Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Sevilla is not a second rate club and Fazio while not WC is still solid enough to be a good CB for any club

Sevilla are not a top club either. Fazio is an average defender that struggles with pace and people running at him. He wont have a long career at any top club.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Sevilla are not a top club either. Fazio is an average defender that struggles with pace and people running at him. He wont have a long career at any top club.

Same can be said for Pique. Plus its not like the market is staked with WC CBs so going by our realistic choices I conclude that Fazio as the experienced CB and either of Mussachio and Laporte for the young CB for the future is our most reasonable and attainable option

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Nothing wrong with a raw cb. Especially ones with WC potential and with pique next to him. Remember this is a new project, don't expect CL in the first season...

Behrox

Nothing wrong with a raw cb. Especially ones with WC potential and with pique next to him. Remember this is a new project, don't expect CL in the first season...
While that is Ok we can't expect to be relying on Marcos to start immediatley as our CB thats why we need a exp CB as a stop gap solution until Bartra and the other young CB are polished enough to be counted upon. Plus it will be a screw you to Bartra if Marcos comes and becomes the starting CB

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know Valencia are playing hard ball but Mathieu could be the stop gap older cb. Also I would play marcos immediately, playing time makes him better.

How good do you think varane would be if he played regularly this season for example? He'd be well in his way to becoming top three cb in the world.

If it were up to you guys we'd never buy youngsters (pique was young when we got him)...

Last edited:

Behrox

I know Valencia are playing hard ball but Mathieu could be the stop gap older cb. Also I would play marcos immediately, playing time makes him better.

How good do you think varane would be if he played regularly this season for example? He'd be well in his way to becoming top three cb in the world.

If it were up to you guys we'd never buy youngsters (pique was young when we got him)...
You saw Marquinhos play in the recent Toulon tournament I think for Brazil? He showed why he wasn't ready to start in a backline especially one as volatile as Barca's. Currently Bartra is a better option for a starting CB than him. Plus Marcos doesn't have the exp as Pique had or like Laporte or Mussachio have so its a considerably large gamble to trust a youngster like him to start for us

xavi_the_Boss

You saw Marquinhos play in the recent Toulon tournament I think for Brazil? He showed why he wasn't ready to start in a backline especially one as volatile as Barca's. Currently Bartra is a better option for a starting CB than him. Plus Marcos doesn't have the exp as Pique had or like Laporte or Mussachio have so its a considerably large gamble to trust a youngster like him to start for us

How does Laporte have more expirience?
I would also prefer him to marq though.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He has been playing as a regular starter CB for Athletic for 2 seasons I think

His first liga appearance was halfway through last season, he went on to become starter for the remainder of the season until he got injured in April.

This was his first full season in top flight football.

Behrox

No don´t think so_Only this season.

I said a regular starter. He cemented his spot this season. Plus he looks to be more comfortable and confident defending than Marcos although I have not seen a lot of either. Maybe its just that I saw bad matches of Marcos and good ones of Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans