Bayern München

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ah, makes sense.
In my book, he's pretty much twice the CB that Luiz is, and around 3 times cheaper.
Makes you wonder why on earth we weren't in for him too...

Well, if you land Benatia in turn, I don't think you have much reason to complain ;)

Trickykid

Well, if you land Benatia in turn, I don't think you have much reason to complain ;)

True that. Sadly there's not a whole lot pointing to us doing so at the moment. Quite the contrary.

Not related at all, but as you probably know, Højbjerg made his debut with our national team against Sweden the other day. He was hands down the motm. He seems so mature for his age. No nerves to speak of and great composure.
What's your prediction for the coming season? Is a loan still in the cards?

Galning

He was linked to Barça a couple of times when Pep was still here so it makes sense that Bayern are in for him now.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

True that. Sadly there's not a whole lot pointing to us doing so at the moment. Quite the contrary.

Not related at all, but as you probably know, Højbjerg made his debut with our national team against Sweden the other day. He was hands down the motm. He seems so mature for his age. No nerves to speak of and great composure.

I see two options. Loan him out (Gladbach is currently interested), or make him the Alaba of our right side. If he can continue to play there like he did against BVB, he has a bright future at Bayern.

Die Bayern

The board have ruled out any possible loans for Højbjerg. I think he would benefit from a 1 year loan at a club like Gladbach for example. However I think Pep likes him a lot and will use him more often next season. Given that Kroos is almost certain to leave next year I think it is best for us to keep him and give him more playing time so he is ready to fill in when Kroos leaves.

As for Garay, I haven't watched him enough to comment so is he rated highly? Personally, I would have loved Laporte even though he is much younger and inexperienced but at this price (if true) I won't complain.

AfricanBavarian

Garay is the type of signing I expected Bayern to make. I didnt think Bayern would splurge on a CB cause the defensive issues are a tactical problem more than a personnel one. Garay is a relatively cheap quality depth signing and he is only 27 years old so a lot of room to grow as a CB.

Trickykid

I see two options. Loan him out (Gladbach is currently interested), or make him the Alaba of our right side. If he can continue to play there like he did against BVB, he has a bright future at Bayern.

The board have ruled out any possible loans for Højbjerg. I think he would benefit from a 1 year loan at a club like Gladbach for example. However I think Pep likes him a lot and will use him more often next season. Given that Kroos is almost certain to leave next year I think it is best for us to keep him and give him more playing time so he is ready to fill in when Kroos leaves.

Cheers guys.
At any rate, he has impressed me every time I've seen him in action, and it sounds like Pep likes him too, so hopefully he'll be a regular squad player from next season on.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
As long as he doesn't commit such atrocious blunders like Jerome Blunderteng, that would already be a huge improvement. Hope, he can do well in our high pitch pressing.

Some Bayern fan not long ago here, was claiming Boateng was the best CB around

:lol: good stuff

Home of Barca Fans