Status
Not open for further replies.

fcbdna

Banned
25m vs 100m :amazed:
BlWuB80IEAAiEhw.jpg

One of them is only in his first season here, the other. . . . Oh well. :tata1:

serghei

Selling a 25 years old who works the hardest in a team whose biggest problem is precisely the lack of commitment would be one of the stupidest moves from one of the most incompetent boards in Barca's history.

BBZ8800

20-25? What a joke is this? He should never go for less than 30m. Better keep him, if to sell for peanuts.

But it is logical.

He wasn't worth 37 when we have bought him.
He was worth, let's say, 30, but since we are Barca, we always have to overpay since clubs know that we will overpay if we really want a player.

He is today 3 years older and he wasn't particularly successful in Barca.
So 20-25M for him today is a reasonable price.

So, shorter, he was worth 28-30 in the past, and now he is worth 20-25.
The thing that we paid 37M for him is another pair of sleeves. It doesn't have anything with his objective price.

++ We, as a top team, always have to overpay each transfer for 20-30%.
And when we are selling, teams again know that we are desperate, so we usually get "objective" price, or more likely, even 10-20-30% lower price.

This repeats more or less in the last 20 years of our history, in basically all in&out transfers.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Official: Fifa announces that Barcelona's transfer ban has been suspended #fcblive

Fuck yeah!!!!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
But it is logical.

He was worth, let's say, 30, but since we are Barca, we always have to overpay since clubs know that we will overpay if we really want a player.

The thing that we paid 37M for him is another pair of sleeves. It doesn't have anything with his objective price.

You are crazy Alexis is entering his prime being 25 he has his prime years ahead of him not to mention his workrate coupled with his best season with Barca and the inflated market anything less than 45m is peanuts for that guy considering youngsters like Isco and Illara are going for 30-35m these days. Alexis is one of the best strikers in the world

serghei

But it is logical.

Lol. He's better now than he was when we first got him. He's a 40m player, 5-8m less than the value of Reus.

BBZ8800

You are crazy Alexis is entering his prime being 25 he has his prime years ahead of him not to mention his workrate coupled with his best season with Barca and the inflated market anything less than 45m is peanuts for that guy considering youngsters like Isco and Illara are going for 30-35m these days. Alexis is one of the best strikers in the world

If he is entering his prime and if he is that awesome, why are trying to get rid of him and why he is always our 4th or 5th choice in the attack (behind Messi, Ney, Fab, Pedro..)

Further, the real price of Isco and Illara is not 45.
Like I have wrote in the post above, Madrid also have to overpay, the same as we do.

So, if they buy Isco, his real price is around 35M, let's say.
But, when Madrid wants to buy him, they need to overpay and pay 45M.

If Madrid wants to resell Isco one year later, they can't get 45M, because other teams doesn't have to overpay like Real, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea..
So, they will get only 25-30 for him one Season later.

The same is with Alexis or any other player. We alway pay inflated price, but we can't get inflated price when we resell.
Yes, sometimes our board is stupid, but even with smarter guys, they couldn't do much more.

Other teams know that Barca wants to get rid of him and that we desperately need money for some new players.
So, why would anyone give 37M for him today, when they know that until the end of the summer, we will accept basically any decent offer, even 18, 20 or 22 Millions.

This is how things work. We could argue that it is stupid, but NO ONE will ever overpay for Barca's players.
Except Real Madrid (when they wanted Figo, Ronaldinho, Messi and similar) or maybe Psg, Chelsea.

We can get inflated prices only for top players like Messi and Neymar, maybe Fabregas (for Emglish teams).
All other, "average" Barca players will go for much less than we paid for.

Song? The same story.
We paid inflated price for him, and we will sell him for 50% less this summer.
Just wait and see.

i_bleed_blaugrana

As far as Alexis goes, like I've said, for me either him, Pedro or Alves should leave and I would prefer it to be the latter but I won't be upset if Alexis wants to leave. I don't blame him.

But for me, I'd rather we hold out for 35-40 million for Alexis, hopefully get 40, tack on another 20 and launch a bid for Aguero. 60 million would get their attention, and they could rebuild the team from there with fresh talent.

I'd much rather us go for a ST than Reus imho, but I'd rather we sell Alves and somewhat shift Alexi's role to his.

BBZ8800

Lol. He's better now than he was when we first got him. He's a 40m player, 5-8m less than the value of Reus.

You say that he is a 40M player. I don't think so.

Also, what if no one is willing to bid more than 20-25 for him, and we want to get rid of him?
a) we will keep him and we will again have him on the bench because he doesn't fit our style that much
b) we will sell him for peanuts, like we will do this summer

Again, option:
c) we will sell him for 35-40M
= doesn't exist

No one gives silly amounts to Barca. They always know that we are desperate both when we buy and when we sell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans