Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

Barcelona monitor situation of Mallorca (2nd div) winger Marco Asensio (18). Buyout 4M. Madrid, Valencia, Roma, City also interested. [md]

B

beautifulgame

if a team is willing to take him then munir should go out on loan. he has some talent and it is time to be tested at this age.

B

beautifulgame

he could but if a primera team is willing to take him then i'd send him over.

Barcilliant

he could but if a primera team is willing to take him then i'd send him over.

I agree. I'm sure a Primera team would be happy to take Munir and Adama. I think those 2 are good enough to make the step up. No use them wasting their time with the B Team. Denis Suarez is another who could do with a loan or first team action.

The Bojan saga really seems to have put the shits into the Barca thinktank. Nowadays any young player is brought along at a snails pace. While I can understand not rushing the player-there are a few situations where the player is exceptional enough to warrant special consideration.

B

beautifulgame

I agree. I'm sure a Primera team would be happy to take Munir and Adama. I think those 2 are good enough to make the step up. No use them wasting their time with the B Team. Denis Suarez is another who could do with a loan or first team action.

The Bojan saga really seems to have put the shits into the Barca thinktank. Nowadays any young player is brought along at a snails pace. While I can understand not rushing the player-there are a few situations where the player is exceptional enough to warrant special consideration.

^

L

Learo

Not really. I dont think any serious person believe that Bojan is mediocre because he played too much first team football at 18. Messi, Iniesta and Xavi all played quite alot at that age, and Cesc played as a regular. And lets not forget players like Gai Assulin, Fran Merida, Albert Botia and countless others who were supposed to be the new big thing, but failed as well, even if they didnt play much before 20.

The reason Bojan failed is the reason that 90% of youth players fail to live up to the hype. There is nothing automatic about players progressing from youth quality to first team quality. It is in fact the exception, not the rule. Bojan was always short, he was never a dribbler, he was never fast. If he had played as little as Gai Assulin did for the first team, he would still not be any faster or taller today, and quite frankly he would still be a failure.

Last edited:

Kohe321

Now that Alves seems to be leaving for PSG, us getting Cuadrado seems even more likely. He might become a better attacking back then what Alves is right now, so he might prove to be an upgrade in that sense, but shouldn't we rather look for a more defensively robust RB and leave the attacking duties to Alba on the left side? Perhaps on paper this seems most reasonable, but it's not unthinkable that it could also work with Cuadrado.

After all, it is possible that he could become a very good all-round back like Alba after getting lots of training and experience in the position, and if Luis Enrique can tactically set it up so only one of them go forward at a time and one stay back to cover defence, it might prove to be stable enough for our defence. Having two backs that are both very good at going forward will make us less predictable than with only one, and this leaves us with more options and attacking variables - something that is really valuable against other top teams.

I would never have thought that Alba would become as sharp defensively as he has become, coming from such an attacking background and all, but he has really stepped up his defensive game this season to a high level in my opinion, and provided cover for the CBs and saved us many times. So if the defensive tactics are done right, and given that Cuadrado has the potential to become Alba-ish on the right side, I think this could work out well.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Manchester City have valued Argentine forward Sergio Aguero (25), who has been linked to Barcelona, at 70M. [tv3 via sport]

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans