Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinhoR10

Dortmund will let Lewandowski leave in January. Transfer fee: 8,5M. Besides Barcelona, Arsenal, City and Chelsea are also interested [sport]

still dont think he'll leave half way through the season, especially since they rejected all offers last summer. But for sure they'd rather let him join any other team than Bayern..

I think they'll just sign the deal in jan because he'd be cup-tied so i don't think there'd be much of a point in actually bringing him in jan to just play league games(Especially for barca, if we beat atletico n the coming weeks we'll have one hand on the title)

F

Flavia

Md and sports covers for tomorrow:

1001250_10151994283145763_1358668872_n.jpg

Reina costs 5 millions
Pepe has an agreement with Liverpool, so he can go to Barça.
The 5mi can be paid in 2 instalments of 2.5m

1383522112618.jpg

8.5mi, the price of Lewandowski
Dortmund would let him go in January

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Wouldn't they have to let him go in January, if not he could leave for free in the summer when his contract ends, right?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'd be very surprised if we signed him.

I dunno I mean Dortmund will be giving it their all to derail him from the Bayern move in any way possible and we are the closest alternative club to send him to that he'd be open to join. Bayern is his intended club right now but a wild card move is extremely possible in this saga

Yeah lewa is never underrated he is overrated now.

If you mean never overrated then:
Everyone keeps talking like he is the best striker in the world, he won't even come in top 5. He is very good player but after that 4 goals against RM he became a star, before that no one even talked about him. I will tell you BVB will not miss him at all.

What we need is GK, top class CB and probably a high potential midfielder and then comes a no.9. We should have tried for Eto'o, a familiar person is always better than someone entirely new.

Lewa is easily not a priority signing for us, however he's definitely one of the best forwards in the world regardless of the 4 goal performance vs Madrid. He has height, speed, stamina, control in tight spaces, deadly finishing ability in a number of different ways, can make runs and play with his back towards goal, can set up his teammates with quick sequences, and a first touch that makes him the Zidane of all strikers. All of this and he's still fairly young, definitely one of the best forwards in the world right now and could well soon become the best when/if he moves to Bayern.

The thing is that if he were to come to Barca, we'd already have two alpha dogs in Messi and Neymar. The main goalscoring king will always be Messi and that'll minimize chances for Lewa as most of our play goes through dynamic dribbling players and not to a target man, hybrid or traditional. He won't settle for being a rotation/bench player and won't be as prolific in Barca's attack as in any other team in which he'd be the finishing focal point.

AfricanBavarian

Wouldn't they have to let him go in January, if not he could leave for free in the summer when his contract ends, right?

BvB cant sell a player who doesnt want to leave to that respected club thats what makes the situation tricky. Its not like they dont want to sell him elsewhere its that they cant cause he doesnt want to go anywhere else.

barca1899

Barcelona have already a deal with Gladbach goalkeeper Ter Stegen for a while. It'll be announced once Valdes reveals his new team. [as]

ss81bja

Lewandowski @ 8.5m to me is a no brainer. Under Tata, we have seen a willingness to try things e.g. playing Messi out wide leaves room for a true CF. Lewandowski being 6 ft also gives us the header as an option when we get into the box. He would also be a true goal scoring alternative to messi when we want to rest Messi. Lets face it, against stronger opposition especially in the away legs ( e.g. in the Champions League) we have looked frustratingly impotent. The price, especially considering the player, is to good to pass up. It really shouldn't affect our search for a CB and two GKs.

ss81bja

I have not seen Pepe Reina recently, but even though the price sounds good and he would be the #2 keeper the issue will be if he is good enough

Lewandowski @ 8.5m to me is a no brainer. Under Tata, we have seen a willingness to try things e.g. playing Messi out wide leaves room for a true CF. Lewandowski being 6 ft also gives us the header as an option when we get into the box. He would also be a true goal scoring alternative to messi when we want to rest Messi. Lets face it, against stronger opposition especially in the away legs ( e.g. in the Champions League) we have looked frustratingly impotent. The price, especially considering the player, is to good to pass up. It really shouldn't affect our search for a CB and two GKs.
IMO we should all forget about Lewa. Even if Barca was his first choice (which is not the case), buying him would mean either playing him sporadically or moving Messi to the right; and I doubt either would settle for that. Neymar would be another reason. He will probably be still playing on the left by the end of this season, but it's only a matter of time before he moves to the center and be given more freedom (Messi made the same transition, moving from the right). With that in place, there won't be any place for any other forward; not Lewa and not even Alexis or someone else – and IMO it will be worth, because that's where Messi and eventually Neymar can play at their best.

Meitux

Lewandowski as an alternative? Give me a break...

coura

Banned
Zubi prefers to spend on reina. lol.

Lewa is too good to be true...let´s forget it. Rosell does not make good deals like this...

And messi is not god, he does not choose if a player comes or not. This is not FC Messi.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
The thing is that if he were to come to Barca, we'd already have two alpha dogs in Messi and Neymar. The main goalscoring king will always be Messi and that'll minimize chances for Lewa as most of our play goes through dynamic dribbling players and not to a target man, hybrid or traditional. He won't settle for being a rotation/bench player and won't be as prolific in Barca's attack as in any other team in which he'd be the finishing focal point.

This. I don't see him coming to Barca, or at least I don't think it would make sense for him due to the points you mentioned. I don't even think it would make sense for us, as there isn't much cause for changing our style of play (even though I'd be all for signing a backup forward).

Barcilliant

Throw the kitchen sink at Lewa-go all out. You are not getting a CF of that quality at that price. Lewa is on the same level as Falcao and Cavani. They cost 60 million! Trying to get this player is really a no brainer. Tata wants options and Tata wants a CF. Its worth taking a chance. Messi is NOT FC Barcelona and though he has been the best player in the world for some seasons now there will come a time when he will stop winning Individual awards if the team trophies dry up.

Barcilliant

Yep, Lewa has strength, aeriel ability and the knack of causing defences to panic. He presses pretty well upfront and brings attributes that WILL help break down a parked bus. Messi has struggled against parked buses and Neymar too. Lewa is one of those opportunities to good to pass up.

GET HIM ZUBI!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans