Carlo Ancelotti

Andresito

Staff member
[Gonzalez-Martin] Carlo Ancelotti fully defends his 'no rotations' policy, and will make changes into his XI only if someone is injured, suspended or is very tired, like Kroos vs Alaves. He's convinced the last defeats came because of not being able to control the ball, not because of fatigue.

Sounds stupid to me.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
[Gonzalez-Martin] Carlo Ancelotti fully defends his 'no rotations' policy, and will make changes into his XI only if someone is injured, suspended or is very tired, like Kroos vs Alaves. He's convinced the last defeats came because of not being able to control the ball, not because of fatigue.

Sounds stupid to me.

The real Mister.

Birdy

It depends. Either
A) will be sacked if barely wins La Liga and crashes out of CL in this style if Pochettino or Tuchel available, more so if loses Liga to Sevilla
B) will be kept if wins La Liga with considerable advantage, comes back to win vs PSG and competes vs City or another top team when facing them

Pochettino only gonna be called up depending how things go for him in CL. I think semifinal and good showing will be enough to make Perez pull trigger in event of Liga becoming agonizingly close with Seville at the same time

I see you still dream about Pochetino.

His no1 priority for the summer is Man Utd, and Utd's no1 priority for the summer is Poch.

So...

El Gato

Villarato!
Not dreaming, speculating
I'd rather a different coach

His priorities nobody knows and he's taken the 1.5 year deal for a reason. And it wasn't because of United.

Birdy

Not dreaming, speculating
I'd rather a different coach

His priorities nobody knows and he's taken the 1.5 year deal for a reason. And it wasn't because of United.

No, it's reported that his no1 priority is to return to EPL, and UTD in particular was a dream job for him since his Spurs days.

El Gato

Villarato!
Doesn't matter what is reported. Matters what he said. And been trying to get into bed with Madrid since summer 2020. Signed deal because it ran out the same time Mbappe contract and Zidane deal at RM. Had nothing to do with United at the time as they committed long term to Ole then

Edit: correction, 2018; when he was option nr 1 after first Zidane stint but Levy wouldn't let him go then so Real ended up scrambling for another coach and asked Allegri, Nagelsmann who both declined and finally ended up with Lopetegui

Last edited:

Birdy

Doesn't matter what is reported. Matters what he said. And been trying to get into bed with Madrid since summer 2020. Signed deal because it ran out the same time Mbappe contract and Zidane deal at RM. Had nothing to do with United at the time as they committed long term to Ole then

What you write sounds much more like speculation.
We don't know why he signed a deal that was to run until 2022, and whether this is down to him, Leonardo, or PSG's president being impatient with managers and all that.

We know that he likes RM from Spain, yes.
But we also know he loves EPL, and that Utd was always his dream job.
Melissa Reddy again today with another article about why they are the perfect fit for each other.
She reported in Nov. (when Ole was sacked) that Poch wants to return to EPL even mid-season if PSG would let him.

If they offer him the job in the summer, he is off there. He knows he will be given the position to transform that club back into success.

El Gato

Villarato!
It is unknown, just as it is unknown whether he gives two shits about the United job

What is known is that he's been trying to get back down to Spain since 2018, even to the extent he said he wouldn't mind managing Barca after initially stating he'd never manage them out of respect for Espanyol
Has explicitly been complimentary of Madrid of own volition he'd be positive about giving it a crack in Spain
Length of contract very much intentional as Mbappe only there till 2022 and Real with big names going off wage bill + original Zidane contract only for 3 years too

Never said a word about United.
All EPL biased chatter
Was closer to rejoining Spurs than managing United just last summer who not much later gave Ole the new 3 year deal and sacked him few months after so now back up in rumor mill

Would probably consider either if offered and lean towards Spain if offered a job this summer as opportunity from RM rarely comes in one's career.
Hence depends how the 2nd leg vs RM turns out and how far he makes it in the CL. If makes it to semis in a better style than last year, he'll probably be favoured over Carlo whose dross football won't be enough to keep him in job. Particularly if loses Clasico and the lead in league race vs terrible competition

El Gato

Villarato!
Lmao I thought you were joking about EV in the other thread
State of that suggestion
Perez unlikely to ever go for a manager with multiple CL humiliations to his name to start and lead the 'new era' at new Bernabeu
Would say more likely to even make Mourinho fall upwards rather than take EV

Ten Hag maybe
Doubt we'll prefer to take him if can go all in for Pochettino. Poch has better record in CL of the two and experience with big names now.
If fail with him, Perez more likely to continue with Carlo and wait for another to become available.
Should Carlo shit the bed next season he'll just be easier to sack and we may give Raul a go like with Solari and see how it goes
But I would think after Carlo the next manager will be someone new considering most of the 2016-2018 generation will be gone

Messigician

Lmao I thought you were joking about EV in the other thread
State of that suggestion
Perez unlikely to ever go for a manager with multiple CL humiliations to his name to start and lead the 'new era' at new Bernabeu
Would say more likely to even make Mourinho fall upwards rather than take EV

Ten Hag maybe
Doubt we'll prefer to take him if can go all in for Pochettino. Poch has better record in CL of the two and experience with big names now.
If fail with him, Perez more likely to continue with Carlo and wait for another to become available.
Should Carlo shit the bed next season he'll just be easier to sack and we may give Raul a go like with Solari and see how it goes
But I would think after Carlo the next manager will be someone new considering most of the 2016-2018 generation will be gone

4-4 and 4-3 aggregate with the best UCL win % in history is hardly humiliating

Home of Barca Fans