Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

:(

Harsh truth I guess.

Gundogan signing would have been a dream come true.
Someone would've to leave for him to come. And a homegrown player... Unless he stays at dortmund until Xavi retires, he'll never be a Barça player.

barcanuck

I don't like the idea of Gundogan, he can turn into another Sahin. We can stick to Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi for a few more years anyway.

Bringing a true #9 like Lewa is what I want to see though.

I don't like the idea of Gundogan, he can turn into another Sahin. We can stick to Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi for a few more years anyway.

3 players for 2 positions isn't enough imo. Especially considering Xavi's 33 and we don't really have anyone else who can play in his role (though with Tata's new tactics, that may be less necessary). IMO, we should go for a young talented CM in the Xavi mold, like Oliver Torres. Basically, what we need is a replacement for Thiago.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

3 players for 2 positions isn't enough imo. Especially considering Xavi's 33 and we don't really have anyone else who can play in his role (though with Tata's new tactics, that may be less necessary). IMO, we should go for a young talented CM in the Xavi mold, like Oliver Torres. Basically, what we need is a replacement for Thiago.

I don't think Oliver would like to have Sergi Roberto's role.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
IF Lewa did come here and not that other FCB as widely expected (FCBayern), it would surely be to play a more central role. Also, while Messi has played a bit wider on the right in several games I don't think he is giving up his "false 9" dropping centrally between the lines role to go back to being a winger. So frankly I have a hard time seeing Lewa coming here at all. Not that he would not be a good addition (great as he'd be on a Bosman). But while rotating 4 great forwards (plus Tello and cameos by Cesc up front) is nice, 5 greats might be too much.

Sell Pedro, problem solved :coffee:

Yaya

I'm quite sure that +90% of people advocating for Ter Stegen haven't watched him play much if at all.

Dea Gea, Courtois and Handanović should be the main three options.

barca1899

After preliminary talks, Barcelona will in the coming weeks draw up a contract for Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen. [ser]

I'm quite sure that +90% of people advocating for Ter Stegen haven't watched him play much if at all.

Dea Gea, Courtois and Handanović should be the main three options.

You realize that the first 2 are nearly impossible to get, right? I certainly wouldn't mind Handanovic though.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Md going on about Lewa again. They say Tata wants a starter 9, instead of the plan b, and Messi would play behind him.

If that were to happen, who would be sacrificed from the starting 11? The rw(Alexis), or a midfielder? 4-2-3-1? Then one would have to be dropped(Alexis, Iniesta, Neymar, Xavi), so a 9 could be added.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
As long as he doesn't play Messi on the right wing. I don't want Messi to suffer more from his tactics.

Icarium

Lifestealer
As long sanchez is playing like now, we need no ST right now. Messi is just not completely fit, when he comes back to his full fitness everyone will realize we don't need a no. 9 if it means letting go of in form sanchez(if he does not continue his form that may change) as i can not imagine pedro leaving(imo he is the one who should leave, but is from la masia so.....).

I just can't think of some ST entering our lineup when sanchez is scoring important goals like that, i just can't. I personally don't like lewa also, imo he is overrated.

Zincubus

Banned
As long sanchez is playing like now, we need no ST right now. Messi is just not completely fit, when he comes back to his full fitness everyone will realize we don't need a no. 9 if it means letting go of in form sanchez(if he does not continue his form that may change) as i can not imagine pedro leaving(imo he is the one who should leave, but is from la masia so.....).

I just can't think of some ST entering our lineup when sanchez is scoring important goals like that, i just can't. I personally don't like lewa also, imo he is overrated.

You are in the minority it seems as every top club was after him ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans