Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
and marquinhos is not different from Bartra maybe a little faster and that is it and almost everybody ant us to sign him.Bartra is as tall or even a little bit taller as strong as him also.For people talking about player starting due to performance and not name it will only happen in fantasy,if we signed marquinhos he will get the 5 and will start over Bartra unless he suffer a serious injury and Xavi will also start over rakitic and rafinha in big games whether he is in form or not,That is the reality and not some performance based selection u all are fantasizing about

Lucho isn't Tata or Roura to start the big names every time just because.

Shegzy

If Bartra is playing well enough he will start. the question is how will he get the chance to play well enough cos he can't do this by sitting on the bench,the only thing that might help his case is if one of Adriano or alves sold,if it Adriano Mathieu becomes 2nd lb and 4th cb or of it alves Bartra 2nd rb and 4th cb or move Adriano to the right and have Mathieu as 2nd lb and 4th cb if none of this happens Bartra is going to play less cos u won't sign Mathieu for 20m if he is only going to be 4th choice and play handful of games but if lucho rotates a lot there will be no problem but if he doesn't there will be problem in the gk position,cb and midfield with xavi staying

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We don't know that yet. They said the same thing about Tata. But let us hope so.

Tata, I think, vastly underestimated the job he took on. Here he is, a newcomer to the club, only having a track record in South America. I think it was very apparent that he lost the dressing room and gave up on the job by winter.

And in Tito/Roura's case you have to realize that Tito was having treatment for his cancer, and Roura took the safe route by fielding the best 11 or the biggest names in every match.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Defending is all about a mentality, the desire and determination to simply not allow your opponent through come hell or high water (coming from first hand experience playing as a defenseman in hockey at the world class level as a youth. Not football but it's the same principle) and it's that raw spirit and determination that made Puyol and Maldini and Thuram legendary defenders.

That's why I laugh at ppl who think Bartra can't compete at the highest level, he has the intangibles more than say Piqué which can make up for "the lack of height, speed or strength" (which I think is extremely nit picky, he is a tad skinny but I other than that he has the perfect build for a mobile CB).

It's why I think Bartra will be better than Piqué. Piqué has all of the skill but lacks heart and conviction at times which is why I think Bartra-Piqué has the potential to be a great pairing. They complement each other perfectly at how they approach defending and will work a lot better than say Piqué-Ramos who both have the laid back approach. It's good at times bc a cool head that doesn't panic is a good trait to have at the back but it can lead to complacency and a lack of focus.

Lucho I think will appreciate what Bartra brings to the table and all things considered, for what we need in a defender, Bartra is a better fit than 95% of the other CBs in the world, young or old.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Tata, I think, vastly underestimated the job he took on. Here he is, a newcomer to the club, only having a track record in South America. I think it was very apparent that he lost the dressing room and gave up on the job by winter.

And in Tito/Roura's case you have to realize that Tito was having treatment for his cancer, and Roura took the safe route by fielding the best 11 or the biggest names in every match.

The problem was neither tito nor tata gave youth enough chances to impress. Tata said squad rotation and all that stuff but did not work properly. It had a negative impact on the players. His substitutions are often very late and did not change the tactics that very well during the match. He lost the players trust. He does all stupid things in all matches but when it comes to big matches he did not have the guts to change the starting lineup. Used 4 midfielders every fucking time. The main problem with tata is his inability to motivate the team. No body accepted him that well or he did not try.

I don't know how different the situation is under lucho. I will judge him after feb or march. That is when the teams generally break in crucial stages.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Defending is all about a mentality, the desire and determination to simply not allow your opponent through come hell or high water (coming from first hand experience playing as a defenseman in hockey at the world class level as a youth. Not football but it's the same principle) and it's that raw spirit and determination that made Puyol and Maldini and Thuram legendary defenders.

That's why I laugh at ppl who think Bartra can't compete at the highest level, he has the intangibles more than say Piqué which can make up for "the lack of height, speed or strength" (which I think is extremely nit picky, he is a tad skinny but I other than that he has the perfect build for a mobile CB).

It's why I think Bartra will be better than Piqué. Piqué has all of the skill but lacks heart and conviction at times which is why I think Bartra-Piqué has the potential to be a great pairing. They complement each other perfectly at how they approach defending and will work a lot better than say Piqué-Ramos who both have the laid back approach. It's good at times bc a cool head that doesn't panic is a good trait to have at the back but it can lead to complacency and a lack of focus.

Lucho I think will appreciate what Bartra brings to the table and all things considered, for what we need in a defender, Bartra is a better fit than 95% of the other CBs in the world, young or old.

I'm wondering if Pique will be a starter ... We have the new guy who I believe will be THE main CB unless we get an absolute world class one soon .... I see him starting with either Masch / Pique or even Bartra who he knows very well . I can't see LE tolerating Pique's lacklustre performances for long .... sometimes I wonder if he's listening to Shaqira on his iPod whilst defending corners ...

icemanbrfc

I give up.. Just start Pique and Mathieu, and give Bartra more mins to develop. Hopefully, we can bring back that fluid posession football, and give the defence less to worry about when the opposition are unable to get hold of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans