Brazil

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sorry but I understand him. The coach should communicate.

But Dunga is dunga, and people who expect him to do something great are in for a big, big disappointment.

And telling how he really feels doesn't mean he doesn't work hard.

As I said, it feels to me he's paying for what happened at the WC, as if he was the cause, sure.

For all we know Dunga might barely talk with the other players. Silva should chin up and work hard, that's it. He lost the captaincy and he shouldn't whine about it. Besides, he is always injured so not a very reliable player either. You need continuity in your defence and perhaps that's why Miranda and Luiz are preferred over him right now.

Not expecting Dunga to do very great, but he is doing what Scolari didn't, and that is selecting players on merit, mostly atleast and that's already one giant step in right direction.

CuleLife4Life

Lol Thiago is well on his way to losing his spot on the NT if he keeps talking about the situation. It happened. Get over it. Dunga doesn't like whiners. I don't think he should have lost his armband either but you can't complain to a man like Dunga.

I still think its a crime that David Luiz is starting over him with Miranda though. If you watched the game vs Turkey, he was still making runs into midfield but Turkey sucked so they did't take advantage.

If I were the manager, I'd choose between Miranda or TS for one 30+ spot on the team, David Luiz, Marquinhos, and a young CB like Dede, Doria, etc. Brazil's has the good and bad problem of having too many good players to call up but the sooner we find a good to great crop of young players the better. By the time the Copa and qualifying comes around, we shouldn't still be calling up random players unless they've been having tremendous showings.

BrazilFan

Thiago didn't show good leadership during the World Cup. The penalty incident and his stupid yellow versus Colombia. I agree, he should just chine up and work harder. It just an armband, you don't need it to still be a leader on the pitch. When Thiago was injured Dunga had already said even when Thiago comes back, Neymar will remain the captain.

Last edited:

DrPepper

It's not a problem to lose capitancy, but the manager should at least have the guts to talk to Silva about that in order to avoid such a situation. I believe a team that wants to be successful must have a good relationship between manager and the players. I can fully understand Thiago's reaction, it's not about whining either.

He might not be the most influental player mentally, but definitely the most important player to give stability to the team. One game he missed and they conceded 7 goals. Being more or less injury prone doesn't mean he is unreliable. If he plays he performs well. Certainly much more consistent than the likes of David Luiz or Dante.

CuleLife4Life

We play against them tomorrow.Hope we win and keep our undefeated streak going.
Will Neymar Play?

I'm starting to get disillusioned with Dunga a bit so I'm hoping you guys at least tie with us or *gasp* even beat us. What do you think your chances are?

There is absolutely no experimentation going on while relying on only Neymar as our only pure creative force. Willian and Oscar don't cut it for me. And the fact that Willian is a starter instead of players like Firmino or Coutinho is insanity. I think he is a good player but I wouldn't count on him if Neymar were to get injured. Dopey is having the same problem as in 2010. No plan B if plan A falls apart.

CuleLife4Life

Ehh I was hoping we'd draw but am glad we won with a Firmino golazo. I really want him to become a focal point in the team by Copa America. Not everything should be centered around Neymar but with Oscar and Willian starting as attacking players, he is forced to try to do everything himself.

Yannik

Brazil should honestly start Firmino instead of Willian. I watch matches from both a lot and there is not even a single aspect in which Willian is better, dribbling, shooting, passing, technique, playmaking, intelligence, strength, work rates (they are even here though as both are actually decent workers for the team).

Unfortunately everytime I see Brazils lineups I believe that they put more attention into things they are used to, than into things that would obviously fit them better.

Home of Barca Fans