Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
But his agent could've met with City and Bayern as well. Do you know if there are rumors about that?

I only know there's interest by those clubs. Don't know if his agent has met with them, but there are multiple reports of them having met with Barca.

IMO, and again this is all speculation from me, just opinion, Barca might appeal more to Benatia then the others. Barca will pay him more than Roma, and certainly equal or more than Bayern and maybe equal or thereabouts than City. Barca is also closer to both Morocco and France, so that might appeal to Benatia more. On top, Barcelona even now is without a doubt a more prestigious team than both Bayern and City.

Trickykid

I only know there's interest by those clubs. Don't know if his agent has met with them, but there are multiple reports of them having met with Barca.

IMO, and again this is all speculation from me, just opinion, Barca might appeal more to Benatia then the others. Barca will pay him more than Roma, and certainly equal or more than Bayern and maybe equal or thereabouts than City. Barca is also closer to both Morocco and France, so that might appeal to Benatia more. On top, Barcelona even now is without a doubt a more prestigious team than both Bayern and City.

There's always the Pep-factor, though.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Better climate as well :pep:

And who doesnt love to live close to the beach :pep:

True and true :pep:

There's always the Pep-factor, though.

True also, but how much pull would Pep have on Benatia? Don't know how much would that tip the balance.

We also don't know the level of interest from Bayern/Pep. We know there is interest, but how much?

Last edited:
I

instinct

Since there are more rumours linking him more to us than to Bayern and City you could think that we are close to sign him but regarding the Luiz-saga there is everything possible. It is very much possible that his agent has already met with Bayern and/or City and we don't know about it. Like DonAK said it's all open which makes it vital to put all the effort into his signing because he is the last actual good CB on the market and I could easily live without a bidding war between us and, regarding the finanical aspect, much more healthier clubs.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Benatia, Marquinhos, Koke, and a striker. Then we are done

Don't agree. What about Song, good player and seems like a great guy but doesn't really fit our system and his defending is awful. Pedro is another player we have to make a decision about, he also might want out since he doesn't get many minutes - but the bottom-line (yes, even if the tactics are screwed up) is that he has been pretty much useless for the past 3 seasons now, even for a backup. Cesc and Sanchez are also players I could think about selling and bringing in somebody else. And Alves? Maybe it would be for the best if he left, but he could also thrive under a new coach and tactics - he could give us 2 more seasons if he focuses 10-20% more on defending and stops with the useless crosses.
There is of course no way we will sell all those players and bring in new ones. But Song and probably Pedro should leave imo. Masch is yet another question mark, should we keep him as DM backup and extra CB backup? Not sure. Montaya? Also not sure he could even be our backup RB.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is gonna be a great transfer window. Exciting. Atleast this time we're looking to sign a few players rather than chase one player blindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans