Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcbdna

Banned
Bartra is already good enough to be a starter IMO and he seems to get along well with Mascherano... Pique is the problem here, because his profile is too similar to Bartra's and their partnership may not be good enough to cope with ours & the other fans' expectations.

Since Pique is not for sale, I don't have a clue how our defensive problem can be sorted out. We can buy a defender to partner Pique, but what about Bartra, who IMO is a GREAT defender. He handled Atletico Madrid with quite an amount of pressure on him replacing injured Pique after being a regular benchwarmer

Very true! This ban might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Question is. . . Is Batra ready to seize this opportunity?

Kerrybai

Bartra is already good enough to be a starter IMO and he seems to get along well with Mascherano... Pique is the problem here, because his profile is too similar to Bartra's and their partnership may not be good enough to cope with ours & the other fans' expectations.

Since Pique is not for sale, I don't have a clue how our defensive problem can be sorted out. We can buy a defender to partner Pique, but what about Bartra, who IMO is a GREAT defender. He handled Atletico Madrid with quite an amount of pressure on him replacing injured Pique after being a regular benchwarmer

I hope he can step up but the Atletico game tells us nothing He had very little to do and allowed Villa a good chance.

Alarcón

There will be no ban. At least not this summer.

And Bartra might become good enough to be a starter, but counting on that possibility could turn out to be the wrong decision and we need 4 very good defenders anyway.

L

Learo

There will be no ban. At least not this summer.

And Bartra might become good enough to be a starter, but counting on that possibility could turn out to be the wrong decision and we need 4 very good defenders anyway.

we need 4 now? whatever happened to continuity, the biggest asset of any defense?

Never allowing the youth the chance because it would be deemed too risky, is a strategy for the demolition of la masia. we need to trust them. I say ter Stegen's signing is enough this summer, regardless of any ban or not.

L

Learo

We need 4 great defenders overall, not 4 new signings.

And we have as great a defense as any team in the world. Look how vulnerable other teams look when we have a go at their backline. They look like a complete joke. Take Real Madrid, their record against any great side this season is pathetic, constantly look like a joke in defense. What about the other teams? They dont have a better defense than us, just a more defensive team structure, a small club mentality in other words. I dont see us improving much if at all, if we replace a CB with someone like Thiago Silva and David Luiz, both susceptible to brain farts.

Alarcón

One more injured and we're playing with Adriano at the back. It is already giving me nightmares.

Our squad is simply too thin, the bench is filled with 2nd-class-players, youngsters and oldtimers. When we lose a player to an iniury, there is a big drop in quality. Right now we're playing with Pinto in goal who wouldn't be a starter in any Liga side and probably in most Segunda sides neither. Xavi is 34 and if he gets injured, we're screwed. I'm not even going to start on players like Messi, Iniesta and Busquets.

The only players on our bench who are able to maintain a similar level to the starters are Pedro and Bartra. When you compare it to Bayern who have a bench filled with players who would walk into most other teams, you realise how far behind other world class teams we are on this issue.

And about your statement that our defense is up there with the best in the world. This season, they indeed have a great record but keep in mind that Tata plays more defensively than his predecessors and it isn't long ago that we've conceded 3 goals against Madrid. Anyone who watches Barca matches immediately realises that defense is a weak point of our team and it is again made obvious this season as our attackers had to make up for the defense several times.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
And we have as great a defense as any team in the world. Look how vulnerable other teams look when we have a go at their backline. They look like a complete joke. Take Real Madrid, their record against any great side this season is pathetic, constantly look like a joke in defense. What about the other teams? They dont have a better defense than us, just a more defensive team structure, a small club mentality in other words. I dont see us improving much if at all, if we replace a CB with someone like Thiago Silva and David Luiz, both susceptible to brain farts.

Atletico Madrid disagree. 4 times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans