Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
There's a reason why they call him EL LOCO... Hiring Bielsa is like draving a car with 180 km in the forest. You can avoid the trees for a short while, but sooner or later you will crash in one. He is like a crazy version of Tata.

+1 Disciple of El Loco = Good coaches having attacking and pressing mentality
El Loco himself = You are just as Loco as him to hire him in the first place

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I suppose the apprehension some of us have when it comes to Lucho, mostly stems from his horror show stint at Rome. About his time at Celta, sure they have been playing some neat football once in a while, and of course it seems like he's developing Rafinha nicely, just as he did admirably well with our youngsters at Barca B, but that should hardly be the be all and end all when it comes to him being Barca manager or not.

I'd wager that most people who want Lucho for coach, dreams of the return of the prodigal son, hoping that he'd turn into another Pep or Simeone - a popular former hero who knows the values and spirit of his former club returning to guide those who used to idolize him to victory. It sounds mighty dandy and all, but if I have to be pragmatic about this whole deal, I honestly don't think he's shown enough to warrant what is probably one of the hottest manager seats in world football. Not yet, at least...

Me neither and lest we forget there were rumours last summer that while Lucho was near the top of the list for coaches to take over for the now dearly departed Tito, that the captains of the team shot the Lucho option down - there was talk of him not having the right temperament to coach this team...That's on top of the tactical issues that cropped up both at Roma and at times with the B team that wasn't as smooth as Pep's version either

Valverde has to be on any short list

Barcilliant

Yup the alternates to Tata aren't anywhere near what we need. Tata may be a unknown in Europe but he was one of the best South American coaches so its not like he doesn't have pedigree plus this whole not utilizing youth BS he trusts the youth he used them excessively at Newells plus he is a El Loco disciple. You guys wanted him to use the kids when our team was struggling and the media was putting a noose around his neck. Plus tell me the number of consecutive matches in which he had the full strength squad at his disposal I assure you its not gonna go past 5. He has done well in his time here with a damaged squad begging for reinforcements with 2 rivals that have significantly strengthened themselves. You bring Pep or who ever the hell you want in the same circumstances as Tata and they wont do anything better

Thank you. Wise words indeed. People are beginning to realise that Tata is not some muppet but a manager who has had to deal with a lots of injuries, off field issues, media and fan pressure PLUS he has a limited squad.

Me neither and lest we forget there were rumours last summer that while Lucho was near the top of the list for coaches to take over for the now dearly departed Tito, that the captains of the team shot the Lucho option down - there was talk of him not having the right temperament to coach this team...That's on top of the tactical issues that cropped up both at Roma and at times with the B team that wasn't as smooth as Pep's version either

Valverde has to be on any short list

Valverde is like Unai Emery. He has tactical knowledge but zero charisma and leadership.

Can you really see Lucho go head to head against the likes of Ancelotti, Mou, Pep, Klopp, Simeone, etc.. tactically? Because I can't.

It would be painful. Lucho would be way out of his depth and we would look stupid.

The biggest problem are the board. Why are the socis paralysed. They should be demanding elections NOW.

This board has no clue. Hiring Lucho would just be a kneejerk reaction-nothing else.

Behrox

It would be painful. Lucho would be way out of his depth and we would look stupid.

The biggest problem are the board. Why are the socis paralysed. They should be demanding elections NOW.

This board has no clue. Hiring Lucho would just be a kneejerk reaction-nothing else.

Plus Lucho is still underachieving with a Celta side considerably better than at least 4 teams currently above them. Hell Rayo was probably the weakest team that currently sits on the top half of the table at 9th

ebc_99

I don't understand the choices the board have made, it almost like they are Real Madrid fans. We are a top class defence away from being the best team in Europe again, they need to get their finger out this summer and make sure they get what we need. If they bring in a new coach it has to be a top class proven one with pedigree at this level.

Behrox

I don't understand the choices the board have made, it almost like they are Real Madrid fans. We are a top class defence away from being the best team in Europe again, they need to get their finger out this summer and make sure they get what we need. If they bring in a new coach it has to be a top class proven one with pedigree at this level.
It'll be a blessing if they sign a defender not named David Luiz let alone a WC coach the best they would do would be another Luiz

Egert

Estonian Culé
And then Lucho comes and says he trusts Masche,Bartra and Pique in defense and we don't need anyone.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
It'll be a blessing if they sign a defender not named David Luiz let alone a WC coach the best they would do would be another Luiz

I don't think it's going to be Luiz, he has establish himself as DM at Chelsea and I don't think that Chelsea even wants to sell him.

jamrock

i want rudi garcia if not him, then I don't know who. maybe try to get another big coach out of his contract at his club

lucho won't be bad, he is doing well at celta, roma was a buss for him, but such is life. and his barca B has been the best in years.

better than pep.

but as i said we wont move forward unless we first get rid of the board

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sources close to Athletic centre back Laporte don't deny contacts with Barcelona, but say that it's up to the clubs to reach a deal. [elesp]

* take with a pinch of salt ofc.

SeloBarca

Barca board:
Buying a half decent player that speaks Spanish > Buying a world class player that has to learn Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans