Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

Alexis is a class player and i don't mind keeping him but let's not get crazy and overrate him now. He had a few lovely goals this season but a lot of his goals were him finally doing what he's supposed to be doing; finishing easy chances. At Barcelona, i can't think I've ever seen Alexis dominate a game in his own in the way someone like Reus can. Reus almost single handedly knocked out Real in the second leg of the champions league quarter finals. Scoring two and setting up Mkhitaryan with multiple wonderful passes. I think some of us expected Alexis to occasionally deliver those types of performances when we signed him yet he never really takes over a game even when Messi is injured or rested.

LeeRomeno

I really feel sorry for this Real Madrid type of attitude of selling every person and trying to replace them with someone more expensive. The success Barca has had in recent years has brought in so many plastic fans who make supporting this club really difficult for me. Alexis and Fabregas for example had just as much to do with not winning any trophies than any other player on the squad, but for some reason they are the public target for blame.
Xavi - i think he had one of the worst seasons i remember, far from being influential
Iniesta - had some moments of magic, but at the same time i remember him being really sloppy with possession and giving away ball needlessly, not to mention his horrible shots
Busquets - was completely out of it for last part of season, just overused too much
Messi - never the same after the injury, for various reasons
Neymar - average, very injury prone as well
IN addition we had defense line with constant injuries, Alves, being even worse crosser than usually, Alba being out for long periods of time just as Pique.

So season ends and hey, lets all blame Alexis who had his best season in Barca shirt, scoring some huge goals and being overall impressive and Fabregas, who was always played out of position.

As for transfers, Rakitic is imho better than Modric
Rakitic Games, goals, assists: 52, 15, 18
Modric: 51, 2, 9
Of course Modric plays a bit deeper and is more of a playmaker, while Rakitic is more of AM, it is unfair to say he is in any bit worse player, also for Croatian national team, both are equally good. Getting Rakitic would be a nice thing, especially as he is not that expensive.

serghei

@Paganinisrvnge, Reus is the star player of Dortmund, pretty much all their offensive game has been built on Lewa and Reus. Alexis beat Inter, Milan and Juve with Udinese, England and Colombia with Chile and so on. And also, it takes a lot of off the ball movement to end up in the right position to score an "easy goal". Judging by that term, both Reus' goals vs Real were easy.

J

José Mourinho

Those who want to sell Alexis: who (out of players we can REALISTICALLY get) do you want to replace him?

Deulofeu and Reus /
Icon-magazine-%20footballer-dolce-and-gabbana-stephan-el-shaarawy-04.jpg

J

José Mourinho

aww, someone trying to be smart by over exaggerating, yes comparing goalkeeper to striker is exactly the same as comparing 2 midfielders.

of course it was but it makes no sense to compare the stats and judge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans