Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I found Zubi :zubi:

You sure did :)

No one is getting younger. That goes against nature.

Xavi's role can only be found within the club, a player brought up with our philosophy is crucial in that role. Its not going to be found by making a signing and expecting him to control our play like Xavi has done for a decade. We have Busi-Iniesta-Cesc as our midfield without Xavi, and Song in reserve with Samper being our most promising youth player together with Rafinha. Surely, if we want Samper to play a role for us, or even Rafinha, we cant make a midfield signing. Samper and Rafinha should be our "signings".

"Can only be found within the club"? Only? That's a bald statement. And seriously, are you even watching our games? Song doesn't fit in and Cesc has his "I suck second half of the season disease". Samper is a good prospect, but not ready for next season - to weak, slow, misses many passes (not the 2-3 meter simple passes, but often when crossing or through ball ) and fu*ks up defensively way to often - I've seen him a couple of times this season and no, just not yet. Song has to go and we need a player for DM that could also play CM, an experienced top player. Rafinha looks alright as backup for Cesc, Iniesta and in Copa games, I'm actually quite impressed by some of his games this season - will he become a Deco for us? Not impossible :)

Last edited:

BarçAjax8

You sure did :)

"Can only be found within the club"? Only? That's a bald statement. And seriously, are you even watching our games? Song doesn't fit in and Cesc has his "I suck second half of the season disease". Samper is a good prospect, but not ready for next season - to weak, slow, misses many passes (not the 2-3 meter simple passes, but often when crossing or through ball ) and fu*ks up defensively way to often - I've seen him a couple of times this season and no, just not yet. Song has to go and we need a player for DM that could also play CM, an experienced top player. Rafinha looks alright as backup for Cesc, Iniesta and in Copa games, I'm actually quite impressed by some of his games this season - will he become a Deco for us? Not impossible :)

I understand what Learo means about Xavi's role being filled from within the club. How many Xavi style players are actually out there? Gundogan, Thiago and maybe Kroos? What Xavi does for our team is very unique and it takes someone who truly understands our system inside and out to perform it well. Cesc has been programmed to play EPL football that is why he is not going to fill that role.

I think if he can avoid injuries Xavi has 2 seasons left at Barcelona. If we buy a Gundogan or Kroos we can forget about the development of Rafinha or Sergi Roberto, they will never get any minutes. We should make a smaller investment in Oliver Torres who already seems to have that role in his DNA. If Torres can work with Xavi in 2 years time (or sooner) we could have a young replacement. Sell Song, Afellay, JDS, leaving us with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Mascherano, Cesc as our starters. Integrate Rafinha, Torres and Roberto and they will find their roles in the team. In a few seasons Samper and Denis could be ready and we'll have a fresh new midfield while maintaining some experienced players.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I understand what Learo means about Xavi's role being filled from within the club. How many Xavi style players are actually out there? Gundogan, Thiago and maybe Kroos? What Xavi does for our team is very unique and it takes someone who truly understands our system inside and out to perform it well. Cesc has been programmed to play EPL football that is why he is not going to fill that role.

I think if he can avoid injuries Xavi has 2 seasons left at Barcelona. If we buy a Gundogan or Kroos we can forget about the development of Rafinha or Sergi Roberto, they will never get any minutes. We should make a smaller investment in Oliver Torres who already seems to have that role in his DNA. If Torres can work with Xavi in 2 years time (or sooner) we could have a young replacement. Sell Song, Afellay, JDS, leaving us with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Mascherano, Cesc as our starters. Integrate Rafinha, Torres and Roberto and they will find their roles in the team. In a few seasons Samper and Denis could be ready and we'll have a fresh new midfield while maintaining some experienced players.

Well, why do we have to get a carbon-copy of Xavi - no really, why? But I agree, Xavi is good to be our starter for at least another season - but than we have to start looking for his replacement in Xavi's last year. Until than many things can change. But Song will not change and we could get a backup instead of Song for DM that could also play CM for Xavi, Jorginho from Napoli would be perfect just to mention one. Rafinha plays in a completely different position, he is even more attack-minded than Cesc - he could be our backup for messi and Iniesta/Cesc, but certainly not Xavi the way we play atm.
Sergi Roberto you say? Come on, he is already on the loan/transfer list as we speak, there is no way he will be with us next season (only if that crazy ban will actually affect us).
Torres you say, sure! I would love to get him already next season and rotate him with Xavi and give him all the Copa games. Will it happen? Sh*t, I don't know what they are thinking about... After the Chygryinkies, Ibras, Songs, not signing a CB and other catastrophic transfers our transfer windows is like Forrst Gump would say "Barca is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get"

i_bleed_blaugrana

I rate Rafinha as having enough ability and potential to create a new role out of Xavi's old one if we gave him a chance to develop in that role. Iniesta is more and more starting to boss possession with his passes like Xavi does. So I think the evolution of our system is with explosive AMs like Rafinha and Iniesta who can spread from the center to the wings and destroy fullbacks with their dribbling ability. You throw in another player who can beat players like Iniesta in MF along with Messi, there's very little defensively you can do to counter that. That sort of overlap would pull buses apart from the center.

Adding players who emulate Xavi (OT, Kroos, Gundogan) isn't essential to our future. In fact, I think having someone like Rafinha in MF would suit Neymar and Alexis very nicely. He is very creative, knows how to dribble and I think with time he could develop a sense of how to control games in our system (a la Xavi) while still bringing the directness and intensity he shows with Celta.

Out of all the MFs we've been linked to, the only MF I rate as highly to fit as well in our system as Rafinha would is OT. Otherwise, as far as MF is concerned, I think Rafinha shows everything you could want for our next MF general.

Honestly, I'd much rather us splash cash on someone like Cavani or Aguero than Kroos or Gundogan. And any addition to the squad in either the MF or FW department should come after and only after we resolve our Defense first. Locking down TS, a new CB and in my opinion a fullback should be our top transfer priorities if we can deal this summer.

If worst comes to worst, we can rely upon La Masia and actually test our youngsters during the transfer ban to see if they can fill the gaps. With Rafinha and Deulofeu back on loan, Suarez and Samper waiting in the wings in MF with a reinforced defense, we could easily have enough to withstand the year long ban and not have a need to go to the market.

Sidenote, Dongou says hi as well. Wouldn't mind seeing him have a Bojan like role in the team in the future. He has everything you'd want in a potential #9, another Eto'o. A loan spell might do him so good but I think it'd be a mistake to overlook him. He has potential.

#trustlamasia

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well, if you folks really want the guy, you should hurry. (which might be legally impossible).. ;)

Bayern want Roma defender Benatia

Bayern Munich are keen to strengthen their defence with Roma's Mehdi Benatia, who has a contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2018.
Source: Kicker

Duke

not sure why don't we buy OT now? it will cost us less that 10 mio according to transfermarket. Buy him and if we don't have a place for him now, loan him. Great future investment.

His dream was to play for Barcelona:
“I liked Barça a lot when I was a lad – I enjoyed watching Ronaldinho, he always made me smile. We all had childhood idols and he was mine. That’s why I supported Barça. But everything has changed since I came here. Now I wouldn’t swap colours for anything.”

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I still think Cesc will step forward when Xavi leaves. Cesc has been forever in Xavi's shadow.

Not at all, I believe. It's not that he has been in his shadow that hinders him from being an amazing player here. The playstyle we have just doesn't suit his tyle of play at all. He has trouble playing in confined spaces on the pitch and isn't comfortable playing while being pressed heavily. He needs space and time and that is usually not what you get at Barcelona. When we do, he can be very good (see the stats). To be honest, I don't think he has that bright of a future here, unfortunately. Love the player, but it isn't working out as we'd all hoped it would.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Benatia? But we are after Luiz:zubi:

I was on the fence about Luiz for a while, but the game against PSG settled it. I don't want him anywhere near Barca, he almost single-handedly gave PSG the win with his own-goal and crappy passing - and he played as DM, what damage will he do playing as CB? Stay away from him!!!

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I was on the fence about Luiz for a while, but the game against PSG settled it. I don't want him anywhere near Barca, he almost single-handedly gave PSG the win with his own-goal and crappy passing - and he played as DM, what damage will he do playing as CB? Stay away from him!!!

Yep I changed my mind after game against PSG game and when I realized that he is playing as DM all the time now.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
This just shows that Mou is pushing him towards Barca he knows our fetish for making DMs makeshift CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans