Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think Cesc can play CM what he cannot do is play beside Iniesta and Xavi. All three of them together are a nightmare.

The away game at Granada was one of the best midfield performances the team have put in over the last few months even though they could not find the back of the net and that was a midfield two of Cesc and Iniesta.

Cesc has never really been given the chance to prove he can play CM on a regular basis.

True. Cesc and Iniesta together haven't had an extended run of games.

JamDav1982

There's a reason he hasn't been given that responsibility. Apart from the fact he lacks certain necessary qualities like awareness, control and composure under pressure, and mobility specially off the ball, he also is an incredibly inconsistent player. He is capable of giving you masterful performances, but also incredible duds.

CM for Barcelona needs to be a constant and consistent presence. Much of the team's play depends on the play of both the CM and the CDM. Cesc is not an ideal player to run the midfield for this team, IMHO.

The biggest reason is that no one has the balls to drop Xavi and Iniesta and Cesc will always be dropped for them.

He played alongside Xavi on the opening game of the season and assisted four goals and next game dropped.

The possession that the team had against Granada was the highest of the season.

Cesc is blamed far too much for the failure of him Iniesta and Xavi to play together. In the majority of games Xavi and Iniesta have been just as bad bad all the anger gets vented at Cesc.

This team doesnt need another Xavi, for one they wont find one and two the style Xavis game is based on has in a lot of ways been worked out by other teams.

I am not saying Cesc is the answer but what I am saying is that in my opinion he has not been given a fair shot to show a midfield of him and Iniesta can work.

i_bleed_blaugrana

The biggest reason is that no one has the balls to drop Xavi and Iniesta and Cesc will always be dropped for them.

He played alongside Xavi on the opening game of the season and assisted four goals and next game dropped.

Cesc is blamed far too much for the failure of him Iniesta and Xavi to play together. In the majority of games Xavi and Iniesta have been just as bad bad all the anger gets vented at Cesc.

This team doesnt need another Xavi, for one they wont find one and two the style Xavis game is based on has in a lot of ways been worked out by other teams.

I am not saying Cesc is the answer but what I am saying is that in my opinion he has not been given a fair shot to show a midfield of him and Iniesta can work.

x1000000000000000000000000000000

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

If Cesc inspired more confidence and his playing form was more consistent, perhaps dropping Xavi would not be such a hard proposition. Him playing well is not the problem. When he plays well he plays really well. However he plays badly more often than is acceptable. That is the problem.

Cesc gets a lot of unfair criticism, but a lot of it is truly deserved. He is just not a consistent and dependable player. It is what it is.

If Barcelona go forward without reinforcing the midfield with a strong CM option, mark my words they will disappoint again next season.

JamDav1982

If Cesc inspired more confidence and his playing form was more consistent, perhaps dropping Xavi would not be such a hard proposition. Him playing well is not the problem. When he plays well he plays really well. However he plays badly more often than is acceptable. That is the problem.

Cesc gets a lot of unfair criticism, but a lot of it is truly deserved. He is just not a consistent and dependable player. It is what it is.

If Barcelona go forward without reinforcing the midfield with a strong CM option, mark my words they will disappoint again next season.

It is difficult for Cesc to get consistency as it is clear that he is not first choice and he will always be behind Xavi and Iniesta in the pecking order.

Listen to Iniesta and Xavi who point out how their careers changed when managers arrived that totally trusted them and gave them the platform to perform.

To me he looks an unhappy player that is always on edge, he doesnt play in a relaxed manner at all. He has never been given the trust or confidence to establish himself in that midfield.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm actually very confident that if Cesc started 20 games next season consistently as a CM, he would go beast mode. When has he ever had an extended time as CM before it was broken up with spells as a false 9? The answer is never.

I'm telling you, Cesc being the pace maker could actually help us evolve to be quicker and faster, something we need to be if we are going to breakdown defensive teams. I am not sure why people think he plays slower than Xavi but the tempo is noticibly faster when Cesc starts as a CM. Between him and Rafinha, I really hope we see a lot less of Xavi next season.

He was my favorite since Ronaldinho left but unfortunately he needs to pass the torch sooner rather than later.

All I am saying is lets give Cesc an actual shot to do what he came here to do: succeed Xavi. Then we can judge whether or not he is capable of being in this squad.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It is difficult for Cesc to get consistency as it is clear that he is not first choice and he will always be behind Xavi and Iniesta in the pecking order.

Listen to Iniesta and Xavi who point out how their careers changed when managers arrived that totally trusted them and gave them the platform to perform.

To me he looks an unhappy player that is always on edge, he doesnt play in a relaxed manner at all. He has never been given the trust or confidence to establish himself in that midfield.

Cesc Fabregas has played more minutes this season than both Xavi and Iniesta, so the argument he cannot get consistency because he is second choice does not hold water.

He is inconsistent because that is what he is. He was inconsistent at Arsenal when he was Captain and had all the trust in the world. He is an inconsistent player. This 3 season's running that his form has tanked the second half of the season. This is not a bleep. This is a trend. If you choose to ignore it, then so be it.

fcbdna

Banned
abGNBB7ahE.png

So this is what the team might look like if we keep Cesc. . . Fabregas however has no speed at all, I dare say Xavi is faster.

JamDav1982

Cesc Fabregas has played more minutes this season than both Xavi and Iniesta, so the argument he cannot get consistency because he is second choice does not hold water.

He is inconsistent because that is what he is. He was inconsistent at Arsenal when he was Captain and had all the trust in the world. He is an inconsistent player. This 3 season's running that his form has tanked the second half of the season. This is not a bleep. This is a trend. If you choose to ignore it, then so be it.

Cesc has played as a false nine and he has played in a midfield that has tried to force in Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta together that clearly doesnt work.

I am saying allow him to play as one of the midfield two and have proper wingers out wide and not have him swapping positions out left with Iniest that doesnt work or suit either of them.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Cesc has played as a false nine and he has played in a midfield that has tried to force in Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta together that clearly doesnt work.

I am saying allow him to play as one of the midfield two and have proper wingers out wide and not have him swapping positions out left with Iniest that doesnt work or suit either of them.

You'll probably get your wish, just remember we had this conversation.

Ursegor

World Champion
Poor Cesc. Iniesta moves to the wing where he doesn't want to be. Neymar moves to the right wing where he doesn't want to be. With Iniesta on the wing and Pedro and Alexis on the bench Messi loses off-the-ball runners for his throughballs and can't do shit with every defender collapsing on him. Poor Cesc. So misused.

JamDav1982

Poor Cesc. Iniesta moves to the wing where he doesn't want to be. Neymar moves to the right wing where he doesn't want to be. With Iniesta on the wing and Pedro and Alexis on the bench Messi loses off-the-ball runners for his throughballs and can't do shit with every defender collapsing on him. Poor Cesc. So misused.

Exactly, well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans