Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pEllee

So even the old man Alex benched Marquinhos last season and now they payed 50 mln for a new CB.That should mean something about Marquinhos quality...

Not really. Marquinhos was excellent early on when he was partnered with Alex. He just hasn't been playing much lately because him and Silva together never really looked convincing. The partnership was a bit lightweight and it lacked aggression.

Also, yes Alex outperformed him but there's no shame in that. He's a very underrated defender

ss81bja

A serious question..no sarcasm......why are were going after Marquinhos a young CB with little European experience rumoured at a $40m price? We need 2CB, a world class experienced one and a young hopefully inexpensive one. Is 40m the best we can get for a young CB?

Last edited:

ivan_barca

Not really. Marquinhos was excellent early on when he was partnered with Alex. He just hasn't been playing much lately because him and Silva together never really looked convincing. The partnership was a bit lightweight and it lacked aggression.

Also, yes Alex outperformed him but there's no shame in that. He's a very underrated defender

Underrated for 40 mln?Wow

I

instinct

I wonder wether it's better to buy a 20 year old defender who plays at PSG and was a regular starter in Rome or to buy a 19-year old defender who only played at Bilbao but was a regular starter and performed very well.

I do not want to offend anyone who prefers Marcos or Laporte but I just wonder which player is the better decision.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder wether it's better to buy a 20 year old defender who plays at PSG and was a regular starter in Rome or to buy a 19-year old defender who only played at Bilbao but was a regular starter and performed very well.

I do not want to offend anyone who prefers Marcos or Laporte but I just wonder which player is the better decision.

If they both would cost the same then Laporte all the way. Taller, arguably stronger, left footed, better in aerial duels, has played in La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans