Bayern München

Die Bayern

Man, you were close to being able to win back-to-back Treble.

Congrats on the Double though!

You can't get too greedy! I would have loved to be able to win the CL again but we saw it's not easy. To me, if your Barca side with Pep couldn't do it, then I don't see any other team doing it in the near future.

Winning the Domestic double is still a great achievement. I was very impressed by Pep's tactics for this game, though I have to admit being sceptical when I saw us line-up with 3 at the back. Fair play to him though, got it spot on. The young land, Hojbjerg was incredible yesterday. What a talent he is, really impressed me throughout the match.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Inspired by Pep's formation from yesterday, I think that's how we should play next season:

___________Lewa (Pizza)____________
Rib (Shaq)__Götze (Müller)_Robb (Müller)
__Thiago (Kroos)_Schwein (Kroos)_____
_________Martinez (Schwein)________
Alaba (?)__Dante (Badst/Boa)____Lahm (Rafinha)
__________Neuer (Starke)__________

Potentially fucking awesome.

Last edited:

AfricanBavarian

Inspired by Pep's formation from yesterday, I think that's how we should play next season:

___________Lewa (Pizza)____________
Rib (Shaq)__Götze (Müller)_Robb (Müller)
__Thiago (Kroos)_Schwein (Kroos)_____
_________Martinez (Schwein)________
Alaba (?)__Dante (Badst/Boa)____Lahm (Rafinha)
__________Neuer (Starke)__________

Potentially fucking awesome.

What formation is that? Alaba and Lahm as CBs?! :lol:

What Pep played yesterday looked more like this:

---------------Neuer-----

-----Boateng---Martinez---Dante

--Rafihna--Kroos--Lahm--Hojbjerg

-------Robben--Muller--Gotze----

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So Pep finally got his 3-4-3 to work? Didn't see the game, but saw that the result was positive.

Neutralized Dortmund's counters for the most part. It'd be even more solid with Alaba back on the left, Rafinha on the right, and Martinez phasing between both defense and base of midfield. Essentially a constant flux between 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 (with the emphasis depending on whether the opponent is more high pressing or deep sitting).

Lahm and Thiago as CM's would work really well in Pep's system. Both are very composed on the ball under pressure and Lahm's box to box orientation gives a lot of energy. Kroos on the other hand got pinned back every time he was being pressed, always passing backwards. Having a midfielder who gets that muted under pressure makes it difficult to play through the middle, but with Thiago that shouldn't be a problem.

Add in a technical striker like Lewa and Bayern have a pretty good system working (unlike Pep's stupid experiments with the 4-2-3-1 recently). It's something he knows how to work with and that fits his philosophy.

barcanuck

Pep is awesome for surprising Klopp with that. That's something Tito/Tata haven't really done is radically change to a unexpected formation. Miss that about Pep.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Next try then.

___________Lewandowski__________
Ribery_____________________Robben
_________Thiago_Lahm____________
Alaba______________________Rafinha
___Dante__Martinez_____Boateng___
__________Neuer_________________

Rafinha should be replaced. Seriously.
Badstuber would compete with Dante for the spot on the left, Boateng with Luiz/Benatia.

AfricanBavarian

Next try then.

___________Lewandowski__________
Ribery_____________________Robben
_________Thiago_Lahm____________
Alaba______________________Rafinha
___Dante__Martinez_____Boateng___
__________Neuer_________________

Rafinha should be replaced. Seriously.
Badstuber would compete with Dante for the spot on the left, Boateng with Luiz/Benatia.

Much better! :D

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Nach Angaben der argentinischen Zeitung "Clarín" wechselt Ezequiel #Garay zum #FCBayern. Der IV kostet 15 Mio & erhält 4J-Vertrag

According to some argentine newspaper, Bayern have signed Benfica's Garay for 15 mio. and 4 years. If true, that wouldn't be bad, I guess. Would have preferred Benatia though.

L

linetty

Garay is a quality player, unbelievably good in the air, great positioning... Good deal if true

R

Ryu Hayabusa

As long as he doesn't commit such atrocious blunders like Jerome Blunderteng, that would already be a huge improvement. Hope, he can do well in our high pitch pressing.

Home of Barca Fans