Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If you switch positions all the time it is hard to find consistency. Cesc this season has played with CM with Iniesta, CM with Xavi, wide left and false nine and did all the same at times last season.

Not only Cesc has suffered for it Iniesta has too. He has been very poor these past few months also.

Constantly moving positions and not feeling you have the 100% confidence of the manager all affects players.

Cesc could have walked out of Arsenal into any team in the world of his choosing and was one of the top performing players in the league. He was not inconsistent in any extreme way.

Lets not act like Cesc has been switched around from defense, to offense, to goal-keeping. He has played positions that share relative playing styles. It's not like he's being asked to do impossible things here. The stark contrast of his inconsistencies speak of something far deeper than just playing slightly different roles with regularity.

I think he's been giving plenty of chances. Just failed to take them. When Tata see them on training everyday, and still picks Xavi ahead of him, there's a reason for it..
of course
Pep's tactics were build around Xavi, not Cesc. Tito and Tata are still using those tactics no matter who's playing.
Imo Cesc is being used as a scapegoat.

At arsenal he was captain and famous for his 30 yard passes. How should a false 9 be able to give such passes?
I don't think Wenger would make an inconsistent injury prone slow player his captain (in a team with bergkamp, henry)

Tito tried Iniesta a few times as a LW, that didn't work either and if you try Messi as a GK that won't work either, not tomorrow and not in three years. not because he sucks but because GK is not his position.

something else
In all the tactics given here Messi is still the CF/false 9 but in that same post they claim barca needs to buy a new CF. why? To sit on the bench?
But if you buy a cf u need to decide what do with Messi.
Attacking midfielder? then u have to reorganize your midfield. In that case u need a double pivot but then u have to change your midfield completely?
RW? well then u definitely don't need Reus

a midfield with rafinha, Busquets, Iniesta, Cesc, Xavi, a world class midfielder and a cantera once in a while would be perfect. but u need to adapt tactics

I

instinct

Cesc bossed the 1st half of the season while we played more ''Tata-style''. He declined since we came back to the simple posession game. I think there has to be a relation though I don't know what was the fault in the last 2 seasons then.

JamDav1982

He's not a quicker thinker or a quick passer, though. His slowness comes from that, to me at least. He needs a bit more of space to think what he'll do. He always slows down the play.

If you have one of the top assist and goal records in europe over the past five years you are a quick thinker and intelligent player.

Personally I think Xavi slows the play down more and makes it more predictable.

Cesc may not move the ball as quickly as Xavi but Xavi moves it quickly to the side these days. Cesc tries to get into positions where he can hurt the opposition more than Xavi does and from there has less time on the ball but he is a more positive player in getting ball to forward players than Xavi.

F

Flavia

If you have one of the top assist and goal records in europe over the past five years you are a quick thinker and intelligent player.

Personally I think Xavi slows the play down more and makes it more predictable.

Cesc may not move the ball as quickly as Xavi but Xavi moves it quickly to the side these days. Cesc tries to get into positions where he can hurt the opposition more than Xavi does and from there has less time on the ball but he is a more positive player in getting ball to forward players than Xavi.

And what is xavi doing in your argument? Xavi is declining, the point is about Cesc. I didn't say he's dumb, just slow. When he has space and time to think what to do, he's brilliant. But space is hard to find playing for Barça. That won't happen against top teams. If cesc is to be a squad player, to play and rack up assists against weaker teams, fine by me. But I doubt it's fine by him.

Stric

At a time Barcelona are struggling to break down defences more than ever lets get rid of one of the best midfielders in the world at making the final pass.

There is more to a midfield than constant possession.

The Barca midfield needs to change.

This.

JamDav1982

And what is xavi doing in your argument? Xavi is declining, the point is about Cesc. I didn't say he's dumb, just slow. When he has space and time to think what to do, he's brilliant. But space is hard to find playing for Barça. That won't happen against top teams. If cesc is to be a squad player, to play and rack up assists against weaker teams, fine by me. But I doubt it's fine by him.

Xavi is in the argument because people are debating whether Cesc should be the man to replace him next season.

If Cesc is slowing the game down I assumed you meant now and in comparison to how Xavi operates. Maybe not.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wanna have a WC performance bet about him?

That won't prove much though. I have been following him since he played for Lyn(My home team) and at Chelsea as well and he is surely decent to good, but hardly brilliant or Barca quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans