Bayern München

Stric

Mandžukić is no competition for Lewandowski, just sayin'. Extremely overrated. And that's coming from a Croat. :lol:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Not just any small team.. A "David" team.. The underestimated yet strong team.. Maybe.. We can do it? :D
We are probably too big to be David, but we have better chances than last year... :cool: Although I'd have nothing against some other team taking down Bayern.
Dortmund has repeatedly been Bayern's David; they might struggle against other teams, but against Bayern, they are usually rather strong... But there are several other potential candidates. Perhaps Arsenal, taking revenge for last year?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We are probably too big to be David, but we have better chances than last year... :cool: Although I'd have nothing against some other team taking down Bayern.
Dortmund has repeatedly been Bayern's David; they might struggle against other teams, but against Bayern, they are usually rather strong... But there are several other potential candidates. Perhaps Arsenal, taking revenge for last year?

I certainly hope we can do it even though I don't have much confidence at this point (not until we get at least one quality CB). I think BVB has the best chance in beating them, followed by RM and Juve perhaps.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mandžukić is no competition for Lewandowski, just sayin'. Extremely overrated. And that's coming from a Croat. :lol:

Mandžukić is not overrated since he doesn't carry the whole weight of his team on his shoulder and honestly he delivered whenever he was needed. His consistency is just great.

Lewandowski is somewhat overrated, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player, I just think his performance vs. RM in the last CL campaign hyped up his profile.

barcanuck

Manzukic is sick in the air though, big part of Bayern's game is crosses. Lewandowski is good in the air but not a monster like Mario. Will be tough choices for Pep.

Maria

For me Bayern are the favorites for CL

We were clear favourites in 2010 and in 2012 and we didn't win it..in a knock-out competition all you need is a volcano, some bad-luck, injuries or poor form and you lose. Not to mention that no other team has managed to win the CL for 2 consecutive years. So right now we could say that Bayern, BVB, Barca, Real Madrid and Juventus are favorites for CL. I would also add City because of their atack, midfield and because they got rid of Mancini and Chelsea because they are always though to beat in CL and they have Mourinho.

Manzukic is sick in the air though, big part of Bayern's game is crosses. Lewandowski is good in the air but not a monster like Mario. Will be tough choices for Pep.

How many goals have they scored this season from headers or set pieces? I am scared to play them, Real Madrid or Chelsea just because our players are useless in the air..and those who aren't useless are just too small.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lewandowski is better, I believe he can become the best #9 in the world in fact. That doesn't mean that Mandzukic is bad, he's consistent and a huge aerial threat.

Home of Barca Fans