Status
Not open for further replies.

ceefoo

We have issues throughout the entire team tbh:

- CF
- CM
- CB
- RB

That's a minimum of 4 players. Plus ter Stegen who's on his way = 5.

Valdes & Puyol already confirmed to leave. That only leaves Pique and Bartra as our only CB's (I don't include Mascherano).

So we need TWO more defenders to cover Puyol and Masche. We can no longer disregard our defence. Enough is enough!

Defence - ONE out-and-out CB, and ONE Defensive RB/CB (a Right-sided Abidal that can also comfortably play in the centre of defence). Jordi Alba will essentially fill the "Dani Alves role" as the attacking FB.

Midfield - Rafinha will return but it is probably too early to make him the fulcrum of our Midfield. Xavi & Iniesta can still turn it on, but the partnership is nearing its end, as both will be 30 years +.

We need a Midfielder that is capable of playing "our brand of football" but can also match our opponents physically and bring mobility and a goal threat. We have to many small, similar type midfielders. We need a variation.

Attack - Again, similar problem to our Midfield, too much of the same. A tall, Central Striker who's an aerial threat to fill in for Messi, and when necessary play with Messi. An advantage if he can also play RW, but otherwise he's there as a Plan B. Hence he doesn't need to cost a fortune, a veteran in his mid-thirties will suffice.

I would be prepared to use next season as a transitional one for the new coach; to blood the young talent, find a team balance and re-discover a working system. Then hopefully make a serious challenge on ALL fronts in the 2015-16 season.

ceefoo

The only one of the four that plays like Xavi... is Xavi and he is well past his best even now.
I agree, but replacing Xavi like-for-like is as difficult as finding Hens teeth.

That's why we have to try alternatives by making adjustments to our game (while keeping our essence) and identify the individual strengths and weaknesses and use them accordingly. Playing people out of position and asking them to perform a role they are not comfortable with or suited to, just creates problems.

ceefoo

Just to muscle in on the Fabregas debate:

Cesc IS slow in his movement. His sprint speed and reactions are slow. I always think back to the moment in the Clasico from last season when he was running through on goal, he had about a 5 yard lead on Varane, and Varane chased him down and blocked his shot.
This limitation isn't a massive problem if he's used in a system that caters to his strengths. However, in one like Barcelona's where time and space is limited and quickness, movement and awareness are all essential he has a lesser ability to cope than Xavi & Iniesta.

Tata shoehorning him into the line-up with Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets causes a domino effect on the whole team. Cesc can only play Two Positions: CM & CAM. He should NEVER play False 9!

Cesc needs space and runners off the ball to be able to play those great cutting-passes he is capable of. Messi doesn't make off-the-ball runs. Neymar is out of position on the RW and Iniesta at LW wants to cut inside and link up with the midfield and play those thru-passes himself. Cesc has virtually NO-ONE to play the attacking pass to! One of his best attributes has been nullified by not playing him in a balanced team structure. So as a result he looks like dogshit and gets booed by the fans and caned on BarcaForum.

Coaches playing "all their best players" in the same team rarely works. The best 11 individuals does not necessarily make the best XI team-sheet.
Play Cesc in his rightful position } CM in a balanced team or sell him. Because the way he is currently being used is doing him & the team, more harm than good.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but according to Diario AS, we've reached an agreement with Dortmund to buy Mats Hummels.

Some papers have said that we have reached an agreement with an center back. Probably Hummels. I hope it is true and it isn't Luiz.

Xavinho

If we sell Alves and find ourselves in a situation next season that requires a more defensive option then use Bartra. If we need a more balanced option then use Montoya. If neither is available then use Adriano or call up Edgar Ié. I'd prefer the funds be invested in an area where they're more needed than at right back.

barcanuck

Yup a defense of Bartra Pique Hummels Alba would be pretty damn good a massive improvement on set pieces having 3 guys who can clear.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
abGNBB7ahE.png

So this is what the team might look like if we keep Cesc. . . Fabregas however has no speed at all, I dare say Xavi is faster.

You can say that without even thinking. Cesc is slower than a turtle carrying a 50kg weight and then some

Lomar1o

***almost a repost***

i'll repeat the list of things we should do in my opinion:

1. exchange fabregas for ozil, sanchez for reus. add a bit of cash if needed or even players like tello/sergi roberto.
2. sell song, afellay, cuenca, dos santos, oier, bojan, if the latter is still under barca's contract. and if there are players in bojan-esque situation, sell them too. apart from deu/rafa.
3. sell alves only if we're going to get someone good, but im against selling him. he is still one of the best when he's motivated.
4. loan tello and sergi roberto if these two aren't included in ozil/reus deals. maybe loan montoya if we get doria or some other replacement.
5. let valdes, pinto and puyol leave, unless pinto has a contract, then we can sell him too =D
6. promote masip and maybe some other barca b player who is promising, like traore.
7. bring back rafinha, if the coach intends to bench xavi more.
8. keep deulofeu on loan for another season.
9. buy hummels, thiago silva or benatia, another CB we should buy would be laporte or luiz or both if we can't buy neither of hummels, benatia and thiago silva
10. buy a forward like mandzukic or jackson martinez if we ever try to play with plan b, c or whatever. im against it tho', because plan b is a myth and a tall power forward will never work against a bus. but i guess having one won't hurt either unless the manager is stubborn and blind enough to play him against bus parkers.
11. keep tata and let him not xavi/board run things.

.-----------------------------ter stegen/masip
.---------------------pique/laporte-----bartra/hummels
.alves/montoya-----------------------------------------------alba/adriano
.-------------------------------boss/masch
.-------------------xavi/alcantara----------iniesta/ozil
.--------traore/pedro------------messi/fw-------------neymar/reus

that's 22 players. we will have a third back up gk, and a couple of other players.

we can even keep sanchez and get one of reus/suarez/aguero instead of buying a typical forward, i'm actually against of. pretty strong squad if you ask me, way more versatile than the current squad, with way more depth, and it's not impossible, but i don't think it's gonna happen ;((

coutinho would be a great addition great too.......

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
i'll repeat the list of things we should do in my opinion:

1. exchange fabregas for ozil, sanchez for reus. add a bit of cash if needed or even players like tello/sergi roberto.
2. sell song, afellay, cuenca, dos santos, oier, bojan, if the latter is still under barca's contract. and if there are players in bojan-esque situation, sell them too. apart from deu/rafa.
3. sell alves only if we're going to get someone good, but im against selling him. he is still one of the best when he's motivated.
4. loan tello and sergi roberto if these two aren't included in ozil/reus deals. maybe loan montoya if we get doria or some other replacement.
5. let valdes, pinto and puyol leave, unless pinto has a contract, then we can sell him too =D
6. promote masip and maybe some other barca b player who is promising, like traore.
7. bring back rafinha, if the coach intends to bench xavi more.
8. keep deulofeu on loan for another season.
9. buy hummels, thiago silva or benatia, another CB we should buy would be laporte or luiz or both if we can't buy neither of hummels, benatia and thiago silva
10. buy a forward like mandzukic or jackson martinez if we ever try to play with plan b, c or whatever. im against it tho', because plan b is a myth and a tall power forward will never work against a bus. but i guess having one won't hurt either unless the manager is stubborn and blind enough to play him against bus parkers.
11. keep tata and let him not xavi/board run things.

.------------------------------ter stegen/masip
.---------------------pique/laporte-----bartra/hummels
.alves/montoya-----------------------------------------------alba/adriano
.---------------------------------boss/masch
.-------------------xavi/alcantara----------iniesta/ozil
.--------traore/pedro------------messi/fw-------------neymar/reus

that's 22 players. we will have a third back up gk, and a couple of other players.

we can even keep sanchez and get one of reus/suarez/aguero instead of buying a typical forward, i'm actually against of. pretty strong squad if you ask me, way more versatile than the current squad, with way more depth, and it's not impossible, but i don't think it's gonna happen ;((

coutinho would be a great addition great too.......

I agree with all this apart from keeping Tata

khaled_a_d

Just to muscle in on the Fabregas debate:

Cesc IS slow in his movement. His sprint speed and reactions are slow. I always think back to the moment in the Clasico from last season when he was running through on goal, he had about a 5 yard lead on Varane, and Varane chased him down and blocked his shot.
This limitation isn't a massive problem if he's used in a system that caters to his strengths. However, in one like Barcelona's where time and space is limited and quickness, movement and awareness are all essential he has a lesser ability to cope than Xavi & Iniesta.

Tata shoehorning him into the line-up with Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets causes a domino effect on the whole team. Cesc can only play Two Positions: CM & CAM. He should NEVER play False 9!

Cesc needs space and runners off the ball to be able to play those great cutting-passes he is capable of. Messi doesn't make off-the-ball runs. Neymar is out of position on the RW and Iniesta at LW wants to cut inside and link up with the midfield and play those thru-passes himself. Cesc has virtually NO-ONE to play the attacking pass to! One of his best attributes has been nullified by not playing him in a balanced team structure. So as a result he looks like dogshit and gets booed by the fans and caned on BarcaForum.

Coaches playing "all their best players" in the same team rarely works. The best 11 individuals does not necessarily make the best XI team-sheet.
Play Cesc in his rightful position } CM in a balanced team or sell him. Because the way he is currently being used is doing him & the team, more harm than good.

That is why making a decision about the new coach soon is the most important ,we have players that would fit with some coaches and won't for others

KING XAVI

The players i would like to see starting for barca next season....

marc andre ter stegn
Cuadrado. benatia. laporte(or pique,). Doria
kroos. busi(William carvalho,Martinez,matic)
messi
Reus. mandzukic. neymar

So I'd buy laporte,benatia(hummels is too slow,he doesn't get caught out much because Dortmund attack and defend together,and also the opposition team defenders are bullied into playing long balls,which is hummelss strength),and cuadrado is much more attackminded than alba and is better at dribbling 1 v 1,....i think its the right time to cash in on cesc....
Iniesta can rotate with kroos and Messi.rafinha can do the same with the wide players.its time for a revolution with the team and an evolution with the style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans