Borussia Dortmund

Science Kid

Borussia- Goetze should have at least wait untill the end of the season. Now if the two teams meet in the final, there will be a huge ethical problem.

Eh,Goetze is a mercenary,he plays mostly for himself,do you really think he would sabotage the most important match in his career?

He doesn't care for BVB nor he cares about Bayern,he cares about his career and his opportunities and just like against Real he'll play his ass off.

BTW,i think he did BVB a favor,first of all had he stayed as planned,Lewa would have certainly left and he's a 100 times more important than Goetze.Plus the back stabbing manner of the transfer has pissed of the BVB's board and they're not going to let anyone else go.

BVB Spring 2012 was a monstrous side,they had a 28 game unbeaten streak(from match day 7 till the end) in the Bundesliga plus they were unbeaten in the cup...and they were playing without Goetze from December till May.He will not be especially missed.Remember that when Sahin went to RM,people were thinking the squad would suffer and yet Gundogan,his replacement turned out to be an even better player.Same think with Kagawa,with the coming of Reus who's just as deadly upfront but is superior defensively,the pressing game BVB plays was perfected and ready for a CL quest.

They will find a suitable replacement,they won't be able to find one for Lewa and thanks to Goetze's actions,he's staying at least one more year.

Richard.H

I really, really hope Dortmund beats RM on Tuesday. I hope they don't underestimate RM and realize that a 3 goal gap isn't that big. Hopefully Hummels doesn't make any defensive errors. I'm sure RM will put the pressure on the defense nonstop from minute 1. They will come in to the match with a lot of motivation....

loozy

Also Bayern hasn't felt for necessary to contact Dortmund at least before. Anybody in Germany has the feeling, that Bayern had fear Dotmund could destroy the whole season in a possible cl-finale.

Meh, Watzke did not contact Mönchengladbach about Reus, so it's not something that is just Bayern's doing ;) And as for Bayern's supposed fear: well, it showed that Dortmund was thoroughly unimpressed and Bayern has bigger fish to worry about right now than what Dortmund is doing. They announced (or had it announced) the transfer to distract from Hoeneß.

Also, can you give me a link with this supposed agreement to not let a player go? I cannot find anything in the German or English media.

ccesc

After Nuris Goal

tumblr_mlxigpOj7o1qcb0tdo1_400.gif

tumblr_mlxigpOj7o1qcb0tdo2_400.gif

Science Kid

I really, really hope Dortmund beats RM on Tuesday. I hope they don't underestimate RM and realize that a 3 goal gap isn't that big. Hopefully Hummels doesn't make any defensive errors. I'm sure RM will put the pressure on the defense nonstop from minute 1. They will come in to the match with a lot of motivation....

Yes it is,especially when the superior team has the lead.This is not Milan-Barca,Dortmund has outplayed Madrid three times this season and bar a 90' minute hail Mary by Ozil they would have beaten them 3 times.Madrid was extremely lucky they didn't lose 6 or 7-1,they should thank Lopez for that.If Dortmund scores,Madrid needs 4 goals just to go to ET...if Dortmund scores twice,Madrid would need 6 goals.

And considering how bad Madrid's defense is and how good Dortmund's attacking is,the chance of them not scoring is minuscule.

BVB should play as if it's 0:0,they should try to beat Madrid at their home ground as well,not try to preserve their lead.If they play with that mindset,Madrid has no chance.

loozy

Well, we'll see if they stick to that or if they cave when the player expresses his desire to leave or a club come up with a big enough wad of cash.

ccesc

I still cant believe it.
In 2005 Dortmund was one step away from going totally bankrupt and the end of professional football was so close.
Tomorrow we have the great chance of moving to the final of the Champions League.
This is unbelieavable. Dortmund fans suffered so much in the hard times between 2003 and 2008 with players like akgün, Senesie, Njambe, Gambino or Sadrijaj.
Thank you Aki Watzke, Michael Zorc, Reinhard Rauball and Jürgen Klopp! :worthy:

loozy

I wonder when people are going to start calling Dortmund the German Arsenal? Every year an important player leaves them and they still achieve their goals :p

*not really serious, just a random thought that came to me :D*

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I wonder when people are going to start calling Dortmund the German Arsenal? Every year an important player leaves them and they still achieve their goals :p

When Dortmund go 5 years without winning anything again

B

beautifulgame

Lol cept this Dortmund team is better than any Arsenal team I have seen, including the 'invincibles.' ;-)

barcanuck

I still cant believe it.
In 2005 Dortmund was one step away from going totally bankrupt and the end of professional football was so close.
Tomorrow we have the great chance of moving to the final of the Champions League.
This is unbelieavable. Dortmund fans suffered so much in the hard times between 2003 and 2008 with players like akgün, Senesie, Njambe, Gambino or Sadrijaj.
Thank you Aki Watzke, Michael Zorc, Reinhard Rauball and Jürgen Klopp! :worthy:

Congrats to all Borussia fans out there, truly an inspiring club who has come from the bottom to the top.

Um you can't compare Borussia to Arsenal due to Borussia having 3 trophies in last few years.

barcanuck

^Very true on the fluctuation of players : Kagawa, Sashin, Barrios, Gotze, Reus, Lewandoski, Hummels all have left or are about to leave. Crazy.

Home of Barca Fans