Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhilS

Chelsea won't sell Couritois to us. Just like David Luiz.

So true. Mou is a stockpiler, not a seller. Mou will never have enough players. It means absolutely nothing to him to destroy careers and squander the team's money. Squad morale is not something that Mou is ever concerned about. If it is up to Mou, Courtois will stay out on loan forever, just because then no other club could have him. Same with Lukaku.

P

PhilS

Speculate all you want, Barca is not going to go out and sign a whole slew of players. And no, Messi will not be demoted, he will be the CF until he can't play anymore, though he might spend 10% of his time on the right wing. The next #9 to join this squad is Dongou, which might take two more years. Dongou will last one or two years in the squad, playing rarely.

Barca will buy one keeper, to arrive next summer. That will be the only change among the regular players, unless someone has a career ending injury. There is bound to be some turnover among the players who rarely play, but that is always necessary, and has little impact.

barca1899

I think that if Barcelona signed Lewandowski, they'd find a way to get him at least 50% of matches. I like Lewa a lot but

1. I don't see it happening. He's going to Bayern.
2. We would have too many forwards in Messi, Pedro, Sanchez, Neymar, Lewa, Tello, Cuenca, etc.

Messi, Lewandowski, Neymar would be scary but I have faith that Sanchez's improvement will continue.

Two weeks ago Lewa said: "I will be able to sign a contract in January, but I have never said that I will sign a contract with Bayern. It was a misunderstanding."
Either he wants more money from Bayern or he won't sign for them, in the latter case it would be very interesting to see where he would go. If we happen to sign Lewa, Pedro and/or Tello should be sold, but the problem where he would play would still exist. Leo and Neymar also want to play in the center and that could cause problems. If we sign a striker I want it to be Lewa.

Or maybe start upfront with Leo just behind him. We are looking at a Barcelona which at times doesn't play like the ones of Pep or Vilanova. Tata Martino likes more directness than control, Im afriad and having a world class striker can just be the transition that our attack needed to torment defences around the world once again ?

A Neymar-Lewandowski-Messi front three would be very interesting. However if Lewandowski is signed for those 5 matches against parked buses in which we can't score with Messi as a false 9, he'll cause trouble sooner or later.

Cule4life

The Culest
Only way Lewandowski will come is if we permanently shift messi to the right wing or play him behind the striker which i dont see happening on a frequent basis. A player like Aguero would be perfect but City will never sell. Dongou is too raw.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Ideally Barcelona need a 9 capable of playing long stretches of games from wide positions, be it right or left. They also need to be good with link up play. There is no imperative need for the player to be tall, nor does he necessarily need to be a prolific aerial scorer, these are just bonuses.
The main attribute really is the players capability to shift to the wide positions and retain his effectiveness.

South American forwards are the ideal mold because most of them can play many positions up front. Aguero and Suarez are the best examples, though they are very likely out of the list due to cost. Higuain is less capable of shifting to wide areas, but he is a very skilled and technically gifted 9, he could make it work, but again, would not be cheap.
Another similar mold to Higuain who could make it work would be Torres, moreso now with his newfound form. However Mourinho is in the middle, aka, not happening.

Then you have the other less versatile options of less flexible 9s, or pure scoring wingers.

I think the best approach for Barcelona is to use the new staff's knowledge of South American players and find a rising star who would fit the mold, and would both cost less and demand less once he arrives.

Lewandowski is going to Bayern the deal was done and dusted in February. The only reason Lewandowski said, that he has never said that he ll sign a contract with Bayern in January is, that it is not allowed to have an agreement with another club before January.

F

Flavia

Md inside sources revelaed Barça had a scout(Albert Valentín) observing Reina in the Marselle - Napoli game :(

According to the sources, Tata will have the final word if he wants one or two gks, as Pinto may continue. The same sources say both Ter Stegen and Reina are the main objectives.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Very much in agreement with you Sumlit, well put...El Niño could've been a great option a couple of years ago to resurrect his career, would've been great for La Roja too...Really think Cardozo could be an intriguing option, even if only temporarily

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zubi: "I went to Germany, but a contract hasn't been closed nor anything... Ter Stegen is another team's keeper" (via @LaTdP )

By @LeeRoden89

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 1 h
Zubizarreta's trip to Germany wasn't linked to transfer of Ter Stegen, which is already agreed upon, but to Dortmund player Gundogan. [as]

yeah, right :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans