Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You saw Marquinhos play in the recent Toulon tournament I think for Brazil? He showed why he wasn't ready to start in a backline especially one as volatile as Barca's. Currently Bartra is a better option for a starting CB than him. Plus Marcos doesn't have the exp as Pique had or like Laporte or Mussachio have so its a considerably large gamble to trust a youngster like him to start for us

One game in a meaningless friendly tournament is evidence enough to show a player is not ready to play for Barca?!?!? That's absurd, with all due respect.

Marquinhos doesn't have the same experience as Laporte and Bartra?!? Again, absurd. Marquinhos played a full season for Roma and had over 30 appearances for PSG. Laporte? One and a half seasons for Bilbao. Bartra? Only one full season as a sub, and sporadic play at best the year before.

If you're going to argue on experience, Marquinhos arguably has more than both Laporte and Bartra.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
One game in a meaningless friendly tournament is evidence enough to show a player is not ready to play for Barca?!?!? That's absurd, with all due respect.

Marquinhos doesn't have the same experience as Laporte and Bartra?!? Again, absurd. Marquinhos played a full season for Roma and had over 30 appearances for PSG. Laporte? One and a half seasons for Bilbao. Bartra? Only one full season as a sub, and sporadic play at best the year before.

If you're going to argue on experience, Marquinhos arguably has more than both Laporte and Bartra.

Come now, Bartra was voted the Liga Adelante's best defender. And he was one of the shining lights in a disappointing season this year. But yeah, arguably, Marcos has more experience than Laporte. Does that mean he's better? Hell no, it doesn't.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Plus Ligue 1 doesn't have quality attacking talents same with the Seria A unlike La Liga so Marcos exp against good attacking teams will be slim

L

linetty

Castro (president Sevilla): "We want Rakitic to continue, but we won't force anyone to stay. But if he leaves, we'll decide the fee."

Behrox

The quote was certainly misinterpreted. If something sounds too good to be true, then it's misinterpreted.

Optimism guys optimism get some its free. We need every bit of positivity these days at least try to be positive

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Come now, Bartra was voted the Liga Adelante's best defender. And he was one of the shining lights in a disappointing season this year. But yeah, arguably, Marcos has more experience than Laporte. Does that mean he's better? Hell no, it doesn't.

I never argued talent. I was only arguing the premise Marquinhos somehow did not have the same experience as Bartra and Laporte, which is an erroneous premise.

As far as talent, I prefer Laporte of all 3. He's got all the skills, plus has some size to him. Playing all season for a good Bilbao side and playing well, is also a great endorsement. However I do think Marquinhos is better than Bartra, or at the very least has a far higher ceiling.

Plus Ligue 1 doesn't have quality attacking talents same with the Seria A unlike La Liga so Marcos exp against good attacking teams will be slim

That's an incredibly poor argument. Following that, Benatia should not be pursued because him playing in Serie A means his experience against good attacking teams will be slim.

Marquinhos did play 8 games in the UCL this season and did play fairly well.

Behrox

I never argued talent. I was only arguing the premise Marquinhos somehow did not have the same experience as Bartra and Laporte, which is an erroneous premise.

As far as talent, I prefer Laporte of all 3. He's got all the skills, plus has some size to him. Playing all season for a good Bilbao side and playing well, is also a great endorsement. However I do think Marquinhos is better than Bartra, or at the very least has a far higher ceiling.

That's an incredibly poor argument. Following that, Benatia should not be pursued because him playing in Serie A means his experience against good attacking teams will be slim.

Marquinhos did play 8 games in the UCL this season and did play fairly well.
Yeah you're probably right I am nitpicking because I think Marcos wont be worth what we would have to go through to get him if we are able to get him and it would be a loss considering equal or better options can be had easier and possibly cheaper in Laporte or Mussachio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans