Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

I am worried that Hummels may be damaged goods and Dortmund are just trying to cash in.
Also we dont need Reus we need a proper striker and direct midfielder.

The most important thing is getting the right manger.

I think the 4 candidates are Koeman, De Boer, Valverde and Lucho.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They're just throwing all big names in there. Today I already read: Hummels, Luiz, Martinez, Vertonghen. The board has a lot of influence in Catalan papers so it could be a plot to reduce asking price for their real target. Also, names sell papers so it's a win-win for both sides.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I am worried that Hummels may be damaged goods and Dortmund are just trying to cash in.
Also we dont need Reus we need a proper striker and direct midfielder.

The most important thing is getting the right manger.

I think the 4 candidates are Koeman, De Boer, Valverde and Lucho.

We need Reus IF Alexis leaves.

Galning

They're just throwing all big names in there. Today I already read: Hummels, Luiz, Martinez, Vertonghen. The board has a lot of influence in Catalan papers so it could be a plot to reduce asking price for their real target. Also, names sell papers so it's a win-win for both sides.

Sport even linking us with Courtois again :lol: what?

Here's the front: http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/news/the-front-sport-25-4-2014/

Courtois & Javi Martinez..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Was thinking the same considering the club is already up against it in terms of a looming ban potentially inflating transfer prices

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lol do people want us to counter attack or what? Cesc doesn't suit our system because he doesn't suit any modern playing style that relies heavily on discipline, positional awareness, good decision making, quick thinking etc. etc. and that's pretty much every world class team at the moment and especially in the future. He was good at Arsenal because they play fun football, everyone just does whatever he likes and then they hope that all will go well, but they haven't won a title in 10 years.

Those claiming we should change our style to accommodate Cesc are basically also people who think we have to go back to horse and carriage when automobiles are flawed. The system needs to be tweaked but the progress we have made certainly can't be revoked in favour of football that was played decades ago and any football style that suits Fàbregas is revisionist unless he finally starts adapting instead of complaining he didn't get the system or whatever.

Great post.

L

linetty

Lol Courtois! I suppose Ter Stegen is going to pla for Barca B!
Courtois isnt reachable as he is chelski's player and we have already signed ter Stegen up.

I personally prefer Marc over Thibat. The latter doesnt appeal to me

Egert

Estonian Culé
The players i would like to see starting for barca next season....

marc andre ter stegn

Cuadrado. benatia. laporte(or pique,). Doria

kroos. busi(William carvalho,Martinez,matic)

messi

Reus. mandzukic. neymar

So I'd buy laporte,benatia(hummels is too slow,he doesn't get caught out much because Dortmund attack and defend together,and also the opposition team defenders are bullied into playing long balls,which is hummelss strength),and cuadrado is much more attackminded than alba and is better at dribbling 1 v 1,....i think its the right time to cash in on cesc....
Iniesta can rotate with kroos and Messi.rafinha can do the same with the wide players.its time for a revolution with the team and an evolution with the style of play.

Better rotate Mandzukic with Messi and let Iniesta play as CAM. Iniesta isn't great as CDM.

Crixus

Barcelona plan to add 7 new players to the first team sqaud: 2 goalkeepers, 2 centre backs, right back, midfielder, forward. [el esportiu]

jklz

Barcelona plan to add 7 new players to the first team sqaud: 2 goalkeepers, 2 centre backs, right back, midfielder, forward. [el esportiu]

Ara.cat reported the same and said that 3 of those signings are for a starter position. Specified that the midfielder had to be strong and the right back 'better in the air than Alves'. They also said that they will accept an offer on either Alexis or Pedro, because they feel like those two players are too similar in style.

Jägermeister

I won´t trust a single of these rumors till the actual window opens. Now that our ban has been suspended, all journalists just throw names around. I don´t know if they have nothing better to do or if it is what Bojan said. Either way most of it is probably bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans