Bayern München

Emma

no, not only Micky. Lukaz was missing too and Kuba an Bender not fit.

By the way, Bayern always come with this excuse when they lose a match.

And, besides, they have sounded before, they could defeat every team with the own B-squad. Nice, really?

Meitux

I don't know what they said but its not only about it,its still pre season at the end.And the players haven't settled yet fully on Pep's tactics.It was the first official game as was for Thiago to be thrown to the hard work from his first game in a position he is unfamiliar with.He doesn't have the best of defensive abilities to be playing this lone box to box role behind the attacking midfielders.I think the game would be more balanced as i said if Pep brought him out around 60 minutes and brought Gustavo in.Without a true defensive midfielder the defence got really exposed and Van Buyten really can't make it done.

But overall it was a well deserved win for Borussia and i expected a win from the moment Neuer wasn't there or Ribery.Still im waiting to see Bayern with full squad and Gotze fit and playing how they will be.

Last edited:

Meitux

Pep playing Martinez in defence :pep:,propably tests him to see if he'll use him there on the future and how it works, but it would be a waste of his talent to be used as CB..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I see pep has brought the "more sideways passes to increase possession stat instead if effectively passing to create chances" philosphy he had in his last season with us. The 4-1-4-1 is suited to this style but 4231 is more effective, allows better pressing and is more flexible to the players in the squad.

Meitux

Very different Bayern with Ribery Neuer and Schweinsteiger fit...I see Martinez working quite good in defence but still i would like him to the midfield.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I see pep has brought the "more sideways passes to increase possession stat instead if effectively passing to create chances" philosphy he had in his last season with us. The 4-1-4-1 is suited to this style but 4231 is more effective, allows better pressing and is more flexible to the players in the squad.

Actually I'd say his 4-1-4-1 is a very flexible system which works the flanks with great effect, something that gives Bayern an advantage.

Meitux

Lovely counter attack there and good passing.And still there isn't Gotze there,i magine him having heavy involvement in attack build up.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Just 1-0? Sao Paulo is in a major crisis, thought it'd be a massacre.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Just 1-0? Sao Paulo is in a major crisis, thought it'd be a massacre.

Should've been more, Sao Paulo are sitting deep and defending a lot plus Ceni had an amazing game in goal. Other than that Bayern dominated and could've scored a few more.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Sao Paulo actually aren't half bad, some good defending by Toloi, Ganso around. I don't follow Brasillian football but they look reasonable decent to me.

Obv Bayern are dominating, also with home advantage, but Sao Paolo gave a good account of themselves, i look forward to Milan facing them.

Home of Barca Fans