Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Zorc only said that those kinds of rumours are usually not true, which is anything but a denial. Bild have been spot on in the last few years about many transfers, still, the article doesn't make the impression that everything is written in stone.

The article doesn't say anywhere that they signed him, which is what barcastuff claimed. They jusz took a rather speculative article out of context.

JamDav1982

I would take him in an instant and easily ahead of untested players like Balanta or Dede.

It may mean a change to the way he and Pique currently play but he is one of the best CB in the world and has the aerial power and ability on the ball to fit in no problem.

He and Pique could work, Ramos breaks forward a lot for Spain and he and Pique have made a great partnership.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
JamDav1982,

IIRC then you were emphasising that Vertonghen could not work in Barcelona due to his lack of pace and the high line we play and now you want Hummels who is even slower than the former to join?

How does that even make any sense?

Cule4life

The Culest
JamDav1982,

IIRC then you were emphasising that Vertonghen could not work in Barcelona due to his lack of pace and the high line we play and now you want Hummels who is even slower than the former to join?

Oh snap :cookies:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

JamDav1982,

I think Vertonghens lack of pace coupled with the fact he struggles with people running directly at him and is not a brilliant defender makes him not good enough.

From what I have seen of Hummels he is far better positionally than Vertonghen, is better in the air and does far better left one on one with players.

Pique is not the quickest but takes other things to the game that make him good enough.

For me Vertonghen couldn't make up for that lack of pace and struggles to defend one on one.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
woah , how reliable is this ?
Check the last page, we were talking about it already. Basically, barcastuff rips a few sentences from the article out of context. The original article doesn't say Dortmund signed anyone, just talks of interest. And of course Bild always likes to speculate. The were right in quite a few cases, but this article consists of a lot of subjunctive sentences and hearsay.

barcastuff posted a new quote:

Zorc (sports director Dortmund): "Hummels to join Barça next year? That's one of many rumours, which mostly appear to be fake..." [bild]

For the record, that one is wrong as well. In the article, Bild writes that Zorc that said about the Schär rumour, but barcastuff makes it seem like he said it about Hummels.

Barcilliant

Batra and Hummels together would be sexy. Or Ballanta and Batra. How much would Ballanta cost? I have heard the fee range from 15M to 50M. Not sure which is right. If its is 50M no way would we pay.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Batra and Hummels together would be sexy. Or Ballanta and Batra. How much would Ballanta cost? I have heard the fee range from 15M to 50M. Not sure which is right. If its is 50M no way would we pay.

I'm pretty sure it was reported that River Plate's president came out and valued Balanta at 15 million.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to some sources, Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno (21) is ahead of Gladbach keeper Ter Stegen as option to replace Valdes [via md]

F

Flavia

1392873_10151756524602535_304941995_n.jpg

"Courtois has a price. 24 millions.
The gk has a release clause from chelsea, that Barça can afford"

"Hummels back on the list"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans