Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Both those were mobile players moved from a position of high mobility to a position that required less. With Busquets, you want the opposite. A player that lacks natural mobility, being played in a position of low mobility, to be moved to a position that requires more. In other words, like apples and oranges comparison.

:worthy: Sumlit does it again.

I

instinct

There is interest as you say, but lately we've only taken it that far, never taken it further to bidding, negotiating with the player's club. Saw it with Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and I see it happening with Benatia again lol.

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Silva himself said that he doesn't want to leave PSG and to fullfill his contract. Benatia said that he will think about offers from top clubs such as Barcelona. It's different. I still think that we'll sign him.

L

Learo

Both those were mobile players moved from a position of high mobility to a position that required less. With Busquets, you want the opposite. A player that lacks natural mobility, being played in a position of low mobility, to be moved to a position that requires more. In other words, like apples and oranges comparison.

It had nothing to do with mobility. Not everything is about mobility. Messi, Xavi, Puyol were moved because the coach believed they would be more involved in the play in that position. Great players have to be the center of the game, basically.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Silva himself said that he doesn't want to leave PSG and to fullfill his contract. Benatia said that he will think about offers from top clubs such as Barcelona. It's different. I still think that we'll sign him.

I meant about Silva when he was in PSG, we moved too late or didnt want to pay enough. Marquinhos, he said that he never recieved any offer from Barcelona and was unsure on whether he had chosen PSG had he done, again.. moved too late or not at all either because of his price or chasing other options. Benatia, chasing Marquinhos.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It had nothing to do with mobility. Not everything is about mobility. Messi, Xavi, Puyol were moved because the coach believed they would be more involved in the play in that position. Great players have to be the center of the game, basically.

Yes, but you also need to put players in positions that fit their skills. Busquets quite simply does not have the necessary mobility to play CM for Barcelona. His game revolves around his superior positioning and defensive support, not his mobility and distributing skills. As his age grows, he's only going to become less and less mobile than he is now. It just doesn't fit.

L

Learo

Yes, but you also need to put players in positions that fit their skills. Busquets quite simply does not have the necessary mobility to play CM for Barcelona. His game revolves around his superior positioning and defensive support, not his mobility and distributing skills. As his age grows, he's only going to become less and less mobile than he is now. It just doesn't fit.

We will see. The same was said about Xavi. He was always thought of as Guardiola's successor.

Busquets' distribution is arguably better than Xavi in his prime, its certainly up there, so his skills is more adapted to the role than any player we can come up with. He is ordered to stay back now, sure, but that can change. Busquets makes the ball run for him and he is entering his prime now.

Buying players from the outside to fill Xavi's role is just a recipe for disaster IMO.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We will see. The same was said about Xavi. He was always thought of as Guardiola's successor.

Busquets' distribution is arguably better than Xavi in his prime, its certainly up there, so his skills is more adapted to the role than any player we can come up with. He is ordered to stay back now, sure, but that can change. Busquets makes the ball run for him and he is entering his prime now.

Buying players from the outside to fill Xavi's role is just a recipe for disaster IMO.

Which is why, at least in my opinion. We should give Rafa and Samper a chance in that role. Even Cesc, when consistently played in cm spot instead of at cf, could be good for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently Catalunya Radio saying that the Alves + 20m deal for Marquinhos is almost completed and could be announced tomorrow.

Meanwhile instinct is spotted in Germany right now as this news comes out:

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Der Kaiser

Welp I guess the positive from this deal is that we got Dani´s huge contract off the books. He must be making something like 200k at least. Probably more knowing how crazy we are with wages.

ss81bja

Come on Busquets as CM?. Now I know silly season is truly on. Are we not tired of putting players out of position?. The only way we keep both Busquets and Mascherano is to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, which is not a bad backup formation, or use Masch as backup DM which is a little unfair to him because he is a starting DM. We got to be pragmatic, but I like that they are trying to keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans