Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Had hoped for someone with a bit more experience, but as long as we get a CB, I'm not complaining. Our very own Varane.

L

linetty

Good news indeed but we still need a more experienced one to be honest, someone like Benatia

Mascherano can go his way if we sign 2 CBs

ebieymjunior

Good news indeed but we still need a more experienced one to be honest, someone like Benatia

Mascherano can go his way if we sign 2 CBs

Mascherano is a very solid DM cover. With Edgar Ié coming up, it would have been much better to sign one experienced CB (like Thiago Silva - swap deal with Alves) and one RB and keep Mascherano one more year to cover both CB and DM. Then you get a solid back line with Silva, Pique, Bartra and Mascherano in CB.
Then the next season promote Ié and Samper for CB and DM.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Mascherano is a very solid DM cover. With Edgar Ié coming up, it would have been much better to sign one experienced CB (like Thiago Silva) and one RB and keep Mascherano one more year to cover both CB and DM. Then you get a solid back line with Silva, Pique, Bartra and Mascherano in CB.
Then the next promote Ié and Samper for CB and DM.

We already have a deal with Laporte :zubi:

ebc_99

How good is Laporte? I haven't seen much of Bilbao this season but I have heard great things.

Ideally we will sign 2 new centre backs and 1 defensive right back. I think the midfield is fine, but would like 1 new player there plus Rafinha coming back. Up front we need something, would love Reus but I am not sure how he would fit in.

Once we get the defence sorted out teams will have to attack more against us to score which in theory will give more space to our midfield and attack. Right now it does not take much to score against us, with a top class defense we can move ahead of all the other teams.

ebieymjunior

How good is Laporte? I haven't seen much of Bilbao this season but I have heard great things.

Ideally we will sign 2 new centre backs and 1 defensive right back. I think the midfield is fine, but would like 1 new player there plus Rafinha coming back. Up front we need something, would love Reus but I am not sure how he would fit in.

Once we get the defence sorted out teams will have to attack more against us to score which in theory will give more space to our midfield and attack. Right now it does not take much to score against us, with a top class defense we can move ahead of all the other teams.

Haven't seen him much either, but I think he's quite good. The only problem is Edgar Ié is also really good and there's also Mascherano who can cover both CB and DM. So if they get 2 CBs it wouldn't be really good for the youngster, unless they can use one of the purchased CBs in RB, which means they don't have to sign a RB, but they'll have to sign a DM => Samper won't be able to make the squad any time soon.

Last edited:
I

instinct

Haven't seen him much either, but I think he's quite good. The only problem is Edgar Ié is also really good and there's also Mascherano who can cover both CB and DM. So if they get 2 CBs it wouldn't be really good for the youngster, unless they can use one of the purchased CBs in RB (which means they don't have to sign a RB).

I think this wouldn't be a big problem since the youngsters like Edgar should only play Cup games. We can give our starters their needed breaks with the youngster in the squad.

ebieymjunior

I think this wouldn't be a big problem since the youngsters like Edgar should only play Cup games. We can give our starters their needed breaks with the youngster in the squad.

I don't mean for next year, seeing they would still be playing with the B team. The issue is they'll have to be promoted sometime soon enough. If they buy 2 CBs, next season they'll have Pique, Bartra, CB 1, CB 2, which is the maximum a team needs, and is perfect for that season. They'll also need to buy another DM (Mascherano won't stay to play backup DM ONLY), not a problem for that season either.
The next seasons however, ideally you'd want to promote both Ié and Samper, but there won't be too much space in the squad, and they'll have to be loaned out, which is not always the best idea for La Masia players.

If however they only buy ONE CB (someone with a lot of experience, who can also teach things to the younger ones like Bartra and later Ié), Mascherano is guaranteed a to have a lot more minutes in both CB and DM next season, so there are essentially 4 CB and 2 DMs (and if somehow both Busquets and Mascherano are injured, they can call Samper up), which are the ideal numbers for the squad. And the next seasons Mascherano can leave and Ié and Samper can take him places at CB and DM respectively.

fcbdna

Banned
Anyone think buying Micah Richards as a RB (back up) would be a good idea. . . Heis fast as F**k and can bully his way in against parked buses, Has a decent height on him too.

Alarcón

Laporte is one of the biggest talents at CB but the thing I'm worried about is that his transfer would mean that we wouldn't get another great CB. Laporte is only 19 after all and what we need is someone who reinforces the defense right now, not in a couple of years.

ebieymjunior

Is that a joke? He is a freaking tank! Only problem is his injury issues this season.

Should rephrase that: With Alba (and Adriano) always bombing forward, is he willing to remain in defense?

Laporte is one of the biggest talents at CB but the thing I'm worried about is that his transfer would mean that we wouldn't get another great CB. Laporte is only 19 after all and what we need is someone who reinforces the defense right now, not in a couple of years.

Agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans