Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanela

@Paganinisrvnge, Reus is the star player of Dortmund, pretty much all their offensive game has been built on Lewa and Reus. Alexis beat Inter, Milan and Juve with Udinese, England and Colombia with Chile and so on. And also, it takes a lot of off the ball movement to end up in the right position to score an "easy goal". Judging by that term, both Reus' goals vs Real were easy.

And who was/is the star player of Udinese/Chile? I like Alexis, and think he should stay the upcoming season, because I don't think we can acquire an upgrade atm. But his situation should be assessed next summer, depending on his progress, and availability of Reus. (all subject to Tb ofc)

serghei

And who was/is the star player of Udinese/Chile? I like Alexis, and think he should stay the upcoming season, because I don't think we can acquire an upgrade atm. But his situation should be assessed next summer, depending on his progress, and availability of Reus. (all subject to Tb ofc)

Alexis was the main star of Udinese and is the main star of Chile (along with Vidal). So, he can decide games if he is played more and not told to hug the line (he did decide plenty of games for Chile and Udinese, and for Barcelona also). Reus has way more freedom at Dortmund. I've watched both players a lot, and I am not convinced Reus can do more than Alexis did last season if he is played in such a contrived position. He may look more fluid and more integrated, but, at the end of the day, his parametres won't surpass Alexis' stats this season. The fact is Alexis had great numbers in a team that worked at so-so level most of the season. Style asside, Alexis comes off a great season.

zanela

The Burj Khalifa

Deulofeu and Reus /
Icon-magazine-%20footballer-dolce-and-gabbana-stephan-el-shaarawy-04.jpg

Stephan-el-shaarawy
v3Burj-Khalifa.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Im sure had Alexis Sanchez still played at Udinese and rocked Serie A like he did, the same people would have called for us to get him, no matter the cost.

Alexis Sanchez as an individual player I rate much higher than El Sharaawy and not far behind or maybe even at par with someone like Marco Reus. That's how good Alexis is IMO. Now whether he suits our system or whether our coaches have failed in using him to his strenghts is the problem, is another story.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Im sure had Alexis Sanchez still played at Udinese and rocked Serie A like he did, the same people would have called for us to get him, no matter the cost.

Alexis Sanchez as an individual player I rate much higher than El Sharaawy and not far behind or maybe even at par with someone like Marco Reus. That's how good Alexis is IMO. Now whether he suits our system or whether our coaches have failed in using him to his strenghts is the problem, is another story.

Personally, I think Reus is noticeably better than Alexis. Alexis is a talented footballer, but his final third skills are not top notch, certainly inferior to Reus'.

Comparisons to El Shaarawy are unfair right now since the player barely played last season. The season before however, and a year younger, El Shaarawy had 19 goals in all competitions. He is still 21 years old to boot.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Its ridiculous to think that Reus would be any more successful in Barca compared to Alexis considering our attack is Messi-oriented. In all the recent years, the only forward to be successful in his position was Eto and thats because he had huge ego. Face it, this team is Messi oriented, we can try getting whoever there, they will always play second fiddle to Messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Every player is a realistic option. It's that Barca don't want to go the extra mile to get those players. Like they did with Neymar.. Reus can be had, BVB is still a selling club at the end of the day.

The selling club which rejected money for Lewandowski and risked not getting anything on him since they wanted him to stay at all cost? I think people seriously underestimate BVBs statements. They are serious. They won't sell Reus this summer. No chance.

Zebulun

Flavia don't get your hopes up with that guy/ our board. these are the same people that sold bojan for 12 million and bought him back for 13 mil to let him go for free. =/ :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans