Carlo Ancelotti

FinBarcelonafan

[Gonzalez-Martin] Carlo Ancelotti fully defends his 'no rotations' policy, and will make changes into his XI only if someone is injured, suspended or is very tired, like Kroos vs Alaves. He's convinced the last defeats came because of not being able to control the ball, not because of fatigue.

Sounds stupid to me.

Sounds like delusional coach and organisation(Barca had same dilemma and delusions). Been there done that.

It's tough to let go when you've been so great with certain players but at some point it's time.

Chelsea ran over Madrid last season. No hope for Madrid. They should have taken a note. (Like Barca from their disaster shows).

Birdy

It is unknown, just as it is unknown whether he gives two shits about the United job

What is known is that he's been trying to get back down to Spain since 2018, even to the extent he said he wouldn't mind managing Barca after initially stating he'd never manage them out of respect for Espanyol
Has explicitly been complimentary of Madrid of own volition he'd be positive about giving it a crack in Spain
Length of contract very much intentional as Mbappe only there till 2022 and Real with big names going off wage bill + original Zidane contract only for 3 years too

Never said a word about United.
All EPL biased chatter
Was closer to rejoining Spurs than managing United just last summer who not much later gave Ole the new 3 year deal and sacked him few months after so now back up in rumor mill

Would probably consider either if offered and lean towards Spain if offered a job this summer as opportunity from RM rarely comes in one's career.
Hence depends how the 2nd leg vs RM turns out and how far he makes it in the CL. If makes it to semis in a better style than last year, he'll probably be favoured over Carlo whose dross football won't be enough to keep him in job. Particularly if loses Clasico and the lead in league race vs terrible competition

If it's reported again and again, that's not "EPL biased chatter"

Then, yes I didn't deny that he was interested in coaching in Spain, and he almost took over Barca manager position when Setien received the 2-8 thrashing, but the Barca board blocked it due to his Espanyol past

But his interest came at a time when:
1) All top EPL clubs had OTHER coaches and were not looking for a replacement.
AND
2) Either he was at Spurs looking for his next destination if getting firded
3) OR unemployed for a while, waiting for a top club to seek his services.

In the probably scenario that he has many options this summer, leaving from PSG, let's say both Utd and RM present him an offer.
Then he is going to UTD with closed eyes.

Don't get your hopes high.
I am preparing you already for the summer

Birdy

As for Ten Haag, he is the best coach available in the summer -together with Poch

Thankfully he doesn't speak Spanish, let's hope that plays a role in Perez not presenting him an offer, and either continuing with Carlo or going for some other mediocre choice

PS: Can't believe Morten seriously proposed Ernie

khaled_a_d

Poch would not take 2 seconds to accept RM offer if they approached him, even if Manu were also trying to get him. If PSG fire him and Rm decided to go for him, he is theirs.

Birdy

Poch would not take 2 seconds to accept RM offer if they approached him, even if Manu were also trying to get him. If PSG fire him and Rm decided to go for him, he is theirs.

You are terribly wrong here.
Do some research on what people around him say about it.
EPL is above all other leagues for him, and Utd above all other jobs for him

El Gato

Villarato!
You are terribly wrong here.
Do some research on what people around him say about it.
EPL is above all other leagues for him, and Utd above all other jobs for him

Provide research if you can
All I can find is some shitty tier 4 reddit rumor from Melissa Reddy

Birdy

Provide research if you can
All I can find is some shitty tier 4 reddit rumor from Melissa Reddy

Tier 4?? LOOL

Looks you are not so well-versed into EPL journos.
I don't think Reddy has any of the stories she broke ever not confirmed

El Gato

Villarato!
Tier 4?? LOOL

Looks you are not so well-versed into EPL journos.
I don't think Reddy has any of the stories she broke ever not confirmed

Why dont you focus on providing the sources that you claim to have confirmed the story again and again instead of focussing on somebody calling one of those you mentioned shite? Genuinely curious what there is. There was nothing major reported about his United links since they hired Rangnick and rumor mill focussed on that job then
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ochettino-b1962056.html?utm_source=reddit.com

One story in Independent which is basically tier4 speculation like that Ruhr Nachrichten opinion piece on Haaland link to Madrid

She's also got an obvious hardon for him, been reporting about him for years
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...d-mauricio-pochettino-solskjaer-b1944004.html

Ah, here we go that's why mentioning her at all - she put out ANOTHER opinion piece literally cowgirling Poch
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-manchester-united-next-manager-b2019337.html
https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1496068697248706560?s=20&t=etSQn4ucAxEAFdCgEZklaQ - cringeworthy really

Not saying she's wrong in them considering him, or a bad journalist (she was mostly good as LFC source) but she's been pushing Poch agenda for years now,and the evidence of his interest in the job is hardly convincing when it's mostly Reddy's rumors that get passed around as fact.
So yeah - who are these reporters that claim to know how much Poch camp leans towards United being his dream job like you claimed? Now that we've established Reddy's been wrong at least once with the original news of Poch joining United before summer?

Last edited:

Birdy

Not saying she's wrong in them considering him, or a bad journalist (she was mostly good as LFC source) but she's been pushing Poch agenda for years now,and the evidence of his interest in the job is hardly convincing when it's mostly Reddy's rumors that get passed around as fact.
So yeah - who are these reporters that claim to know how much Poch camp leans towards United being his dream job like you claimed? Now that we've established Reddy's been wrong at least once with the original news of Poch joining United before summer?

1) First of all,
Why working for the Independent means she is Tier 4 source?
She never broke a false story for I don't know how many years she had been reporting for Liverpool, on the contrary she had some first-breakthrough ones

2) How have we established she was wrong in any of the above quoted pieces?
I had read them all, all written within the current 21-22 season, and reporting facts.
For once, the fact that Poch was ready to leave mid-season for Utd(if PSG was willing to let him go, not going full war mode against them), was reported by many around November

3) You somehow use the opinion-part of the articles - praising Poch's qualities (which is fine by me) to discredit the factual stuff she provides in her articles, like the fact that Poch wanted them, and that they almost hired him twice, to backtrack the last moment and back Ole
No, liking Poch, and being in favor of him as a coach, does not mean you have an 'agenda' to see him at UTD (when you are not even working for UTD) and that is sufficient to make you construct fake news and violate your journalist integrity

El Gato

Villarato!
Why are we stuck talking about Melissa Reddy?
What are the many reports you keep referencing?

1) First of all,
Why working for the Independent means she is Tier 4 source?

Where did I say or even imply there's anything wrong with working for the Independent?

I didn't say she's a Tier 4 source.
I said the specific story on Poch is a tier 4 reddit level rumor and contains nothing of substance that has been corroborated by further statements from any significant party.

Basically operating at the level of "Ole's been sacked" -> United is vacant, who might they want? -> been interested in Poch in the past -> Poch is ready to leave before summer as not going amazing for him in Paris

Marca does same shit all the time.

She never broke a false story

Weird stuff to lean on.
If I say Earth is made of dirt I'm also not lying.
She SPECULATED it's his intention to leave PSG in winter. Basically meaningless and most likely false.

Like I said, seems far more a push of personal interest angle
You need to learn what a fact is dawg

The below 'insider scoop' from the November opinion piece:
"but The Independent [that is Melissa Reddy] understands that the 49-year-old does not want a third shot to be compromised by waiting until the summer."
is not a fact.

It would be a fact if we could verify this is what Pochettino's intention is.
And there's been no indication he's any closer to United than he is to RM.
Past actions and his direct statements give as much ground that he is looking for a spot in Spain.
He hasn't talked about United bar his meeting with SAF in 2016 while a Spurs manager.

was reported by many around November

What 'many' reports.
So far you leant on one name I took the piss out of.
What 'reports' that do not re-report Reddy's rumor are there?
They should be straightforward to reference, no? Why so hesitant to link?

discredit the factual stuff she provides in her articles, like the fact that Poch wanted them, and that they almost hired him twice, to backtrack the last moment and back Ole

Don't discredit the factual stuff as it is not factual.
So far we know they MAYBE met in March 2019 and even that is sketchy as would mean he'd met Utd intermediaries in secret behind Spurs back while in the middle of CL campaign where Spurs have gone on to make the CL final.
Poch didn't confirm or deny.

What I am disputing is the line of argument you've taken - that Pochettino would preferably pick United when give a choice between RM and United because as you claimed it's his dream job - because there is no evidence to this effect that I know of.

No, liking Poch, and being in favor of him as a coach, does not mean you have an 'agenda' to see him at UTD (when you are not even working for UTD) and that is sufficient to make you construct fake news and violate your journalist integrity

No.
Liking Poch and reporting the never critical pieces is merely a red flag. One that does violate the journalist integrity as she exclusively bigs him up and puts other candidates down.
Doesnt do you any good as a journalist and gives you a look of a propagandist. A simp.
Just need to take a quick look at the record.

Birdy

No.
Liking Poch and reporting the never critical pieces is merely a red flag. One that does violate the journalist integrity as she exclusively bigs him up and puts other candidates down.
Doesnt do you any good as a journalist and gives you a look of a propagandist. A simp.
Just need to take a quick look at the record.

Let's start from this.
Not really.

As long as one can make a clear distinction between opinion and fact, I don't see any red flag here.
She doesn't work for a supposedly neutral body where she needs to be impartial about Utd's next coach, she doesn't even work for Utd.
She is expressing her own individual opinion, and that's it.

Weird stuff to lean on.
If I say Earth is made of dirt I'm also not lying.
She SPECULATED it's his intention to leave PSG in winter. Basically meaningless and most likely false.

Like I said, seems far more a push of personal interest angle
You need to learn what a fact is dawg

The below 'insider scoop' from the November opinion piece:
"but The Independent [that is Melissa Reddy] understands that the 49-year-old does not want a third shot to be compromised by waiting until the summer."
is not a fact.

It would be a fact if we could verify this is what Pochettino's intention is.

OK.
That's where you are getting it wrong.
When a journalist writes "X medium UNDERSTANDS that", then what follows is info from a source.
There are many ways to say it, but the 'UNDERSTANDS' thing is a linguistic standard for reporting while keeping secret the source.
Then, IT'S A FACT that her source told her that. Who her source is, we don't know, but if it reports WHAT HE WANTS it can be Poch's entourage, his agent, a player that is close to him, his environment in general, or even himself

(And since you have a problem with Reddy:
Guillem Ballague who wrote his autobiography also reported recently that Poch wants to go to Utd. That should be a Tier 1 source as he is closer to him than anyone.
The fact that he wanted to join in the past is well-documented. Here is a piece from 2018, not written by Reddy, with the same line confirming his intentions)

Now, to verify that from Poch's own mouth, you have to wait until he becomes Utd's coach, or if he doesn't at all, for many more years of his coaching career to come out and say what his unfulfilled dream was.
So the way you demand verification ain't happening.
Same for revealing all the spicy details of the negotiations he had ever held (like meeting SAF and Utd behind Spurs' back)

It's actually quite ridiculous to claim that in the world of football everything is only a rumor, until the person directly referred to himself verifies it.
People don't speak openly when they are employed or when there is something at stake. We simply go by reliable/unreliable journos, and when many reliable confirm the same info, well...

I didn't say she's a Tier 4 source.
I said the specific story on Poch is a tier 4 reddit level rumor and contains nothing of substance that has been corroborated by further statements from any significant party.

Basically operating at the level of "Ole's been sacked" -> United is vacant, who might they want? -> been interested in Poch in the past -> Poch is ready to leave before summer as not going amazing for him in Paris

Marca does same shit all the time.

Then, since you get the previous point wrong, you conflate the factual with the non-factual parts of the article, making it sound as everything is opinion in there.

Here's the difference:
Examples of Fact reporting:
"He was initially prepared to succeed Jose Mourinho at the club before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?s caretaker spell was made permanent and had talks with the hierarchy last October over replacing the underperforming Norwegian."
"The Independent understands that the 49-year-old does not want a third shot to be compromised by waiting until the summer"

Examples of Journo's opinion:
"The recruitment at PSG has been more about flexing muscles for the brand rather than what makes football sense"
(or from recent article "Diminishing Pochettino?s work at all three on account of a measurement stick that shouldn?t be applied is silly.")

There is a clear indication when there is an info reported or an opinion submitted.
Most articles combine and blend the two like Reddy does in her article.

Then the line the article operates is not what you write.
More like: "Poch wants to coach Utd" (reporting), "Utd wanted to appoint him in the past" (reporting), " Utd coach position is vacant" (fact), "Poch is the perfect fit for Utd" (Opinion) -> Conclusion: it should happen

An article that contains opinion is not Tier 4

What I am disputing is the line of argument you've taken - that Pochettino would preferably pick United when give a choice between RM and United because as you claimed it's his dream job - because there is no evidence to this effect that I know of.

The point is the outcome of several different pieces of evidence combed together.
1) that Poch wants to return to EPL for footballing reasons
2) that Poch wants to return to England because his family still lives there
3) that Poch always coveted Utd's coach position the many years he was coaching in England, and he came close to joining them 2ice.

The contrary evidence you claim is basically this:
4) Poch would have liked to coach RM
which I never denied,
which THOUGH is more a part of:
5) Poch wanted to coach a top club after Spurs/
He even came close to joining Barca (despite his Espanyol past :lol:), he met with Barto and Planes who wanted him to succeed Setien, but the board blocked it.

3>>5 and 4 when he has the option of both.
If you also take into account 2...

El Gato

Villarato!
As long as one can make a clear distinction between opinion and fact, I don't see any red flag here.
Which she doesn't?
Reports things as fact when they aren't. And you also present it as such.

OK.
That's where you are getting it wrong.
When a journalist writes "X medium UNDERSTANDS that", then what follows is info from a source.
Which doesn't mean the source is correct making the information non-factual.

Then, IT'S A FACT that her source told her that.
Basically yup.

Who her source is, we don't know, but if it reports WHAT HE WANTS it can be Poch's entourage, his agent, a player that is close to him, his environment in general, or even himself
.... making Poch's desires no less factual than the source has claimed.
Until you get an inkling of his intentions directly from his words or actions, it's not a fact.
Simples.

(And since you have a problem with Reddy:
I don't.
Been asking for the countless sources which you claimed repeated the story again and again.

Which they haven't.

Guillem Ballague who wrote his autobiography
Pretty sure that makes it not an 'auto'biography. But regardless.

also reported recently that Poch wants to go to Utd

(...)

That should be a Tier 1 source as he is closer to him than anyone.
He didn't. He said he thinks he wants to go. Which is Balague's take and he's entitled to it.
If he however said he heard from Pochettino he wants to go, that's a whole different story as implies Poch has passed on his clear motivations to him.
Not even been a big story this one that's supposedly part of multiple reports you suggested, just a single take from a single journalist at one point in time. Could link Tancredi Palmeri and would hold as much weight for claim at hand.

Not sure why would his take be credible because he wrote a book for him.
Lends no more ground to the insight into Poch mind at any point in time beyond the time of writing.
Unless there's something about Poch's United dream in that book I dont see how it's remotely relevant.

The fact that he wanted to join in the past is well-documented.
It isn't. The Times article you linked after that sentence gives no evidence for a claim they make.

Now, to verify that from Poch's own mouth, you have to wait until he becomes Utd's coach, or if he doesn't at all

Not really. Coaches often answer between the lines also during their contract with a different club when it's clear their time is expiring.
Could be they'll sit down and talk and make an obvious implication towards one club or another (i.e. Roy Keane rumors to Sunderland). Don't need it to happen to believe it will.

But you do need him to say something rather than nothing.

Same for revealing all the spicy details of the negotiations he had ever held (like meeting SAF and Utd behind Spurs' back)
What negotiations?
Far as we're concerned nothing happened as was reported he'd have been negotiating in the middle of Spurs 2019 CL campaign.
He didn't meet SAF behind Spurs back. He spoke to him in 2016 and wasn't in any way linked to job opportunity.

It's actually quite ridiculous to claim that in the world of football everything is only a rumor, until the person directly referred to himself verifies it.
Sure no problem, because I didn't say it.
News isn't news until it is broadly reported by reputable circles rather than a "I think he'll go United"/"we understand he wants to" opinion from Reddy or Balague as these are meaningless on their own in a vacuum.
Plenty of United insiders better than either of those two who could have spoken up to corroborate it if it were strong enough. Yet they're silent. Because they know it isn't.

We simply go by reliable/unreliable journos, and when many reliable confirm the same info, well...
Aye. You're yet to provide the 'many' that you said report things 'again and again. We're on two so far with respect to Poch and United in summer 2022. And neither claiming he has preference for United over RM either.

Then the line the article operates is not what you write.
More like: "Poch wants to coach Utd" (reporting), "Utd wanted to appoint him in the past" (reporting), " Utd coach position is vacant" (fact), "Poch is the perfect fit for Utd" (Opinion) -> Conclusion: it should happen
Yup.
Poch would like to coach United (who wouldn't?) - we don't know if he wants to do it over any other party and have had evidence to suggest he'd equally be up for returning to Spurs.
United may have wanted to appoint him (believable), yet didn't even need to approach him with anything more concrete for this statement to be any more true. Hence anything else is speculation and yet you jump at arguments they had secret talks. lol
So only fact being the position is vacant.
Doesn't do very much for your 'United job is a dream' narrative, have to say.

An article that contains opinion is not Tier 4

Didn't say it.
Said it's Tier 4 as prioritises opinion over information containing a speculative statement it piggybacks the entire report on.
Nor was it picked up throughout the reputable circles at the time and comprised just a slightly more decent hearsay than that you'd get from DailyMail or The Sun.

3) that Poch always coveted Utd's coach position the many years he was coaching in England, and he came close to joining them 2ice.
'Coveted' as loose and liberal as you can get here.
Anyone likes the idea of coaching United. Doesn't mean he'd prefer it over a club in Spain like you originally claimed.

4) Poch would have liked to coach RM
which I never denied,
which THOUGH is more a part of:
5) Poch wanted to coach a top club after Spurs/
He even came close to joining Barca (despite his Espanyol past :lol:), he met with Barto and Planes who wanted him to succeed Setien, but the board blocked it.

No it isn't 'more of a part of'.
He wants to coach in Spain which he explicitly said (rather than reports of) and would jump at opportunity to be a Barca or RM coach as knows both are two biggest in Spain.
Any chance, he's there.
Will always land a Prem job especially likely with United always wiling to hire and sack new managers since SAF.
If gets blocked by Zidane or another coach as good or better than himself at RM however, he'd have to wait for years so would be more inclined to take job while open.
Also quicker route to the title battle than in EPL where he could see himself fighting top4 on annual basis and knows it

All up in the air anyway.
No credible news around the decision as season ongoing and Poch probably not thinking about it as knows he's likely to get a call from someone no matter what.
Hence journos free to claim whatever they like and won't be questioned but hardly anyone provided anything groundbreaking.
Certainly nothing about anyone's dreams or made a meal of it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans