Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
If he is entering his prime and if he is that awesome, why are trying to get rid of him and why he is always our 4th or 5th choice in the attack (behind Messi, Ney, Fab, Pedro..)

Further, the real price of Isco and Illara is not 45.
Like I have wrote in the post above, Madrid also have to overpay, the same as we do.

So, if they buy Isco, his real price is around 35M, let's say.
But, when Madrid wants to buy him, they need to overpay and pay 45M.

If Madrid wants to resell Isco one year later, they can't get 45M, because other teams doesn't have to overpay like Real, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea..
So, they will get only 25-30 for him one Season later.

The same is with Alexis or any other player. We alway pay inflated price, but we can't get inflated price when we resell.
Yes, sometimes our board is stupid, but even with smarter guys, they couldn't do much more.

Other teams know that Barca wants to get rid of him and that we desperately need money for some new players.
So, why would anyone give 37M for him today, when they know that until the end of the summer, we will accept basically any decent offer, even 18, 20 or 22 Millions.

This is how things work. We could argue that it is stupid, but NO ONE will ever overpay for Barca's players.
Except Real Madrid (when they wanted Figo, Ronaldinho, Messi and similar) or maybe Psg, Chelsea.

We can get inflated prices only for top players like Messi and Neymar, maybe Fabregas (for Emglish teams).
All other, "average" Barca players will go for much less than we paid for.

Song? The same story.
We paid inflated price for him, and we will sell him for 50% less this summer.
Just wait and see.

Song I might agree with but a hell no from me for Alexis who in the top 5 top scorers in La Liga we want to get rid of dead wood mostly thats why teams underpay but Alexis is by no means deadwood. He is a top striker and anything less than 45m other teams can go f themselves

serghei

You say that he is a 40M player. I don't think so.

Also, what if no one is willing to bid more than 20-25 for him, and we want to get rid of him?
a) we will keep him and we will again have him on the bench because he doesn't fit our style that much
b) we will seel him for peanuts, like we will do this summer

Again, option:
c) we will sell him for 35-40M
= doesn't exist

No one gives silly amounts to Barca. They always know that we are desperate both when we buy and when we sell.

We are not deperate to sell Alexis. Why the hell would we be desperate to sell a player who has a ratio of almost 1 goal per game in the League? And the price is the price. We sold Villa for peanuts and he made us look like amateurs in the CL. He made Bartra and Mascherano look drunk.

icemanbrfc

Can we get Reus and Gundogan along with Klopp? :) no to Luiz as a defender, but would like a more solid center back. Luiz can replace Song imo, as he has done rather well playing as an enforcer in the Chelsea midfield. Deffinately need 2 defenders, and a striker along with maybe Te Stegen or another keeper. Actually we need 2 keepers, and i would like to see Barca look at Hugo Lloris at Tottenham

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

BBZ8800

Song I might agree with but a hell no from me for Alexis who in the top 5 top scorers in La Liga we want to get rid of dead wood mostly thats why teams underpay but Alexis is by no means deadwood. He is a top striker and anything less than 45m other teams can go f themselves

Ok.

Again, can you name one rich and silly team who is willing to pay 45 for Alexis?

Who could theoretically have the money for him:
a) Real Madrid=they don't need him, he is not good enough nor for us nor for them, honestly
b) Bayern=not good enough for them
c) Chelsea=probably not good enough, plus Mourinho will never fill our pockets, he hates us no matter which club he is in
d) Psg and Monaco=this could be our chance, if one of them would like to splash silly amounts
e) Milan, Juve and Italians=they don't have more than 20-25M to pay, per player

So, basically, we could get silly amounts for him only from Psg or Monaco if they would want to buy him.
For other teams like Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, he is not good enough.
And other top teams like Milan, Juve, Arsenal etc don't have more than 20-25 to give for him.

In reality, till the end of the summer, Alexis will have a few smaller bids like:
-- 18M from Milan
-- 22M from Arsenal
-- 18M from Atletico or some Spanish team
-- 24M from Juve

And we will still want to sell, and Juve will be the only option.
What would you do then?
40M offer will never come for him. And 24-25M is the highest you can get for him (when Barca is the seller).

serghei

My choices for CB are:

1. Hummels
2. Benatia
3. Mangala
4. Luiz
5. Thiago Silva

And for a young CB:

1. Doria

2. Laporte

@BBZ8800, then we don't sell. Simple as that. But I say we wait until the WC, Alexis will make a hell of a WC.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
One starting CB and one for the rotation. I go with Hummels and Jeremy Mathieu. Mathieu has the height and can cover both CB and LB. Despite his age I'll find him a very suitable choice for us.

BBZ8800

@BBZ8800, then we don't sell. Simple as that. But I say we wait until the WC, Alexis will make a hell of a WC.

I know.

But Alexis, Fabregas, Song, Alves and Tello are the only players whom are we are willing to sell and who could bring us some money.
We will probably sell 2-3 of them this summer.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/plan-renove-solo-intocables-3256000

Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Busquets, Pique and Alba are the only untouchables.
And again, we will need to sell some players for a rebuilding.

Usual 40-50 Millions for each season won't be enough for a reconstruction.
And we desperately need a new blood and a few of new players.
Even if that means selling Song and Alexis for 50% lower price.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
One starting CB and one for the rotation. I go with Hummels and Jeremy Mathieu. Mathieu has the height and can cover both CB and LB. Despite his age I'll find him a very suitable choice for us.

I love this but too logical so hard to see materializing

serghei

Yea, and I rate Hummels as the most complete CB out there. I would also buy Doria from Botafogo. That kid will become a great player. We don't really need any midfielders or wingers.

And call me crazy but I wouldn't sell Alves, Alexis or Song.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans