Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Cesc Fabregas has played more minutes this season than both Xavi and Iniesta, so the argument he cannot get consistency because he is second choice does not hold water.

He is inconsistent because that is what he is. He was inconsistent at Arsenal when he was Captain and had all the trust in the world. He is an inconsistent player. This 3 season's running that his form has tanked the second half of the season. This is not a bleep. This is a trend. If you choose to ignore it, then so be it.

You obviously have never played sports. As a player, in any sport not just football, we you are continually played out of position and constantly having to adjust to different roles, you are going to be inconsistent. As far as that Arsenal dig, injuries rather than inconsistency was his problem. Whenever he was healthy, he was on fire. I really get sick of the revisionist history with Cesc just because he has been mismanaged. Not his fucking fault.

Considering being in his shoes. Do you think you would be able to consistently produce match changing performances when you don't know what position your playing, nor know what your role is in the team because you have two players in front of you, playing in your role, and your expected to just find the space and figure it out as a fucking forward. You think you could be consistent?

jamrock

cesc has not be given blah blah blah. yes its time for xavi to step down gracefully, has the legend that hangs on too long end up hurting the club.

but the fact that cesc has been average during his three seasons at the club, is no illusion its a fact, and this has been the case in whatever position he plays.

the cesc fans love to talk about his playing out of position, but how many games has iniesta played out of position under tito and tata to fit him in the midfield and he still hasn't played well consistently.

the fact is Cesc is a EPL midfielder, he doesn't have the tactical mind that midfielders on the continent have and that's why he has failed at barca and will continue to do so, for at least another season or two before maybe he finally learns.

should xavi be eased out yes, play him in mainly the bid games, is cesc the solution to our midfield needs NO. that guy way thiago. but hey he isn't here anymore

F

Flavia

My wish is that he is given a chance to establish himself. Then decide if he is good enough or not.

I think he's been giving plenty of chances. Just failed to take them. When Tata see them on training everyday, and still picks Xavi ahead of him, there's a reason for it. I wouldn't waste another season trying to fit Cesc. He needs space in the pitch to produce, and he won't find it playing for Barça. He's too slow.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I can accept criticism of Cesc but the "slow" thing really bugs me. He is faster than Xavi and Busquets, you don't notice because those two players never make forward runs. Also speed is not an important trait for that type of player...

Kroos is damn slow too. Slower than Cesc.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You obviously have never played sports. As a player, in any sport not just football, we you are continually played out of position and constantly having to adjust to different roles, you are going to be inconsistent. As far as that Arsenal dig, injuries rather than inconsistency was his problem. Whenever he was healthy, he was on fire. I really get sick of the revisionist history with Cesc just because he has been mismanaged. Not his fucking fault.

Considering being in his shoes. Do you think you would be able to consistently produce match changing performances when you don't know what position your playing, nor know what your role is in the team because you have two players in front of you, playing in your role, and your expected to just find the space and figure it out as a fucking forward. You think you could be consistent?

Firstly, good job on the baseless assumption. Not that it matters, but I did play both high school and college Baseball, so good job looking foolish. Secondly, Cesc's inconsistencies clearly do not stem from playing different positions, because he is clearly able to play them well at times, and terrible at others. Such disparities in performances are not conducive to the "he is switching positions" logic. The disparities speak of an inconsistent player.

On top of that, you also have evidence of form dips in second half of seasons. This evidence is across 3 separate seasons now, not only 1. This is also significant evidence that lends itself to characterizing the player as inconsistent.

Finally, there is no revisionist history going on here. Cesc showed his inconsistencies in Arsenal too. I never argued his merits when he played well. When he plays well, he is truly great. But even at Arsenal, and not conditioned to his injuries, he was an inconsistent player.

JamDav1982

I think he's been giving plenty of chances. Just failed to take them. When Tata see them on training everyday, and still picks Xavi ahead of him, there's a reason for it. I wouldn't waste another season trying to fit Cesc. He needs space in the pitch to produce, and he won't find it playing for Barça. He's too slow.

He has never been given a sustained run in the team alongside Iniesta to see if it would work.

If we are using the idea that the manager knows best and sees them on the training ground then that applies to everyone and we cannot moan about Alves, Masch, Pique etc.

It would be a huge thing for any Barca manager to bench Xavi and not as simple as just thinking Cesc looks better in training better get him in.

For me he has never been given a chance to show that he can take Xavis place in team.

jamrock

I can accept criticism of Cesc but the "slow" thing really bugs me. He is faster than Xavi and Busquets, you don't notice because those two players never make forward runs. Also speed is not an important trait for that type of player...

Kroos is damn slow too. Slower than Cesc.

maybe busquets is as slow as cesc, but the rest are certainly faster especially kroos.

cesc is the slowest midfielder i have seen in a while, and everyone seems to see this

JamDav1982

Firstly, good job on the baseless assumption. Not that it matters, but I did play both high school and college Baseball, so good job looking foolish. Secondly, Cesc's inconsistencies clearly do not stem from playing different positions, because he is clearly able to play them well at times, and terrible at others. Such disparities in performances are not conducive to the "he is switching positions" logic. The disparities speak of an inconsistent player.

On top of that, you also have evidence of form dips in second half of seasons. This evidence is across 3 separate seasons now, not only 1. This is also significant evidence that lends itself to characterizing the player as inconsistent.

Finally, there is no revisionist history going on here. Cesc showed his inconsistencies in Arsenal too. I never argued his merits when he played well. When he plays well, he is truly great. But even at Arsenal, and not conditioned to his injuries, he was an inconsistent player.

If you switch positions all the time it is hard to find consistency. Cesc this season has played with CM with Iniesta, CM with Xavi, wide left and false nine and did all the same at times last season.

Not only Cesc has suffered for it Iniesta has too. He has been very poor these past few months also.

Constantly moving positions and not feeling you have the 100% confidence of the manager all affects players.

Cesc could have walked out of Arsenal into any team in the world of his choosing and was one of the top performing players in the league. He was not inconsistent in any extreme way.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Cesc is slow but still quicker than Kroos, Busi and Xavi. Speed isn't important for that type of player anyway as I keep saying for the ten thousandth time but nobody seems to listen.

F

Flavia

Cesc is slow but still quicker than Kroos, Busi and Xavi. Speed isn't important for that type of player anyway as I keep saying for the ten thousandth time but nobody seems to listen.

He's not a quicker thinker or a quick passer, though. His slowness comes from that, to me at least. He needs a bit more of space to think what he'll do. He always slows down the play.

JamDav1982

Trying to prove that Cesc isn't slow while posting a video from 5 years ago ?

:lol:

By that logic , Pele could still score 70 goals per season these days.

Try finding a video with his outstanding speed from these days .

At a time Barcelona are struggling to break down defences more than ever lets get rid of one of the best midfielders in the world at making the final pass.

There is more to a midfield than constant possession.

The Barca midfield needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans