Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Barca join Benatia chase
By Football Espana staff

benatia490ai.jpg

Barcelona have joined the long list of suitors for Roma defender Mehdi Benatia, according to Sport.

The newspaper claims Benatia is wanted be a host of European clubs after an impressive first year in the Italian capital, with Barca just the latest to express interest.

Benatia moved to Roma from Udinese after Marquinhos was sold to Paris Saint-Germain. He has a contract until 2018 and it would take at least €25m to sign the 27-year-old, it is said.

Roma don’t want to sell but are said to be unwilling to renew Benatia’s contract in return, which could lead to the player pushing for a move away.

Benatia’s agent is to discuss the matter with Roma and the Moroccan has spoken of his interest in playing for Barca.

Barca are understood to want to refresh the centre of their defence, with particular reference to their ability to defend corners, a particular strength of Benatia’s.

Hell I'll take it plus aren't football espana not more reputable compared to the other papers especially in Italian-Spanish transfers

I

instinct

Since France Football reported that Benatia prefers Barca over the other clubs, it's obvious that only a good bid is enough to get him. I swear that I'll never forgive the club if I don't see Benatia in our kit after the transfer window closes.

Kohe321

I'm more and more getting the feeling that if we don't secure Benatia this summer, then the rebuilding phase of Barca that has started with getting Luis Enrique will end up taking a lot longer than it would otherwise. With Benatia we could begin to dream about getting back to the top of world football already next season, but if we end up with the scenario where he goes to City, Marquinhos stays in PSG (Nasser pulls another Silva, makes us waste a transferwindow chasing a shadow), Hummels stays in Dortmund, and we end up with Mathieu... And we can't buy again before the summer of 2016. Well, that would suck A LOT!

Benatia is one of the very few top level CBs that are available, and he's strongly linked with us... He is basically EXACTLY what we need. I really, really hope we don't manage to throw our chances away because we're chasing Marquinhos instead of just pushing for Benatia right now...

Neymessi

The only 2 teams that are really serious of signing benatia are Barca and Manc.It all comes down to him and his club.If manc offer more money but he wants barca move,club will eventually accept us.But we can't rely on this scenario.Manc don't need a CB as desperately as we do,and we will have to outbid manc and overspend on him no matter what.Teams are getting stronger.Bayern will have lewa,RM is already strong,when aguero will be out of his injury,manc will be strong too,manu will be spending 200m.Next season if we go with this defense,we won't be anywhere in the CL.I don't care if we overspent.We overspent 100 mil last year.We have to overspend now.

I'm more and more getting the feeling that if we don't secure Benatia this summer, then the rebuilding phase of Barca that has started with getting Luis Enrique will end up taking a lot longer than it would otherwise. With Benatia we could begin to dream about getting back to the top of world football already next season, but if we end up with the scenario where he goes to City, Marquinhos stays in PSG (Nasser pulls another Silva, makes us waste a transferwindow chasing a shadow), Hummels stays in Dortmund, and we end up with Mathieu... And we can't buy again before the summer of 2016. Well, that would suck A LOT!

Benatia is one of the very few top level CBs that are available, and he's strongly linked with us... He is basically EXACTLY what we need. I really, really hope we don't manage to throw our chances away because we're chasing Marquinhos instead of just pushing for Benatia right now...

Agree with everything you said. We need to stop chasing Marquinhos and get Benatia.

The only 2 teams that are really serious of signing benatia are Barca and Manc.It all comes down to him and his club.If manc offer more money but he wants barca move,club will eventually accept us.But we can't rely on this scenario.Manc don't need a CB as desperately as we do,and we will have to outbid manc and overspend on him no matter what.Teams are getting stronger.Bayern will have lewa,RM is already strong,when aguero will be out of his injury,manc will be strong too,manu will be spending 200m.Next season if we go with this defense,we won't be anywhere in the CL.I don't care if we overspent.We overspent 100 mil last year.We have to overspend now.

This. We need to reinforce our squad, and if we need to overspend to do that, so be it. Benatia especially is someone we need to overspend on if that's what it takes to get him. We can't afford to be stingy right now.

Last edited:

jklz

Just read that as well on France Football, but wasn't the agent rumoured to be in Barcelona already last week as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans