Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

According to what they've said previously, he'd play as a hybrid rightback/right midfielder.

Translation: "Other teams feel free to counter our right flank, it's totally free because we have most possession anyways. It's not like we will finish or chances or anything"

Avenida Alves is bad, Cuadrado would be worse.

Jadentheman

Would he even fit in the system? this 3-4-3 nonsense hass to stop. Pep tried to pull a Sacchi and failed. Lucho idk why go back to something that only works against minnows, disaster in waiting

M

maxmss

Would he even fit in the system? this 3-4-3 nonsense hass to stop. Pep tried to pull a Sacchi and failed. Lucho idk why go back to something that only works against minnows, disaster in waiting
If we accept Lucho as the coach of Barca, he should be trusted with his selections. If he wants Cuadrado in his project then board better get Cuadrado for him. As for us fans: I don't think anyone here knows more than Lucho. We should be patient: our time to express opinions is spring of 2015. No need to hit the panic button now. Especially when Zubi did a decent job with singing(which tells me that Rosell was the real prick and not letting Zubi to do his job).

Crixus

I haven't heard anything in both Rac1 and , Radiocat about Cuadrado !! may be the news was made up by some twitter accounts seeking followers and attention .

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
kinda agree with you, but let's wait, it's too early to make predictions

icemanbrfc

If we accept Lucho as the coach of Barca, he should be trusted with his selections. If he wants Cuadrado in his project then board better get Cuadrado for him. As for us fans: I don't think anyone here knows more than Lucho. We should be patient: our time to express opinions is spring of 2015. No need to hit the panic button now. Especially when Zubi did a decent job with singing(which tells me that Rosell was the real prick and not letting Zubi to do his job).

What song did Zubi sing? ;)

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
If we do sell Alves and get Cuadrado, Lucho will probably realise the lack of defensive ability of the latter eventually. Because of this, I can see him using Montoya when we play 4-3-3 and only play Cuadrado when we play 3-4-3. We might see that formation more often than you'd imagine next season.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Defending is all about a mentality, the desire and determination to simply not allow your opponent through come hell or high water (coming from first hand experience playing as a defenseman in hockey at the world class level as a youth. Not football but it's the same principle) and it's that raw spirit and determination that made Puyol and Maldini and Thuram legendary defenders.

That's why I laugh at ppl who think Bartra can't compete at the highest level, he has the intangibles more than say Piqué which can make up for "the lack of height, speed or strength" (which I think is extremely nit picky, he is a tad skinny but I other than that he has the perfect build for a mobile CB).

It's why I think Bartra will be better than Piqué. Piqué has all of the skill but lacks heart and conviction at times which is why I think Bartra-Piqué has the potential to be a great pairing. They complement each other perfectly at how they approach defending and will work a lot better than say Piqué-Ramos who both have the laid back approach. It's good at times bc a cool head that doesn't panic is a good trait to have at the back but it can lead to complacency and a lack of focus.

Lucho I think will appreciate what Bartra brings to the table and all things considered, for what we need in a defender, Bartra is a better fit than 95% of the other CBs in the world, young or old.
Finally somebody realizes it along with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans