Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

:lol: Yea, but he knows the players and he is also from Spain, and, no matter what some think, he is still a bloody good player. And he'll probably accept he's not gonna be a starter every game. The problem is the price.

Not only his transfer fee, also his wages. It'd be a bad move. Better go for Soriano.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Firstly as you said, the price. Secondly his wages, thirdly, his ability. Lastly, Torres might have not been good for some time, but he most likely still has ambitions and there are surely clubs like Inter, Monaco who might be interested and would give him a starting spot.

That Bartra part was me overreacting lol, but I'd rather get someone like J. Soriano for example who Luis Enrique knows and would cost much less in fee and wages and maybe also accept a lesser role just to play here. J Soriano is ofc a risk since he has not played in a big leage for a big team yet, but it's low risk, possibly high reward while Torres is high risk, low reward from what I see it.

kollegah

And you know this how?

here is my post from last year

ok guys the following statements are not by me, i got a dude in spain whos has contacts to several people close to barca
heres what he told me (i dont guarantee theyre real, but seems logical to me)

-David Luiz is no option for barca too "attack" minded, too expensive
-theres no list of options as published by different newspapers
-barca still looking for "the" cb, new coach apparently prefers someone from southamerica or seria A (italia)
-staff prefers someone with a name, vilanova was obsessed with thiago silva, but never ruled out other options, never mentioned adriano at cb
-only option from england is daniel Agger, but barca wont overpay that much, a number about max 29mil. floating
-tata impressed by marc bartra, highly possible he will increase his playing time

serghei

Not only his transfer fee, also his wages. It'd be a bad move. Better go for Soriano.

You expect Soriano to come in and bail us out when we meet tight defences? I don't. There's no point in buying a ST unless he adds something we lack at the moment. If the price is around 20m, I believe we should go for Torres. And I bet he'll agree to take a paycut, if the Atletico M. rumors are true, I don't see how he'll get those huge wages there.

Last edited:

DonAK

Do you expect Torres to bail us out if we meet tight defences? He can't even do that in heaps of spaces.

F

Flavia

You expect Soriano to come in and bail us out when we meet tight defences? I don't. There's no point in buying a ST unless he adds something we lack at the moment. If the price is around 20m, I believe we should go for Torres.

I doubt Torres would be the answer either. Soriano would at least be really cheap. Torres would be another expensive failed transfer.

serghei

Firstly as you said, the price. Secondly his wages, thirdly, his ability. Lastly, Torres might have not been good for some time, but he most likely still has ambitions and there are surely clubs like Inter, Monaco who might be interested and would give him a starting spot.

That Bartra part was me overreacting lol, but I'd rather get someone like J. Soriano for example who Luis Enrique knows and would cost much less in fee and wages and maybe also accept a lesser role just to play here. J Soriano is ofc a risk since he has not played in a big leage for a big team yet, but it's low risk, possibly high reward while Torres is high risk, low reward from what I see it.

His ability is quite underrated. Scored a goal in the CL semis, been Chelsea's best player in both games against Atletico. He is someone who could make a difference in tight games, unlike Soriano who hasn't even played on the big stage of football until now.

DonAK

One thing is rumours, the other thing is consistent rumours, the third thing is consistent rumours from both the countries where the player plays and the club is from.

I have no doubt that we want to buy Luiz, we tried last year as well, albeit with low bids.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
One thing is rumours, the other thing is consistent rumours, the third thing is consistent rumours from both the countries where the player plays and the club is from.

I have no doubt that we want to buy Luiz, we tried last year as well, albeit with low bids.

Yeah but there were also consistent rumours that Rooney is going to Chelsea or that Thiago is going to United.

DonAK

Yeah but there were also consistent rumours that Rooney is going to Chelsea or that Thiago is going to United.

Well, Chelsea had two bids rejected for Rooney right? You're right about Thiago, but I for one still think that he held talks with Man Utd before Bayern came in to the picture.

ceefoo

Unless Lucho is going to revolutionize our way of playing completely, there's not room for someone like Costa. If he really wants a striker, I'm guessing it'll be some sort of plan-b striker, in which case we're not going to fork out 40M for one.
THIS! We're not going to pay €40m on a Striker to sit on the bench.

For a striker my dream would be Wilf Bony.
Good shout! I was tipping him last summer when we were being linked with Fernando "F***ING" Torres.

Besides if Song leaves we need to have one token black guy.
:lol:

El Maestro ‏@ElMaestrofcb 47s
Zubizaretta is more dangerous with a cheque book than a drugged monkey with razor in his hands
More dangerous than leaving David Luiz as last man.... :eusa_think: maybe not.

@LuchoStuff
David Luiz is awaiting the green light from Luis Enrique, who has doubts about the defender [the times]
traffic-light-red.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans