Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

Relying on rafinha to replace Xavi is a gamble. Xavi only should play maybe 20-25 matches next season. What if we have injuries in midfield?

F

Flavia

Relying on rafinha to replace Xavi is a gamble. Xavi only should play maybe 20-25 matches next season. What if we have injuries in midfield?
Vidal would require a change in playing style. A much bigger gamble. Kind of a tough spot for Barça now. Letting Thiago go was such a huge mistake. Now there's this situation. But any of kroos or vidal will be hard to get.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't understand why people continue with this Vidal pipe dream. Not only would Vidal require a system change to fully utilize his skills, but Barcelona will not pay the 50-60M €, at least, it will require to pry Vidal from Juve's grasp. The team simply has too many needs to overspend for one player that would require so much change to their style.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't understand why people continue with this Vidal pipe dream. Not only would Vidal require a system change to fully utilize his skills, but Barcelona will not pay the 50-60M €, at least, it will require to pry Vidal from Juve's grasp. The team simply has too many needs to overspend for one player that would require so much change to their style.

But.... But.... FM14 :icon_confused:

pawanme10

Has Kroos even been mentioned by any shitty paper that he's a target of ours? Or is it because of his contract issues?

bild did, I think.
I'd much rather get our back four sorted first things first! Get a couple of CBs that should be our priority.
Is there any truth to us being linked to Benatia?
I've seen him play, he has pace and is a good defender. His ability with the ball is suspect though.

SeloBarca

Vidal is an AM, Rafinha is an AM, Kroos is an AM.
We need a CM. A playmaking CM.

Should atleast get Torres for the future if we wont sign Gundogan (that injury is kinda worrying)

F

FCBblaug

Vidal is an AM, Rafinha is an AM, Kroos is an AM.
We need a CM. A playmaking CM.

Should atleast get Torres for the future if we wont sign Gundogan (that injury is kinda worrying)
Vidal, kroos as AM? :facepalm:
Torres is the one who actually plays AM, actually left sided ATM in the 44-2 formation! While kroos plays deepr, and vidal is box to box DM/AM hybrid type of player

Vidal, kroos as AM? :facepalm:
Torres is the one who actually plays AM, actually left sided ATM in the 44-2 formation! While kroos plays deepr, and vidal is box to box DM/AM hybrid type of player

Vidal reminds me of Ballack and he would definitely never fit into barca playing style.
Song has the same problem, he is world class but Barca isn't his team ans spain not his league.
He belongs in Germany or England.

i_bleed_blaugrana

:party1: my point exactly, particularly with Gundogan. Neither Juve nor Dortmund play anything close to our style of football and I don't understand why people magically think they could just walk on to this team and bench both Xavi and Cesc. Nonsense, like you said, it would take a complete overhaul of our system and shape to fit them in and like I said, it does more harm than good.

You guys say that vidal can't play CM for barca and you want rafinha to play that role, because he fits? :facepalm:

Do you watch him play like at all? I've actually been watching Celta intermittently the 2nd half of the season (Celta and Everton I occassionally watch a recent game to keep an eye on Deu and Rafa) and if you saw how he plays, you'd see why I am going to bat for this guy so much. He's the real deal and I see more room for growth in his game than Thiago even, he's more versatile and dynamic.

WHY IS EVERYONE FORGETTING ABOUT :cesc: ??

That's the thing, Xavi still has it, in case you didn't watch that Osasuna game. He can still play and be very effective for at least another two seasons. Like you said, if we limit him to 20-25 matches a season, with Rafa and Cesc rotating for his spot, we would have all the depth we needed. Cesc and Rafa start La Liga games so they can develop more and get match sharpness, Xavi gets CLs, CdR and El Clasicos unless either Cesc or Rafa are in too good of form to be benched.

We don't need a world class CM to immedately replace Xavi next season, its much more about slowly phasing him out than shutting him out completely, which is why I think a youth prospect is the better read in MF. It would allow us to make the transition much easier and gracefully, as well as saving us a shit ton of $$, Vidal would be 50 mil+ and either Gundogan or Kroos will be at least 32-35. Keep in mind, we aren't the only ones looking for CMs in case you haven't heard about UTD. Any CM we try to sign, they will automatically hop in the race as well and since they need a CM a helluva lot more than we need to, they will probably be willing to push to prices up on anyone we try to sign. So if we do get one of those three, we will have to overpay, which IS NOT SMART!

Lastly, it makes no business sense, let alone sporting sense, to try and sign a player that got pushed out of the squad by a player we just sold a year ago. Obviously Thiago leaving will go down as one of the biggest transfer blunders we will ever make (yes, even worse than Ibra, he at least got us a clasico win) but the reason why Pep bought him in the first place was because he had qualities Bayern's squad didn't currently have. Schweini plays more of a Xavi role in that team than Kroos does. Kroos is a fantastic MF but he wasn't the metronome in MF, its been Thiago since Pep came and it was Schweini before then. So again, let the kids play! Besides, anyone we bought means less time for Fabregas in MF and more of him as a false 9 which I highly doubt anyone wants to see anymore considering he has been in complete beast mode this season when he plays in MF.

Am I wrong, because I really don't see why people aren't agreeing with this logic here. Its in line with our ethos as a club, La Masia is what got us here. Why spurn it when we need it the most?

F

Flavia

:party1: my point exactly, particularly with Gundogan. Neither Juve nor Dortmund play anything close to our style of football and I don't understand why people magically think they could just walk on to this team and bench both Xavi and Cesc. Nonsense, like you said, it would take a complete overhaul of our system and shape to fit them in and like I said, it does more harm than good.

Do you watch him play like at all? I've actually been watching Celta intermittently the 2nd half of the season (Celta and Everton I occassionally watch a recent game to keep an eye on Deu and Rafa) and if you saw how he plays, you'd see why I am going to bat for this guy so much. He's the real deal and I see more room for growth in his game than Thiago even, he's more versatile and dynamic.

That's the thing, Xavi still has it, in case you didn't watch that Osasuna game. He can still play and be very effective for at least another two seasons. Like you said, if we limit him to 20-25 matches a season, with Rafa and Cesc rotating for his spot, we would have all the depth we needed. Cesc and Rafa start La Liga games so they can develop more and get match sharpness, Xavi gets CLs, CdR and El Clasicos unless either Cesc or Rafa are in too good of form to be benched.

We don't need a world class CM to immedately replace Xavi next season, its much more about slowly phasing him out than shutting him out completely, which is why I think a youth prospect is the better read in MF. It would allow us to make the transition much easier and gracefully, as well as saving us a shit ton of $$, Vidal would be 50 mil+ and either Gundogan or Kroos will be at least 32-35. Keep in mind, we aren't the only ones looking for CMs in case you haven't heard about UTD. Any CM we try to sign, they will automatically hop in the race as well and since they need a CM a helluva lot more than we need to, they will probably be willing to push to prices up on anyone we try to sign. So if we do get one of those three, we will have to overpay, which IS NOT SMART!

Lastly, it makes no business sense, let alone sporting sense, to try and sign a player that got pushed out of the squad by a player we just sold a year ago. Obviously Thiago leaving will go down as one of the biggest transfer blunders we will ever make (yes, even worse than Ibra, he at least got us a clasico win) but the reason why Pep bought him in the first place was because he had qualities Bayern's squad didn't currently have. Schweini plays more of a Xavi role in that team than Kroos does. Kroos is a fantastic MF but he wasn't the metronome in MF, its been Thiago since Pep came and it was Schweini before then. So again, let the kids play! Besides, anyone we bought means less time for Fabregas in MF and more of him as a false 9 which I highly doubt anyone wants to see anymore considering he has been in complete beast mode this season when he plays in MF.

Am I wrong, because I really don't see why people aren't agreeing with this logic here. Its in line with our ethos as a club, La Masia is what got us here. Why spurn it when we need it the most?
I agree. Getting Rafinha back, and sorting the defense are the most important. If there's money left, maybe a cf.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Keep in mind, we aren't the only ones looking for CMs
That's the thing, Xavi still has it

:worthy:

La Masia is what got us here. Why spurn it when we need it the most?

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Can't emphasize how much I agree with you, Cesc is one of our most underrated players, especially in a more "midfieldy" role, it seems that these days everyone thinks that Xavi is "past it" when in reality he's still up there with the best midfielders in the world and is the best at what he does. And that point about La Masia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans