Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiReFTW

So let me get this straight... our defence needs a major overhaul and needs to become much stronger and we are going to buy a soon to be 32 years old defender who isn't even great? And we would probably pay like 10-15m for him. Can someone explain this logic to me?

F

Flavia

So let me get this straight... our defence needs a major overhaul and needs to become much stronger and we are going to buy a soon to be 32 years old defender who isn't even great? And we would probably pay like 10-15m for him. Can someone explain this logic to me?

He's soon to be 31, and he's a good player. Had they got him last summer, our season would probably had been better. He can't be the only cb, though.

Bertus

Come on, let's go for Benatia ...

It's kind of a terrible situation right now because barcelona waited for way too long.

Marquinhos is out. If Benatia bails out too, will remain only Mathieu, Laporte, Lovren and some i forgot. I think barcelona can forget about hummels too.

The situation is dire.

Do you want DL for a friendly price of 60M???? No?? I guessed so :lol:

:(

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Gonzo has had enough of Benitez's bullshit tactics, where he's required to slog non-stop, helping create and also getting to the end of things. His demeanour when the mediocrity that surrounds him makes a poor decision, or whn he gets sub'd out is very telling. So I'm not surprised about his upbeat comments about the prospect of joining Barca.He wants out, I've no doubts about it. Going from Madrid to Napoli is a significant step down. He would 've bided his time at Madrid until a better offer, but for Sabella who pressured him to find more mins in what was a WC year. When the ARS move brokedown, he was forced to accept the Napoli offer, as Madrid were not willing to drop their asking price. And that's that. He may say some nice things once in a while to appease the San Paolo faithfuls. But if it were up to him, he'd leave at the first chance to bigger and better things.
Good luck to Napoli if they are looking to renewing him.

Let's hope he tries to force things.

catalanKings

It’s starting to feel like a replay of the past couple years. Marqiunhos, too expensive. Cuadrado, too expensive. Mathieu, Miranda, Higuian, too expensive. Next they’ll announce that Mascherano, Pique, & Bartra are the cbs. Same story every year.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Board members recently asked the president about Luis Suarez, but Barcelona didn't make any move. They now first focus on defenders. [sport]

Lol barca board concentrating on defenders :lol:. It is bullshit. This board don't know how to sign defenders, that is it guys no more signings if that is true.

Trafalgar

It's kind of a terrible situation right now because barcelona waited for way too long.

Marquinhos is out. If Benatia bails out too, will remain only Mathieu, Laporte, Lovren and some i forgot. I think barcelona can forget about hummels too.

The situation is dire.

Do you want DL for a friendly price of 60M???? No?? I guessed so :lol:

:(

I think that if we make a serious bid of 40M to Roma, they won't say no ... we don't have the choice, we could have bought Benatia for a shipper price but we waited too long :D

ryuken

Major overhaul in defense and super team = Mathieu, what an incredible promise by the president

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

onzeXI

It's funny how many people were happy with Lucho coming in, but think that 80% of the players that Barca are rumored interested in are a bunch of stiffs. Either the thinking must be that Lucho has no influence with Zubi or Lucho is a fool for wanting stiffs or Lucho doesn't know how to construct the makeup of a club. The irony really is quite funny.

Barcilliant

This whole cb issue is tedious. If this issue had been addressed three seasons ago we wouldnt be in this mess. We are in the shit now so we HAVE to spend big now. 50 million should get Benatia. If the board dont want to spend tha money a cb from S America maybe the best choice. We need a wc cb urgently. Pique looks shot and Batra needs time.

So far the boards signings have been ok. Higuain, Benatia and Vidal would be nice.

LeeRomeno

I think club itself is to blame for this. If they start bragging how they will bring top defenders, of course every club with decent defender will inflate the prize. They want to get max from it. Its so stupid that in order to please the fans, Zubi and others keep making those statements that eventually hurt the club more.
If we would have made the statement, that we will be looking into defense, but if we dont get anyone its no harm, we will instead promote some youngsters, i am sure by this time we would have already signed someone for a decent prize. But now everyone knows board is desperate, they have promised big names and every other club with a big name will milk maximum from us.

And stop talking about age. I really dislike the football manager style talk how 31 is suddenly waste of money. For a CB with good physicality, they can easily play until 34-35, some even longer. Look at Marquez for example, he looked sharp at 35. We are a top club and if we buy someone, we should buy those in their best footballing age and 30-31 is that for a defender, instead of buying unexperienced 20 year old, who may or may not get good in 5 years. Mathieu has proved himself to be top notch defender with La Liga experience in a mediocre team, bringing him would be top choice, depending on fee of course.

We dont need a team of 11 superstars, we need a team that works as a team. we dont need a 60 mil signing to every position, we are not real madrid guys, why you keep forgetting that

BarçAjax8

I think club itself is to blame for this. If they start bragging how they will bring top defenders, of course every club with decent defender will inflate the prize. They want to get max from it. Its so stupid that in order to please the fans, Zubi and others keep making those statements that eventually hurt the club more.
If we would have made the statement, that we will be looking into defense, but if we dont get anyone its no harm, we will instead promote some youngsters, i am sure by this time we would have already signed someone for a decent prize. But now everyone knows board is desperate, they have promised big names and every other club with a big name will milk maximum from us.

And stop talking about age. I really dislike the football manager style talk how 31 is suddenly waste of money. For a CB with good physicality, they can easily play until 34-35, some even longer. Look at Marquez for example, he looked sharp at 35. We are a top club and if we buy someone, we should buy those in their best footballing age and 30-31 is that for a defender, instead of buying unexperienced 20 year old, who may or may not get good in 5 years. Mathieu has proved himself to be top notch defender with La Liga experience in a mediocre team, bringing him would be top choice, depending on fee of course.

We dont need a team of 11 superstars, we need a team that works as a team. we dont need a 60 mil signing to every position, we are not real madrid guys, why you keep forgetting that

:beer2: Well said!

ivan_barca

The situation with the defenders is simple.Lucho ask for Marcos and Mathieu. Marcos is out.So the question is who is Number 2 on the list after Marcos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans