Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

Cause board is pushing hard to get Marquinhos. Benatia meanwhile can listen offers from other clubs. We aren't even fighting for him. Once the Marquinhos deal falls apart it might be too late to go and try get Benatia.

Agger and Mathieu it is. :VdB:

Who says we are not fighting for Benatia? For me, there were enough rumours to think that we are seriously interested in him. And just because a shitty paper like MD reports that we don't want Marcos anymore, there is no need to be that pessimistic.

If we don't sign him, I'll be the first one to admit my mistake though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If the deal about 20m + Alves for Marquinhos is true then with spending even 40m on Benatia, we'll still have 60m of that 120m budget. With addiotional player sales such as of Tello and Song, we can get back 15-20m and more if we sell other players, still enough to strenghten other positions.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
"Attacking reinforcements are in the pipeline, but no out-and-out number 9 is expected to arrive. Andoni Zubizarreta is keener on bringing in a mobile forward who can cut in from the flank, rather than a central target man. [marca]

Very logical, a striker who can play on the wings the same as Henry or Villa, I hope it's true.

raskolnikov

I dont get why it always has to take so fucking long for Zubi to close a deal, he should have finished up Benatia deal last month, im sure you can get a deal with Roma in a week.
Always waiting around or chasing unreachable targets will lead to nothing other than an "atleast I tried here are Miranda and Matthieu for 70 mil" type comment. Thiago Silva all over again.
Seal Benatia first then chase marquinhos and others, not the otehr way around.

raskolnikov

"Attacking reinforcements are in the pipeline, but no out-and-out number 9 is expected to arrive. Andoni Zubizarreta is keener on bringing in a mobile forward who can cut in from the flank, rather than a central target man. [marca]

Very logical, a striker who can play on the wings the same as Henry or Villa, I hope it's true.
Like who?

DonAK

Bartomeu is dealing with PSG and Nasser himself, Zubi should catch the plane to Roma along with Sanllehi :zubi:

DonAK

Agüero is one of these but considering our current situation he is probably not affordable.

So is Cavani. I've not seen Immobile much, but people are saying he is a mobile striker, but Dortmund has been negotiationg with Torino for some time now and probably close to a deal(Already agreed with the other co-owner Juventus).

Doobs

The Messiah
Why do you think so? Marquinhos rumors started just because Luiz arrived at PSG. Benatia to Barca rumors started earlier and they are still continuing.

The fact that it hasn't gone anywhere is whats upsetting. I find it so annoying that the players we sign now are the players that wanted to come here anyway. Zubi is inept at convincing players to join us. When we go up against City, Chelsea, PSG their negotiators always seem to get the upper hand against him.

Crixus

Make it happen :zubi:
10177500_751360394926381_4655494234583708438_n.jpg

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
The fact that it hasn't gone anywhere is whats upsetting. I find it so annoying that the players we sign now are the players that wanted to come here anyway. Zubi is inept at convincing players to join us. When we go up against City, Chelsea, PSG their negotiators always seem to get the upper hand against him.

But how many mega deals are already completed? It's only Luiz to PSG and even this deal is not finalized yet. Things in the transfer market are still slow and many deals might happen after WC.

Doobs

The Messiah
The problem is that we'll have to overpay either way. The board need to think about the sporting project for once rather than money. I think it's possible to get Benatia for between 35-40m euros if we manage to convince the player to come to us and push for a move.

Laporta said in 2010 that Rosell and this board's success will depend on which model they choose and follow and said that the sporting model have already proven to be more successful. Now with more money coming in to the club in terms of sponsorships and such, they can surely afford to spend some money if it's worth it?

Yeah I think the price is what is us holding back. Either way, looking at our situation, the market and the general state of the club, Zubi HAS TO make this signing no matter the steeper price. The immediate future of the of the club is at risk possibly. Maybe they want to save up for a massive move for Aguero or Suarez?

DAMN this summer is going to be loooong. Thank goodness for the world cup.

zanela

Who says we are not fighting for Benatia? For me, there were enough rumours to think that we are seriously interested in him. And just because a shitty paper like MD reports that we don't want Marcos anymore, there is no need to be that pessimistic.

If we don't sign him, I'll be the first one to admit my mistake though.

You're amongst the few passengers left in the Benatia--Barca express. The weaker ones like myself abandoned it for lack of insurance. Whether the train is derailed or reaches its destination, your bravery and persistence will forever be celebrated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans