Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazp

Sell Iniesta? Why, in the world? It's baffling the amount of stupid suggestions that come out after a defeat...

Ridiculous isn't it. I mean, I guess they don't remember some of names this club had during the drought yrs...but let's sell Messi, Iniesta, etc..lol. Do that and you'll see how many players would be willing to come...I mean WC players want to come and play with Messi. Neymar did.

Last edited:

KING XAVI

Nobody said anything about selling Messi,its the midfield that's the problem,a problem that would be fixed by buying physical players,we cant do that if iniesta stays,because we'd have to play cesc(slow),and iniesta(slow and small),neymar(5'8,small),messi(5'7 small)

Ursegor

World Champion
This thread is a waste of time. Zubi clearly has absolutely no idea what to do at this point.

For midfield buying Gündogan would have been the easy way out. His contract runs out soon and he's the most obvious choice quality-wise. With his back injury however you can bet that Zubi has 0 idea how to strenghten the midfield now which is why we're linked with the likes of Bruno Soriano. :facepalm:

Dani Alves is on very high wages which is why the board wants to sell him every summer. The rumoured replacements are Cuadrado and Zuniga, basically 2 wingers. :facepalm:

In defense we'll most likely get a cheap option like Fazio or Musacchio. If at all. I can't even facepalm at this because sadly that's still better than Mascherano. If they get David Luiz for a huge sum this will actually be worse than Mascherano.

Barca 14/15:

Neymar-Messi-Alexis
Iniesta-Bruno
Busquets
Alba-Fazio-Pique-Zuniga
MAtS

Believe me. This is actually worse than what we have now. :lol:

Benatia, Reus, an elite CF ... Forget it. Never going to happen.

This is obviously me pretending that Fifa are going to lift the transfer ban. If not all of this doesn't even matter.

BarçAjax8

Change the system? Really? We don't just have a system, we have A FOOTBALL PHILOSOPHY. A philosophy that every child is learning the day they enter La Masia/Juvenil teams until/if they make it to the senior squad. Our philosophy has won us numerous La Liga, Copa, European and CWC titles. It is our stamp, what we are known for and you don't throw away years of success just because our board isn't reinforcing the team.

Our system is still the best in the world but we don't have the right manager and balance of players to execute it. That is all down to Rosell, Bartfart, Zubi and all the other goons who have put all their energy on the business side of things and completely forgot what the FC stands for in our name. We didn't make the right buys and in MOST cases we didn't buy at all. Tata Martino has done a phenomenal job with a paper thin squad but for me we play best with a manager who knows our philosophy inside and out. Frank de Boer was my 1 and only choice after Pep. He is great with nurturing youth, motivating experienced players and the best thing is he was a former player who continues to implement our system.

1. Fire Zubi, have elections and appoint a new board.
2. Either keep Tata and allow him to get players to implement his style or hire De Boer and allow him to buy the players he wants
3. Build around our best players

- - Neymar - Messi - RW- -
- - Iniesta - - - - - CM- - -
- - - - - Busquets - - - - -
- LB - CB - Pique - RB
GK

GK: For a Keeper we need someone good with his feet and with a good leap to save shots. If Ter Stegen is coming in then that position is covered. Keep Pinto for another year and promote Masip.

Defense: The area that is in complete shambles. Keep Alba, Montoya, Adriano, Pique, Bartra. Sell Alves and bring in a new Attacking RB & 2 CBs (Mangala/Benatia). One who can double as a Defensive LB (Balanta, Martins-Indi, Doria, Juan Jesus). As a few others have said as long as we have Messi our threat will come from the right into center so we need a RB who will linkup and make overlapping runs. Tactically having Jordi as the attacking back doesn't work because Neymar/Pedro hug the touchline and work on the flank leaving little room for an overlap. Messi cuts inside leaving an entire flank for a RB to occupy.

Midfield: Sell Afellay, JDS, Song and put Masche as a backup to Busquets. The key thing here is to keep Xavi fit but phasing in his replacement for the future. Cesc is not that replacement. He was by far our best player the first half of the season but Barcelona's play was also unrecognizable. I really don't care about his stats, I just don't see him as a Barcelona player. I'd sell Cesc if we can get a *fit* Gundogan or Kroos. If we keep Cesc then a good investment would be Oliver Torres. In either case Rafinha & Roberto should be given ample time and experience. We don't want another Thiago situation because both players have the skills to do well.

Forwards: Still dependent on Messi. If he doesn't score, most likely we don't score at all. A Striker needs to be bought who can play wide-right as well as through the middle (Lukaku, Reus, Mandzukic, Hulk*). Alexis, times up. He provides no threat and his tap-ins can be scored by a youth product. Tello and Bojan should be sold as well to make room for our newer prospects (Deulofeu, Adama). I still have hope for Cuenca because when fit he is exactly what a Barca forward should be.

That's what I think we need to rebuild the team, but under this board not even a 1/4 of it is likely to happen.

M

Messi+Eto

We should switch from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1
- - - - -Messi/Bacca
Neymar-Iniesta-Reus/Messi
- - -Gundogan-Busquets
Alba-Benatia-Pique-Aurier
- - - - -Stengen

ryuken

I would give up on transfer and probably wont have such high hope for overhaul, with this current board which consists of morons who only good in making dubious deals, one Cb and Ter Stegen is all i hope for, and with Ter Stegen deal done, the bald head Zubi and Barfuk will have a nice summer watching wc and get one cheap ass Cb during the last day of the transfer window

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

FC B

Well, he didn't see the facts. Dortmund didn't just get really unlucky this season with injuries, it was a direct result of Klopp's pressing style. There is no suggestion that it would be any different here.

That's a superficial approach. He trains BVB since 2008 and guess what, that is the first season out of the six when BVB has the infirmary full of their players and you really shouldn't blame solely Klopp for that. It is a combination of several factors that made things go so wrong with their injuries.

Sell Iniesta? Why, in the world? It's baffling the amount of stupid suggestions that come out after a defeat...

Messi and Iniesta are the two single absolute untouchables form Barca. Period.

But I agree, a profound reconstruction of the team is badly needed and not from now but from after Guardiola left and that stupid board didin't knew how to do shit with it and they left it crumble under its own weight and still not acting at all to prevent that from happening ( with too few exceptions ).

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Change the system? Really? We don't just have a system, we have A FOOTBALL PHILOSOPHY. A philosophy that every child is learning the day they enter La Masia/Juvenil teams until/if they make it to the senior squad. Our philosophy has won us numerous La Liga, Copa, European and CWC titles. It is our stamp, what we are known for and you don't throw away years of success just because our board isn't reinforcing the team.

Again, I think that people are glorifying Tiki-Taka and "our system" too much.
We have won "numerous" titles, but in the period from 1960-2006, we have won only 1 Champions league, in 1992.

In years 1992-2006, Barca was famous in Europe for: always playing the most beautiful and extremely attacking football, but never wins any trophy (in Europe).
We always played a Possession football, but for some reason, we were never good enough for the 1st place.

2006's Trophy was won by Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Larsson, Guily and young Messi.
2009's Trophy was won by Messi
2011's Trophy was won by Messi

People will say that Tiki-Taka won us Trophies, but it is hard to tell. We had the best player who ever walked on Earth, Messi, in his prime years.

Let's say it this way, imagine that Messi didn't exist or something. Do you think we would won Trophies in 2009 and 2011?
I am not sure. We would be an average (top) European team who wins a Trophy once in 10-15 Seasons.

We are talking about our philosophy and Tiki-Taka?
Again, imagine when Messi retires, or imagine the current team without Messi.

Tiki-Taka with Neymar, Pedro, Alexis, Fabregas and similar players?
You think that it would be good enough for Champions league? I am not sure.

It is hard to say if we have won our trophies solely because of Messi, or because of Tiki-Taka, or because of Tiki-Taka+Messi together.

But still, imo, our fans are giving extreme godlike powers and laurels to Tiki-Taka.

1. maybe it wasn't too powerful even in 2008-2011, but we had Messi who could alone solve all our problems, against any opponent
2. also, what will happen with us and our Tiki-Taka when one day Messi will retire? Who will save us then when problems occur? Pedro and Alexis? Fabregas?
3. also, again, this is 2014. Even if Tiki-Taka was awesome in 2008-2009, it is much less lethal today

Again, fans here almost never think about the worse scenario, people here only think about "bright future"
1. scenario 1: ok, we could go back to Tiki-Taka, we will run and press more, and we will win everything
2. scenario 2: but what if (and that is very likely), we will run more and press more, but the results will be the same as today? What if Tiki-Taka is just not good enough anymore?
Also, what will happen with our Tiki-Taka when Messi will be gone?

The way how some fans are looking at Tiki-Taka, it is very likely that we will have the same topic in 2024' and saying something like this:
"Huh, we haven't won any major trophy since 2011. But that is because our players don't run for 13 Years already. We need to run like in the 2011.. We need to stick to Tiki-Taka and our winning system from 2009-2011. That is the key, we need to build our future around that.."

Again, what if running and pressing is not enough anymore. And what if Tiki-Taka is not godlike tactics at all, but just an average tactics but the greatest player ever, Messi, turned it into an awesome tactics?

At least, could you please just try to think about that option. (not you, but all guys who think that returning to Tiki-Taka from 2008-2011 is the answer to all our problems)

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
- - - - -Messi/Bacca
- - -Gundogan-Busquets
- - - - -Stengen
That is my idea. 4-2-3-1 would suit us more. Iniesta behind Messi to support him. Iniesta right now is just too far away from Messi.

I

instinct

- - - - -Messi/Bacca
- - -Gundogan-Busquets
- - - - -Stengen

Really interesting indeed. Aurier is new for me. Could give me information about him? Would he be an addition to Alves?

Barcilliant

I wonder why this thread is opened. It should be closed until the trf ban situation is CLEAR.

I have a feeling we will be hit with something. Probably a trf ban for just one window. Probably this summer 2014.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wonder why this thread is opened. It should be closed until the trf ban situation is CLEAR.

I have a feeling we will be hit with something. Probably a trf ban for just one window. Probably this summer 2014.
We should be hit with the ban... For the shit to be cleared and to present a strong example to the scumbags like Roshit and such! But for the club's sakes I hope the ban is postponed post this summer transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans