Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

There are underlying issues here, it's not as simple as Barca appealing and delaying the ban for a few months so these transfers can be completed.

Ter Stegen is Barca's number 1 target, that automatically makes him appealing for any other club. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a ploy by his agent to welcome higher bids from another club. They can use Barca's situation to capitalize on their profits.

Also, FIFA aren't idiots. They wouldn't impose a ban 2 months prior to the transfer window knowing that Barca could simply appeal and delay the case and in the meantime make the signings necessary. There must be more to it.

jamjamjam

yeah bild reports a lot of trash too

if it's true that the ban will be stayed for a couple of months i wonder who they'll try to sign

B

beautifulgame

There are underlying issues here, it's not as simple as Barca appealing and delaying the ban for a few months so these transfers can be completed.

Ter Stegen is Barca's number 1 target, that automatically makes him appealing for any other club. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a ploy by his agent to welcome higher bids from another club. They can use Barca's situation to capitalize on their profits.

Also, FIFA aren't idiots. They wouldn't impose a ban 2 months prior to the transfer window knowing that Barca could simply appeal and delay the case and in the meantime make the signings necessary. There must be more to it.

as far as i understand it the deal is signed. they are now contractually obligated, they can't nullify the deal because they want more money. the deal is off and only off if fifa ban barca from signing any players immediately.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
"Ter Stegen's agent: Barcelona deal cannot go through now"

"now". I still think that's based on their understanding of the ban as it stands now. Things could change.

I don't think he is saying the ter Stegen deal is absolutely off the table. They are saying though he is definiely leaving Gladbach. If not Barca, where else?

L

Learo

Yeah but the statement is qualified as by "if I read the it right," so your going on the interpretation of his agent of the ban if you take his conclusion.

It still hasn't been cleared up if the ban is set to take place immediately or can be delayed by an appeal process. If it can be delayed then obviously we can make early signings.

lol, what a ridiculous ban that would have been. It would hardly be a punishment at all, clubs can just sign whoever they want in the transfer window before the ban takes effect.

Alarcón

We will surely sign someone in the summer. The club will appeal the decision and worst case, the ban will be delayed. I hope they have some sense and sign more players than we need, for positions where reinforcements will be required in the near future. Besides ter Stegen, 1 or 2 CB's, 1 RB, 1 CM and maybe 1 striker are surely needed.

lol, what a ridiculous ban that would have been. It would hardly be a punishment at all, clubs can just sign whoever they want in the transfer window before the ban takes effect.

If it was that simple, a club could just sign whatever player they want immediately and wouldn't have to sign players every year. But in reality, situations change every few months; players get worse, get injured, leave, areas that were formerly strengths of the team are now weak points. That's why there's always room to improve for every team in the world and that's why such a transfer ban would always be a problem, no matter if you can sign more players in advance.

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

If the ban is upheld. Its going to massive change in plans anyways. But most important thing is not to panic. Chelsea had a similar ban few years ago, and it didn't do much harm tbh.

We have a wonderful wonderful squad, perfect ones. And even if no new players come, Deulofue and rafinha can be called back from loan spells. We have Affley and cuenca who could add numbers. And i have always said, cuenca in particular can a very useful players if he can stay healthy.

Valdez contract can be renewed, he can be convinced to stay if the ban restricts marcs deal.

Only concern would be defense. Which does requires additions. But even for that position i genuinely believe there are couple of genuinely potential excellent cb waiting for 1st team opportunity. Yes, age, young . not that class what so ever. But ever since a long time, we can really have a good look at la massiah.

Theconomist

If the ban is upheld. Its going to massive change in plans anyways. But most important thing is not to panic. Chelsea had a similar ban few years ago, and it didn't do much harm tbh.

We have a wonderful wonderful squad, perfect ones. And even if no new players come, Deulofue and rafinha can be called back from loan spells. We have Affley and cuenca who could add numbers. And i have always said, cuenca in particular can a very useful players if he can stay healthy.

Valdez contract can be renewed, he can be convinced to stay if the ban restricts marcs deal.

Only concern would be defense. Which does requires additions. But even for that position i genuinely believe there are couple of genuinely potential excellent cb waiting for 1st team opportunity. Yes, age, young . not that class what so ever. But ever since a long time, we can really have a good look at la massiah.

No, Chelsea got theirs overturned.
We're in a much much shittier situation anyway: GK leaving, CB retiring....

Alarcón

We don't have a "wonderful" squad, our squad is very thin, key positions are occupied by ageing players, we have a lot of deadwood like Cuenca and Afellay and players like Fàbregas who don't fit in. It needs a lot of work.

L

Learo

Our squad is great. We just need a defender and a goalie. No more needed. The only key player who is getting on in age is Xavi. The rest is in their 20s or just passed 30.

Alarcón

Our squad is great. We just need a defender and a goalie. No more needed. The only key player who is getting on in age is Xavi. The rest is in their 20s or just passed 30.

Xavi is 34 already and in my opinion far from his former level and even far from world class at this moment, and he plays in a position of utmost importance to our style of play, so replacing him should be a priority. Alves is 30 as well and a liability in defense. In addition, our bench is poor for a world class team; every time a player gets injured, he is replaced by a player with clearly inferior quality, except in attack where we have 1 very good sub (Pedro/Alexis) and maybe in defense (Bartra).

L

Learo

Xavi is 34 already and in my opinion far from his former level and even far from world class at this moment, and he plays in a position of utmost importance to our style of play, so replacing him should be a priority. Alves is 30 as well and a liability in defense. In addition, our bench is poor for a world class team; every time a player gets injured, he is replaced by a player with clearly inferior quality, except in attack where we have 1 very good sub (Pedro/Alexis) and maybe in defense (Bartra).

Look, I get what you are saying. You make valid points. But consider this. Alves is a super fit player. He used to run 20 km every day as a kid to and from school. He shows zero signs of aging, and is only 30 anyway. I dont see us improving on him in that position. The only aging player is Xavi and we can not replace him with someone from outside with zero experience in our system. Those type of players are found in La Masia with years of grooming, like Pep Guardiola when he played for us, or Xavi or Iniesta.

So we need a better bench? But what happens when these players demand more playing time? Thats the problem with having a bench full of world class players. It risks destroying he locker room. I think our youth should be given more chances, and a bench of star players will make it impossible for La Masia graduates to succeed with us.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm still pretty confident that we will still have Halilovic and Ter Stergen so if everyone could calm da fuq down for a sec, that'd be great :coffee:

I am of the camp that sees this as a blessing in disguise. If we are allowed to deal this summer, these sanctions will force the board to finally address some long term problems with the squad that have been woefully apparent since the Pep era. A smart splash in the market this summer, I think, would resolve a lot of our problems to where we wouldn't have a need to dip into the market when we are suspended.

Unlike other clubs who would crumble at a ruling like this, we can now go back into promoting and playing our youth. In sum, I think these sanctions could go a long way to helping our board realize that we need to revert back to our principles. IDK, I am hoping I am not just a naive optimist because the people running this board seem to haven't a clue on how to run a successful and legit club.

Its a shame how shortly it took for us to fall from being the most revered and respected club in the world to the circus we are hearing about now. Que lastima.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans