Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Rumblings from Barcelona suggest that it is looking to sign a goalkeeper, a defender and a centre forward during the winter transfer window. The fans have already chosen their perfect candidates for each of these positions: Thibaut Courtois, Iñigo Martínez and Miroslav Klose.

This was how MARCA.com readers voted in a survey allowing them to choose between five options for each position. It included the votes of 82,653 people.

The favourite for the position between the sticks is Atlético de Madrid's Belgian shot-stopper on loan from Chelsea, with 48.1% of the votes. He is followed by Ter Stegen, of Borussia Mönchengladbach, with 17.6%; and Reina, on loan to Napoli from Liverpool, with 14.8%. De Gea (United) and Čech (Chelsea) received the least votes for this position.

The preferred option in defence is Iñigo Martínez (Real Sociedad), with 42.8% of the votes. Balanta (River Plate) and Vermaelen (Arsenal) come next in the rankings, each with just over 18%, ahead of Mangala (FC Porto) and Vergini (Estudiantes).

The most desirable goalscorer was Miroslav Klose (Lazio), with 37.5%. Behind him are Cardozo (22.5%) and Diego Milito (21.3%), who play for Benfica and Inter respectively. The Paraguayans Valdez and Santa Cruz shore up the bottom spots.

Source: Marca

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I find it hard to believe that Marca ran a poll for Barca fans on their site. Surely the poll would just be totally polluted by Madrid fans and therefore make it worthless? Marca are making it up (as I never saw them run this poll and I read it everyday) or they are changing sides!

Icarium

Lifestealer
I just want barca to sign a defender in winter and hopefully ST like klose. Second one is not so important it would help the team by having an alternative. We would not want another AC Milan and PSG matches like last time. We may defend well or bad, we will always suck at set pieces. But the main thing is injuries, we don't have the sufficient depth in defence that a club like barca should have.

The only possible way signing a GK in winter transfer window is buying him and sending him on loan for rest of the season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
sorry I was joking, the fact that we are still talking about a cb shows that Rossell and Zubi can't really be trusted to decide anything

Except for biting the bullet on Neymar and proving an army of people wrong. And also, appointing Tata, when noone hasn't even heard of the guy and proving he was the right choice.
Yeah, only 2 most important decisions they had to make since Tito had to leave us.

BigBarcaBoy

I just want barca to sign a defender in winter and hopefully ST like klose. Second one is not so important it would help the team by having an alternative. We would not want another AC Milan and PSG matches like last time. We may defend well or bad, we will always suck at set pieces. But the main thing is injuries, we don't have the sufficient depth in defence that a club like barca should have.

The only possible way signing a GK in winter transfer window is buying him and sending him on loan for rest of the season.

Klose is talking about maybe going back home, really don't see the need for a central striker but if we did I would prefer one at the start of his career.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Klose is talking about maybe going back home, really don't see the need for a central striker but if we did I would prefer one at the start of his career.

We don't need strikers who are start of the career, we already have them in our youth squads. They would bring nothing to the club, where as players like klose or milito will bring experience with them and alternatives for the team.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Remember Larsson???? We need a striker like that. Who will settle for a minor role but still can make the difference in important or dire situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans