Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

This board has absolutely no muscle or business sense. They are laughing stocks in the sporting world when it comes to transfers, that's why we still overpay and give away our players without profiting much. Sad.

Bertus

It's not a rumor anymore guys, from Le_Parisien paper version that is published this monday:

- Barcelona offered 30M+Alves to get Marquinhos.

And it doesnt sound like Nasser is ok with it, seems that he asks for more_money+alves :beer2:

Bertus

Barcelona prefer PSG centre back Marquinhos (20) to Roma centre back Mehdi Benatia (27) because of age and better passing game. [md]

No no no no no no no no Lucho no u23 fetish pls we need Benatia.

MD is full of shit, because the mistakes marquinhos did so far last season are almost all related to his poor passing. Like against St Etienne for example.

To the point where he got so scared to fail that he was almost only doing passes of 3 meters maximum to TS only, with Blanc getting mad because he wanted him to do long passes instead.

It doesnt mean he can't improve and it doesnt mean he didn't do very good overall. But his passing last season was poor, really.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Why are we paying so much for marq? he didnt set ligue one on.fire. If we wanted him so much we should have paid 30 mil last season. Thats what Roma wanted. Direct swap for Alves is ok. My feeling is Marq is a dud and will be another Chiggy.

This board is a disgrace. Id rather Bagnack and Ie promoted to the first team.

xxxxxx

Barcelona prefer PSG centre back Marquinhos (20) to Roma centre back Mehdi Benatia (27) because of age and better passing game. [md]

If the only CB we sign is a player who can't get his game for PSG, then we can kiss our chances of winning anything next season.

It's been evident for about 3 years now that the team needs major changes, yet the idiots in charge would rather spend it on overrated young players for big money.

I am starting to worry we will only sign about 3 players and let Sanchez and Cesc go.

Ursegor

World Champion

He better not turn Barca into Barca B.

I don't know why they seem so obsessed with Marquinhos. He really isn't that special apart from being fast. Won't solve the main weaknesses in the back. Doesn't defend too well in the air and is generally weak physically. He will develop strength with time but next season him and Pique would get bullied. Also in general his profile is more like Rio Ferdinand / Pique type of "snuff danger out befor it happens" interceptor, not the Vidic / Puyol type of "get stuck in" warrior which is needed to partner Pique.

He should only be an option when bought alongside another experienced defender. One for the future.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Luis Enrique will ask Xavi (34) to retire as Spain national team player after the World Cup in Brazil. #fcblive #brazil2014 [gol]
Barcelona want to sell Alexis Sanchez (25) before the World Cup. He would join Italian club Juventus. [sport]
President Bartomeu has talked with PSG president Al-Khelaifi about centre back Marquinhos (20). PSG ask a lot, deal is not close. [md]
Despite the positive words of Luis Enrique, Javier Mascherano still plans to leave this summer. Meeting with the coach after World Cup. [md]

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He better not turn Barca into Barca B.

I don't know why they seem so obsessed with Marquinhos. He really isn't that special apart from being fast. Won't solve the main weaknesses in the back. Doesn't defend too well in the air and is generally weak physically. He will develop strength with time but next season him and Pique would get bullied. Also in general his profile is more like Rio Ferdinand / Pique type of "snuff danger out befor it happens" interceptor, not the Vidic / Puyol type of "get stuck in" warrior which is needed to partner Pique.

He should only be an option when bought alongside another experienced defender. One for the future.

To be fair, rumors from Mundo Deportivo, Sport, and the like are usually bullshit. Lots of sources claimed that Benatia's agent was in Barcelona. There has to be something to that.

Benatia and Laporte would be ideal.

xxxxxx

I honestly think the Marquinhos rumours are true, because there's just too many of them to say otherwise. I'm really starting to worry we'll pay about 50m euros for him.

Ursegor

World Champion
I'm certain Benatia AND Laporte will not happen. That would be € 70M minimum just for centerbacks. Equally unlikely that Benatia AND Marquinhos is going to happen, for the same reason. Which is why I'm very annoyed about the Marquinhos rumours right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roma ask € 35M for Benatia and Barca think that's better invested in a youngster like Marquinhos. Which is utter fail, Benatia can give 5+ years which is more than enough.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm certain Benatia AND Laporte will not happen. That would be € 70M minimum just for centerbacks. Equally unlikely that Benatia AND Marquinhos is going to happen, for the same reason. Which is why I'm very annoyed about the Marquinhos rumours right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roma ask € 35M for Benatia and Barca think that's better invested in a youngster like Marquinhos. Which is utter fail, Benatia can give 5+ years which is more than enough.

A man can dream. :( Also hopefully Al-Khelaifi tells us to gtfo with our Marquinhos bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans