Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomar1o

Now that Alves seems to be leaving for PSG, us getting Cuadrado seems even more likely. He might become a better attacking back then what Alves is right now, so he might prove to be an upgrade in that sense, but shouldn't we rather look for a more defensively robust RB and leave the attacking duties to Alba on the left side? Perhaps on paper this seems most reasonable, but it's not unthinkable that it could also work with Cuadrado.

After all, it is possible that he could become a very good all-round back like Alba after getting lots of training and experience in the position, and if Luis Enrique can tactically set it up so only one of them go forward at a time and one stay back to cover defence, it might prove to be stable enough for our defence. Having two backs that are both very good at going forward will make us less predictable than with only one, and this leaves us with more options and attacking variables - something that is really valuable against other top teams.

I would never have thought that Alba would become as sharp defensively as he has become, coming from such an attacking background and all, but he has really stepped up his defensive game this season to a high level in my opinion, and provided cover for the CBs and saved us many times. So if the defensive tactics are done right, and given that Cuadrado has the potential to become Alba-ish on the right side, I think this could work out well.

alba has always been very good defensively, ever since his valencia days, he was a beast of a defender and an attacker. cuadrado is 25, and will turn 26 in a couple of weeks, he won't suddenly learn how to defend if he couldn't even properly do it in turtle league serie a. cuadrado is the worst choice as a rb

L

linetty

Luis Enrique, expected to become the next Barcelona coach, wants the club to sign at least two centre backs and a centre forward. [sport]

EternTito

I can see Cuadrado coming in if Alexis leaves, but he won't be coming here to play at right back...

I would like to see Montoya given the responsibility of replacing Alves.

L

linetty

SPORT says we are in for Miranda, who is valued at 20M and Atleti are arleady looking for a replacement.

L

linetty

Barcelona willing to pay 15M for centre back Inigo Martinez, but Sociedad want 30M buyout fee. David Luiz and Miranda other options. [marca]

Crixus

JK our signing according to sport for this year .
BnNxbeXCUAElY-b.jpg

hardyboy

Liverpool and Manchester United are interested in signing Alex Song who is receptive of the interest from both clubs.

Sell him to ManU for 20-25m. If they can pay 28m for fellaini then they can surely pay 20-25m for song..

Trickykid

Liverpool and Manchester United are interested in signing Alex Song who is receptive of the interest from both clubs.

Sell him to ManU for 20-25m. If they can pay 28m for fellaini then they can surely pay 20-25m for song..

I'll be seriously surprised if we manage to fetch more than 10-12m for him. He'll need to go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans