Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Kaiser

David Luiz is such a Barca-type transfer... fuck this. There´s like 10 Benatia-type of overlooked centre backs out there but we must go for the EPL garbage instead.

BarçAjax8

Honestly Montoya needs to be given a string of matches. Even if he plays the rest of this season it will be too little to judge him because our defense is shit anyway. People will just throw blame on him for the miles of space he'll be forced to cover.

If we get 2 CBs one should be an immediate partner to Pique/Bartra and the other should be able to play LB (a la Abidal). With 3 solid defenders in the back I believe Montoya has the skills to be a solid RB. In the matches he's played the last 2 years he has shown he is completely educated in the Barcelona way of playing. His hesitancy in key moments is down to lack of playing time which leads to lack of confidence. Look at Bartra last seaon and look at him now. He marks his territory and stands his ground and has shown he's apart of this team.

My wish list is Mangala/Laporte as CB, Balanta/Martins-Indi/Juan Jesus as LB/CB, CM - Oliver Torres, FW - is tough because a quality finisher is going to be expensive (Suarez/Aguero depending on funds from sales).

Oier, Alves, Song, Cesc, JDS, Afellay, Tello, Alexis, Cuenca, Bojan should going out the other way. Neither Cesc or Alexis can replace Xavi/Iniesta or Pedro/Neymar so it'd would be better to sell them on and give our up-coming youth a chance to break into the first team.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
David Luiz is such a Barca-type transfer... fuck this. There´s like 10 Benatia-type of overlooked centre backs out there but we must go for the EPL garbage instead.

Yeah take for example Dortmund's Papasthopoulos, he was unknown when they signed him last summer, but he's shown to be a great player.

We should hire Dortmund and Porto's scouts.

L

Learo

I dont think it is about scouts tbh. We flop on the transfer market every time. We have bought close to 35 players, excluding former la masia products, in the last 6-7 years, and the only one who has increased in value after joining us is Dani Alves.

Der Kaiser

Yeah take for example Dortmund's Papasthopoulos, he was unknown when they signed him last summer, but he's shown to be a great player.

We should hire Dortmund and Porto's scouts.

Sokratis has been immense, bought for only 10m and totally covering Subotic´s injury. And he wasnt even THAT unknown, everybody who watches Bundesliga knew he was a class defender. I just dont get what our scouts get paid to do. I mean guys like Alexis, Neymar, Luiz... is that really all they come up with after 12 months of watching players?

Kohe321

I dont think it is about scouts tbh. We flop on the transfer market every time. We have bought close to 35 players, excluding former la masia products, in the last 6-7 years, and the only one who has increased in value after joining us is Dani Alves.

Barcelona isn't really a "selling" club, though, even if we like to lable ourself as one. Players will very rarely be sold with a profit from us because when we first have to sell someone, it's almost always because we don't need them anymore, thus it's mostly just a question of off-loading players from the squad to make room for new ones. The buyers know this, and as a result we have very little power when it comes to pushing the price up on 90% of the players we end up selling. It's completely different to how a smaller club with a talented prospect of a player can milk the transferwindow when several big clubs come knocking and start competing for his signature.

The fact that Barcelona has been somewhat poor at buying players is no secret though, but that's really a separate thing. However, on the case of David Luiz, I think he can prove to work well as a defender at Barca if he can bring out the same level of focus and determination as he did in the Confederations Cup. He's a great player, and he's a HUGE step up from Masch as a CB - that much is certain. Mascherano should be moved up to DM, he's awesome in that position. :barca scarf:

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
:rofl1:

Board has been in touch with Courtois, Cuadrado, Hazard. Zubizarreta and Luis Enrique will have to decide if they'll use these contacts [md]

Ridiculous.

L

Learo

Barcelona isn't really a "selling" club, though, even if we like to lable ourself as one. Players will very rarely be sold with a profit from us because when we first have to sell someone, it's almost always because we don't need them anymore, thus it's mostly just a question of off-loading players from the squad to make room for new ones. The buyers know this, and as a result we have very little power when it comes to pushing the price up on 90% of the players we end up selling. It's completely different to how a smaller club with a talented prospect of a player can milk the transferwindow when several big clubs come knocking and start competing for his signature.

The fact that Barcelona has been somewhat poor at buying players is no secret though, but that's really a separate thing. However, on the case of David Luiz, I think he can prove to work well as a defender at Barca if he can bring out the same level of focus and determination as he did in the Confederations Cup. He's a great player, and he's a HUGE step up from Masch as a CB - that much is certain. Mascherano should be moved up to DM, he's awesome in that position. :barca scarf:

You misunderstand.

When I say "increased in value", I dont mean selling price. I mean his value after he has signed for us. Name one player other than Dani Alves of the 35 non-la masia players we have bought over the last 6-7 years that increased in value with us. The flops and poor purchases are just endless. No other clubs have this track record. It is appalling. And it transcends the current board. It goes way back. We have bought dozens of players for half a BILLION euros over the last years, and the only non-la masia player that has commanded a starting spot for more than a couple of seasons during all these years is Dani Alves. And he cost us 36m euros in 2008! Probably around 45m euros in today's money. Hardly a bargain by some genius on the transfer market.

Every time we buy players, we end up benching or selling them off after a season or two, depending on how expensive he is (more playing time the more expensive he is). The only exception in the last few years have been Dani Alves.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You misunderstand.

When I say "increased in value", I dont mean selling price. I mean his value after he has signed for us. Name one player other than Dani Alves of the 35 non-la masia players we have bought over the last 6-7 years that increased in value with us.

Abidal? Keita? Henry? Yaya? Masch?

These guys have/did quite a good job for us.

L

Learo

Abidal? Keita? Henry? Yaya? Masch?

These guys have/did quite a good job for us.

Abidal and Yaya were bought in 2007! The others you mention did not improve in value/performance after they were bought by us. 2007 is 7 freakin' years ago! In the meantime, we have pissed away hundreds of millions on dozens of players, none of which have been able to hold a starting spot for more than a year or two, except former la masia players. Its outrageous.

Last edited:

onzeXI

I hope we dont end up overpaying for Luiz. Anything over 30m is overpaying for him IMHO.

That's about 6-8 mil more than he's worth, but Barca will probably pay close to your number.

Isn't Falcao playing out of position , on the wing for PSG ?

Can't we get him in part ex deal for Alves ??

You got the team wrong and the position wrong. Other than that .... Cavani is playing out of position on the wing for PSG.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Although I'm probably a bit late on this. I heard we signed 16 yr old Pelayo Suarez, one of Spain's top centerback prospects, from Sporting Gijon.

pelayo_suarez.JPG

Pelayo+Suarez+U16+International+England+v+ICXXsNFwtQsl.jpg

He has that Puyol hairstyle, I hope he makes it here big time.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Best this board is kicked out. I thought there was a movement to gather votes for a no confidence motion.
What happened to that?

If Zubi is given a 100 million kitty its a guaranteed clusterfuck.

He will be paying millions to the parents of the players.

Come on socis kick this board out!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans