Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

Roma now ask 40M for centre back Mehdi Benatia (27), which is too much for Barcelona. He's likely to join Chelsea or Man City. [md]

MD but whatever.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
lol. Ah well... It's MD I know, but I won't be suprised if we miss out on both Marcos and Benatia :lol:

Kohe321

Roma now ask 40M for centre back Mehdi Benatia (27), which is too much for Barcelona. He's likely to join Chelsea or Man City. [md]

MD but whatever.

PNYRZ.gif

Seriously, if this is true... 40m for Benatia when our budget is 120m + player sales is NOTHING. Are we really letting him slip out of our grasp to City or Chelsea?

Such an anticlimactic day after yesterdays promising rumors. We even started to talk about Zubi actually nailing all of these things. I'm starting to get that feeling that we're going to miss out on Benatia, chase Marquinhos for a while longer but miss him too, and be left with no-names while the real quality players goes to other clubs that can actually seal the deals. Why are we so incredibly impotent in the transfermarket?

Seriously, if we mess up this transferwindow and can't buy again before 2016, we're in for a long road back to the top. This board...

Galning

MD but whatever.

Unless the player himself wants to come to Barcelona, like Alexis, we will never sign a well known player if there's interest from other clubs. We simply can't compete with the likes of City and Chelsea.

Paganinisrvnge

If there is any truth to that, I'll be furious. We can pay neymar insane amounts of money and his dad but we're cheap about getting a world class cb which is so necessary it's not even funny anymore.

Kohe321

BS, why can't we compete with City or Chelsea if our budget is 120m? How much can City spend this transferwindow, with the FFP sanctions looming?

Benatia would be our most important signing, we should be willing to enter a bidding war and not just chicken out at 40m. It's basically to bend over backwards and tell City and Chelsea "sorry that we got in your way, if you want him that bad then by all means, we won't get in your way. In fact, you want us to fly him out to you on our dime?".

Bertus

MD but whatever.

lol. Ah well... It's MD I know, but I won't be suprised if we miss out on both Marcos and Benatia :lol:

Dunno what some people here expected.

- Benatia is one of the best CB around.
- He's the most wanted CB this transfer window
- AS Roma looks at what Luiz did cost and laugh
- Many rich clubs want him, not only Barcelona. That includes Chelsea and City
- There's no reason for AS Roma to sell him unless they get a very, very good offer.

Anyone here expecting that Barcelona could snatch Benatia for cheap was delusional from the start.

BTW about marquinhos, still no news on my side beside cheikh al-Thani who was at Roland Garros and who said (i summarize) F**k You to the FFP. That paying that much for Luiz was just a start etc etc. :lol:

Bertus

BS, why can't we compete with City or Chelsea if our budget is 120m? How much can City spend this transferwindow, with the FFP sanctions looming?

Benatia would be our most important signing, we should be willing to enter a bidding war and not just chicken out at 40m. It's basically to bend over backwards and tell City and Chelsea "sorry that we got in your way, if you want him then by all means. Here let me help you...".

Chelsea just got 50M euros from a retarded french club who like to put 50M on a turd.

So Chelsea can at least spend 50M on Benatia just from DL's transfer to RetardSG

Kohe321

I still don't understand why we, with our budget, can't compete with City this transferwindow. We can pay 40m, yet we chicken out? We are relying FAR to much on players own wishes to join us. The people who are supposed to negotiate for us must be beyond terrible, because it doesn't seem like they can make any deals happen unless the player himself stands outside the Barca offices knocking on the windows asking to be signed.

Bertus

Ok so whats new for Tuesday, fill me in!!!!

Nasser had a meeting with cheikh al-Thani.

It was a really important matter

They are at Roland Garros watching tennis and don't give a single fuck about anything else.

The best part is that i am not even joking. Last year, Nasser, Leonardo and cheikh al-Thani put everything on hold (including searching for a new coach) because they spent all their time at Roland Garros for two full weeks.

D10S_JC

Don't think chelsea need to sign a new CB. They will get Shaw and Ivanoic move back CB.

Man City and Bayern are real competitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans