Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah you're probably right I am nitpicking because I think Marcos wont be worth what we would have to go through to get him if we are able to get him and it would be a loss considering equal or better options can be had easier and possibly cheaper in Laporte or Mussachio

Price is certainly a valid concern, as well as value vs production right now as opposed to future potential.

The ideal situation would have Barca getting a young, yet already established world class defender in the mold of Benatia and Hummels, and then getting the youngster with great potential to bring along and further develop. However not sure how realistic or possible that would be at this point.

I myself don't think Musacchio is starter caliber CB for Barca. He is a good defender, but for a starter, Barca need better. He'd be an acceptable rotation player though.

I don't like Fazio for Barca. He'd be a terrible partner for both Pique and Bartra. Barca need the quick, agile, and tackling defender type that is not a liability in the air. Basically a Mascherano with better CB instincts and fundamentals, and with more height. Fazio is a tower in the air, but he is neither quick and agile, nor is he a particularly good tackler. He is not a good choice for us, despite being a very solid defender.

Kohe321

Cules are naturally pessimistic. Also why wouldn't you be with these clowns...

Exactly. I want to be positive, but come on, there has been one shitty thing after another with this board.

Being negative is one thing, being realistic is another - and right now being realistic with this board (to avoid getting let down for the thousandth time) is the same as seemingly being negative. Right now, with the Neymar saga continuing and how few options it seems that we have in the transferwindow, it's really hard to be optimistic about how this transferwindow will to turn out.

Are we still selling Cesc by the way? Rumors about that seem to have died down a little. Especially after it turned out getting Koke was just a dream.

Last edited:

ebc_99

I am very positive about our future, in one of our worst seasons in years we still almost won La Liga, finished level with the European Champions, matched them in the cup final and narrowly lost the QF against the Spanish champions. All this with Pinto in goal and Masch in defense.

The board is a joke and have a lot to do to win the trust of cule's, but Simeone's Atletico showed what you can do with hard work and team spirit couple with ambition and talent. If Luis Enrique can instill that into our players we don't need signings to compete but we do need them to win titles, and the board have painted themselves into a corner with what they have said this summer so far. They have to sign players or else they are gone and they know it, so I expect signings but I am not sure as to the quality. Hopefully Lucho has a big say as I would trust him to get what the team needs.

It has only been a week so far, and the press are looking for things to keep us interested as the season is over so they make stuff up everyday. The best thing to do is to ignore it until something concrete emerges.

Bertus

One game in a meaningless friendly tournament is evidence enough to show a player is not ready to play for Barca?!?!? That's absurd, with all due respect.

Marquinhos doesn't have the same experience as Laporte and Bartra?!? Again, absurd. Marquinhos played a full season for Roma and had over 30 appearances for PSG. Laporte? One and a half seasons for Bilbao. Bartra? Only one full season as a sub, and sporadic play at best the year before.

If you're going to argue on experience, Marquinhos arguably has more than both Laporte and Bartra.
Not a full season.

He played 26 matches only with Roma i believe.

Jägermeister

I don't get it. On one hand our scouts suck because they don't get us a young defender. And on the other we mustn't buy a young cb with not that much experience?

Kohe321

Right now I just want this toxic board to leave more than any signing. Todays news about them being found guilty in the Neymar case and possibly having to pay a 54m fine just made me become completely and utterly sick of this gang of thugs running Barca, and basically ruined most of the excitement I had left of this transferwindow. :(

Last edited:

Shegzy

I don't get it. On one hand our scouts suck because they don't get us a young defender. And on the other we mustn't buy a young cb with not that much experience?

the young defenders we are talking about are those that will not cost more than 15m Like balanta and doria,varane when Madrid got him,Kurt zouma transfer to Chelsea not the young ones like marquinhos and laporte who would cost above 35m

Tomchin

the young defenders we are talking about are those that will not cost more than 15m Like balanta and doria,varane when Madrid got him,Kurt zouma transfer to Chelsea not the young ones like marquinhos and laporte who would cost above 35m
Is that the guy that Tata wanted to sign? Have we still been linked with him recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans