Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazp

Disappointing. Navas better than both.

"Real Sociedad keeper Bravo is at this moment ahead of Navas (Levante) and Caballero (Malaga) as second keeper Barcelona want to sign. [md]"

onzeXI

Well its hard to associate PSG with common sense when they just went and payed a fortune for sideshow Bob. Just saying...

Luiz could be a success in France. It's not like Ligue 1 is blessed with a plethora of quality attackers or teams that press and play high octane offense. Champions League will be a different story. But all that matters is that he won't have a locker in Camp Nou.

L

Learo

Nothing is more important for a CB pair than common understanding and Luiz and Silva play together on the NT, so I think it could be a really good pair.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The thing that gives me hope is that, despite the board and Zubi being clueless in prior windows, this time they have to buy well to keep their jobs. And not just that, they have Luis Enrique this time, who's awesome at getting good players (i.e. Pjanic, Lamela, Osvaldo (before he went thug mode)) who can contribute.

abual3bed1

I'd like to congratulate each and every one on this forum, as for the 1st time in a couple of years, the David Luiz news will stop forever. Finally.

BarçAjax8

It was explained 1000s of times that problem in all lines is linked with problems in all other lines of our team.
Defense:
-- Benatia or 2 CBs won't solve the problem if the midfield and attack won't press and cover
Midfield:
-- they don't run, create, play 1-2s, triangles, they don't press
-- but again, even if they will run, they still also need attacking line to press and run in the defensive actions, but also attackers need to run better, move better and score better in attacking actions
Attack:
-- again, they are crap currently
-- they need to score and move more
-- but also they need a better midfield than the one from the current Season
-- plus, they need a defense to concede less Goals than this Season

So, everything is connected. A world class CB or a world class RB won't solve any problems if there are no changes in the approach, tactics, discipline, running in ALL lines.

This is why it is more or less irrelevant if our RB will be Abidal or Dani Alves type. It could work in both ways, but it could be a disaster in both ways also, if other lines of our team won't work as they should.

Personally I wouldn't like a defensive RB as Bartra knowing that we currently still have "only" Messi who is playing like a 80 year old lately, Neymar who can't score, and Alexis who probably had a lucky Season. So, until we buy some different players in the midfield/attack, I wouldn't go with a defensive RB.
he could help in the defense, but I can see hundreds of new matches like against Elche and Atletico with 3 shots in the whole match (when our RB will be even less dangerous in attacking actions than the current one).

"A normal" RB would be the best. A guy who is good both in the attack to link with attackers and who is good defensively.
And then Enrique has to work with them and learn them that only one can go in the attack at the time.

Why limiting ourselves from the beginning with a Bartra type of a RB.
I would rather play Montoya, whom I don't rate too much, then any defensive minded RB.

+1
I agree 100%
I just watched a match a few weeks ago from our 11/12 season where we played a 3-4-3 and our back 3 was Alves - Mascherano - Abidal. Not a very "defensive" back-line but we won the match 5-0. Why? Because Pep had us playing like a complete unit.

Buying a player as a "quick fix" won't help but we do need the right players to carry out our playing style. In that case I feel we're moving in the right direction with a new manager who knows our team and giving him the opportunity to buy the players to carry out his vision.

On top of that is looks like PSG have sewn up David Luis :party1:
Glad we didn't waste 50 million Euros on him!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Well said bbz8800. Guys on here think this is fifa and everything is fixed by buying some physical players.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Well today is Saturday, and sorry to be pessimistic but either nothing will happen or it will be a shit signing like backup to ter Stegen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans