Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

Sports director Zubizarreta has been in touch with Ter Stegen yesterday to assure him that his transfer can go through this summer. [marca]

FC B

I've got the feeling that stupid transfer ban won't stand for long as it is now. It is way to abusive imo.

L

linetty

Barcelona scouts attended Basel-Valencia yesterday. Basel defender Fabian Schar (22) would be Barcelona's main centre back option. [md]

Egert

Estonian Culé
Transfer of Dortmund winger Marco Reus (24) could be put on hold after transfer ban. Player was waiting for Barcelona's final offer. [sport]
Reus is considering to stay at Dortmund for another year if he can't join Barcelona now. Meeting planned between agent and Barcelona [sport]

L

Learo

Barcelona scouts attended Basel-Valencia yesterday. Basel defender Fabian Schar (22) would be Barcelona's main centre back option. [md]

no chance of that happening. the CB has to play in the Premiership which sadly everyone watches, and be really hyped, really overpriced and really impossible to get for us to show real interest.

Djab

Transfer of Dortmund winger Marco Reus (24) could be put on hold after transfer ban. Player was waiting for Barcelona's final offer. [sport]
Reus is considering to stay at Dortmund for another year if he can't join Barcelona now. Meeting planned between agent and Barcelona [sport]

I would love to see him here, but the word [sport] leaves me speechless.

Alarcón

I would only be comfortable with that if another defender arrives as well. If we get Hummels and him, we're set.

L

Learo

I would only be comfortable with that if another defender arrives as well. If we get Hummels and him, we're set.

Then one of Pique, Bartra or Masche will leave. Bartra is up and coming and is too old to be loaned out (turning 24 next season) Masche is a solid player and Pique aint leaving.

L

linetty

Bartra is already good enough to be a starter IMO and he seems to get along well with Mascherano... Pique is the problem here, because his profile is too similar to Bartra's and their partnership may not be good enough to cope with ours & the other fans' expectations.

Since Pique is not for sale, I don't have a clue how our defensive problem can be sorted out. We can buy a defender to partner Pique, but what about Bartra, who IMO is a GREAT defender. He handled Atletico Madrid with quite an amount of pressure on him replacing injured Pique after being a regular benchwarmer

mazp

Bartra is already good enough to be a starter IMO and he seems to get along well with Mascherano... Pique is the problem here, because his profile is too similar to Bartra's and their partnership may not be good enough to cope with ours & the other fans' expectations.

Since Pique is not for sale, I don't have a clue how our defensive problem can be sorted out. We can buy a defender to partner Pique, but what about Bartra, who IMO is a GREAT defender. He handled Atletico Madrid with quite an amount of pressure on him replacing injured Pique after being a regular benchwarmer

Bartra did well, but keep in mind he didn't have to face a healthy Diego Costa either. 2nd Leg will find out more where he's at, when he most likely faces Costa from the start.

L

Learo

But arent we exaggerating the problems? We concede one of the fewest goals in Europe, and none of our 3 main CBs are old. Bartra will keep getting better with more playing time, and ter Stegen's signing was already wrapped up in February so he will arrive regardless of any ban. So where does this leave us? We have our two greatest talents, Sergi Samper and Rafinha eagerly waiting to show themselves for the first team next season, so there is no need for us to go looking for signings in midfield that will be obstacles for their progress. And up front, we have more players than we need. I am totally fine with us just getting ter Stegen this summer and giving opportunities to Samper, Rafinha and possibly Sergi Gomez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans