Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

You guys clamoring for De Boer should check out this post. It's written by someone who actually follows Dutch football and Ajax closely.

I don't think Frank de Boer is ready to be a Barça-manager yet. In big games, Ajax has often lucked out. They looked clueless against high-pressing opposition, and Ajax did not fare well in the European cups, despite them getting decent draws. He also has a tendency to put players in the wrong position (Schöne as a cdm, Sigthorsson as a lw, Janssen as a cdm), though he usually sorts this out in time. De Boer is still an inexperienced manager, and even though I like him, I think the step from Ajax, a team in a second-tier league, to Barça will be to difficult for him. In a couple of years he might be capable, though.

Not saying this is necessarily the truth and nothing but the truth, but it brings way more credibility than by just looking at his results. No doubt it would be interesting to see what he could accomplish with a top tier squad like ours, because the current Ajax squad sure as hell isn't one, but as someone who is following Ajax pretty closely too (well, watching most of their matches, anyway), because of the hordes of Danes running around Amsterdam Arena these days, I'd have more than a few qualms about seeing De Boer at the Camp Nou this early too.

Trickykid

What's wrong with Luis Enrique?

I suppose the apprehension some of us have when it comes to Lucho, mostly stems from his horror show stint at Rome. About his time at Celta, sure they have been playing some neat football once in a while, and of course it seems like he's developing Rafinha nicely, just as he did admirably well with our youngsters at Barca B, but that should hardly be the be all and end all when it comes to him being Barca manager or not.

I'd wager that most people who want Lucho for coach, dreams of the return of the prodigal son, hoping that he'd turn into another Pep or Simeone - a popular former hero who knows the values and spirit of his former club returning to guide those who used to idolize him to victory. It sounds mighty dandy and all, but if I have to be pragmatic about this whole deal, I honestly don't think he's shown enough to warrant what is probably one of the hottest manager seats in world football. Not yet, at least...

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'd stick with Tata instead of Lucho and De Boer TBH. At least give the guy one BS free season he had to deal with more BS in one season than we had the entire past decade

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I'd stick with Tata instead of Lucho and De Boer TBH. At least give the guy one BS free season he had to deal with more BS in one season than we had the entire past decade

I wouldn't mind if he stays, he'll get Ter Stegen, hopefully world class CB and if he continues his rotations and aren't afraid to try new things, why not. Alternatives seems very bleak.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't mind if he stays, he'll get Ter Stegen, hopefully world class CB and he continues his rotations and aren't afraid to try new things, why not. Alternatives seems very bleak.

Yup the alternates to Tata aren't anywhere near what we need. Tata may be a unknown in Europe but he was one of the best South American coaches so its not like he doesn't have pedigree plus this whole not utilizing youth BS he trusts the youth he used them excessively at Newells plus he is a El Loco disciple. You guys wanted him to use the kids when our team was struggling and the media was putting a noose around his neck. Plus tell me the number of consecutive matches in which he had the full strength squad at his disposal I assure you its not gonna go past 5. He has done well in his time here with a damaged squad begging for reinforcements with 2 rivals that have significantly strengthened themselves. You bring Pep or who ever the hell you want in the same circumstances as Tata and they wont do anything better

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So apparently according to MD we're gonna try to get Javi Martinez who will be Song's replacement and most likely play as CDM, CB.

Time to get him was 2-3 years ago, no chance now.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So apparently according to MD we're gonna try to get Javi Martinez who will be Song's replacement and most likely play as CDM, CB.

Time to get him was 2-3 years ago, no chance now.

No way, players leave Bayern only if they are not wanted anymore.

serghei

I think Marcello Lippi could be the best option available, the only option with massive experience and proven know-how at the biggest stages. His problem is the age though, just turned 66.

ebc_99

I think Marcello Lippi could be the best option available, the only option with massive experience and proven know-how at the biggest stages. His problem is the age though, just turned 66.

I have always like Lippi, he would be a good choice for the short term. He has experience at this level and is a winner, he would have the utmost respect from the players and he was always strong defensively which is something we need.

serghei

I have always like Lippi, he would be a good choice for the short term. He has experience at this level and is a winner, he would have the utmost respect from the players and he was always strong defensively which is something we need.

It would be good for short term, because in 2016 we have elections. So, if we bring him for two years or so, he would bring us exactly what we need and would make the right transfers. The man is like a book on football, knows how to make a team work. But this board would never go for someone like Lippi.

He has always talked nice about Barcelona and I'm sure he'd fancy a move to FCB at the end of his career. He'd never pass on that, because he is a winner and so are many of Barca's players.

So, we bring Lippi for two years, until the ban expires and we have new elections. He sure is better than some rookie at the beginning of his career. We are way beyond the point of experimenting. We need certainty -- and Lippi provides just that.

Last edited:

KING XAVI

What about EL LOCO himself,marcelo bielsa,isnt he out of a job.......im sure he'd bring something different to our club,and he is a person who demands respect,and he'd probably get rid of the players he deems unworthy...

serghei

What about EL LOCO himself,marcelo bielsa,isnt he out of a job.......im sure he'd bring something different to our club,and he is a person who demands respect,and he'd probably get rid of the players he deems unworthy...

There's a reason why they call him EL LOCO... Hiring Bielsa is like draving a car with 180 km/h in the forest. You can avoid the trees for a short while, but sooner or later you will crash into one. He is like a crazy version of Tata.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans