance his current role. He would still move around between the CF spot, the wing, and the midfield like he does, but now the striker is occupying defenders, dragging marks, taking all the contact, and giving Messi a lot more space to operate, which just makes him all the more dangerous. The objective of the striker is to simply give Messi more freedom and space so that he can be his deadly self.

Neymar too for that matter, would benefit astronomically from a striker help. Both Messi and he would operate within the space afforded to them by the striker moving CBs and dragging marks with runs and movement.

Though, for this to be effective, IMHO the striker needs to be a world class striker. You cannot get second tier type because his threat level will not be enough to threaten defenders and force them to move when the striker does.

L

linetty

Balanta (River): "Barcelona rumours? It'd be a dream, it is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but can't yet know if it will happen."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans